Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2017 3:13:26 PM EDT
Just Picked a National Postal Meter with the barrel marked inland mfg div general motors date 1-44. I paid $1,295.00 no tax and want to know if I did good or over paid, it's in great shape and came with the oil bottle / sling / mag pouch and 2-15rd mags and a 10rd mag
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 3:56:20 PM EDT
[#1]
It sounds like you got fleeced.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 9:53:10 PM EDT
[#2]
It depends on if it's an arsenal rebuild or unmessed with, with WWII equipment.  If it's the latter, that's more in line.  If it's an arsenal rebuild, yeah, that's kind of high.  However, I thought there were certain carbines that carried more value because not a lot were made.  Or for some reason Rock Ola just carries a lot more value due to amount made and collectors wowness.  Or whatever.  I forget what the deal is NPM carbines but I don't think they made a heck of a lot of them.  

On the other hand I have standard products with an underwood barrel.  And Standard Products didn't make a lot and mine isn't really worth a lot.  But it's drilled and tapped for scope mount on the left side of receiver.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 12:11:04 AM EDT
[#3]
NPM made plenty of carbines.

Really the only manufacturer that is valuable solely because of numbers is IP.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 11:55:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Too much.  Any import marks? If so, even a worse deal.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 3:57:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
NPM made plenty of carbines.

Really the only manufacturer that is valuable solely because of numbers is IP.
View Quote
IP??????

Can we get some pics ceanes?
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 4:08:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Really depends on condition and originality. Carbine prices have risen pretty high in the past few years.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 5:32:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

IP??????

View Quote
Google
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 11:06:02 PM EDT
[#8]
My pristine, correct, '43 NPM, high wood stock, marlin barrel (muzzle -1 and chamber -1.5) has been pegged at $1,500 by Cabella's so I'd have to say that the Op paid a bit on the high side.  How much really depends upon condition, correctness, etc.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 8:43:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Google
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IP??????

Google
He means Irwin Pedersen
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 1:08:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Ah, I guess I forgot about those.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 10:49:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry for that lack in response, I'll try and post pics in the morning.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 7:48:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Sweeeet.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 6:36:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry for the delay in pics.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 11:33:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks like an arsenal rebuild.  The finish looks too new to me.  But maybe it got redone at some point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top