Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2017 3:12:12 AM EDT
I have been looking at the Sage EBR stock for my Socom16 for a little while now but can not seem to pull the trigger on the purchase. Can anyone tell me the Sage EBR is worth the $850-1300 purchase?

I realize it is a "different strokes for different folks" kind of thing. I can see where it would be beneficial if you need to mount items on the gun but I am not looking to hang a bunch of equipment off of it. I am looking to make this my "go to gun" and may add a light bit that is about it.  

I would like to hear of any experiences with this stock if anyone is willing to share.  

Thanks for any input.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 4:56:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I put a Sage on my Socom 16. It is heavy.  I am not sure I would do it again.

It is fun... but heavy.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 12:56:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the MCS is the better deal for what you get. YMMV. I have handled the sage, then the MCS and a VLTOR stock.

I have two MCS and one VLTOR and no Sage.

I think the best bang for buck is Troy.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 2:20:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd go blackfeather or whatever it's called from Canada over them all, lighter and cheaper.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 5:28:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Made my scout a 1 moa or less gun.  No joke, 3-4 moa out of the box.  Granted I shimmed the gas cylinder, got a NM piston, and dropped in a sadlak op rod spring guide, so the stock wasn't the only mod.  

It's now a heavy range gun.  I rarely shoot it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 5:51:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I had one on a Scout 18"

Made a huge difference if you are using it as a gun setup with magnified optic and bipod.

Sold the whole rig and switched to a LaRue OBR for commonality purposes.

Sage stock was nice and solid though.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 5:57:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine:

Looks awesome, but heavy as fuck, not sure it improved accuracy or precision.  For precision, I've decided to stick with my bolt guns....less frustration.

It's nice to have adjustable comb and length of pull on the stock, but the rails aren't a whole lot of use to me.

Got it for a good deal, so hard to complain.  Would I pay full retail?  Maybe.  I've spent a lot more on other chassis systems for other rifles, so yeah, I would probably do it all over again.

If I had to choose between my other rifle or build a rifle with the EBR stock because I could only afford one or the other, I'd probably pass on the EBR and save the money for glass or ammo.

Link Posted: 6/20/2017 7:10:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I appreciate the responses, in true AR15.com fashion have a few other options to think about to make the decision harder.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:33:57 PM EDT
[#8]
The Sage isn't worth it, even at $600, unless you want a USGI clone EBR. Today I'd go with the Blackfeather. Same benefits, lighter weight.
http://m14ebr.us/

For the price of a modern M14 clone with most any chassis system, you probably could've almost bought a SCAR 17.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:17:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Not worth it.

Heavy-bad cheek weld- too bulky unless modded.

Basically a poor upgrade unless you want a bech gun to mount kunk to
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 5:13:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not worth it.

Heavy-bad cheek weld- too bulky unless modded.

Basically a poor upgrade unless you want a bech gun to mount kunk to
View Quote
So that must be why the chassis system was engineered , built and fielded it in combat ?
Its a modern chassis upgrade and drop in accuracy enhancement for an old platform and makes it perform better.

No issues with cheek weld on mine and "worth it" for my rifle and application.
The M14 / M1A platform is not an inexpensive one to tweak and mod for accuracy........
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 3:47:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I had one on my SAI Loaded and really liked it, it is HEAVY as others have mentioned but it does make them shoot better. I did the normal accuracy mods (Sadlak piston, guide rod and spring, and shimming the gas cylinder) and mine definitely tightened up. It would consistently shoot about 1MOA with handloads, I even shot a 600yd Midrange F class match with it and really enjoyed it. I ended selling it because I hardly shot it in that configuration, sold the chassis and kinda went another way. Just depends on what you want to do with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top