Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2017 6:57:59 PM EDT
I didn't have to wait long for this SA  SN#3870XXX M1. I ordered on May 10th and received the SFG in a new case with all the trimmings May 25th. I'll have to get back to you guys with a range report and more pics after I take her down. Came nicely greased and oiled from what I could see.

Thank you CMP!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:04:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks great man, I got a nice one from them a couple years ago, It is a fine piece. Have fun, Dont tell Como you have it!

Edit: How much?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:21:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks great man, I got a nice one from them a couple years ago, It is a fine piece. Have fun, Dont tell Como you have it!

Edit: How much?
View Quote
Total to me shipped $830

Edit: FUAC
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 4:35:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Camera artifact or is that rust pitting/staining on the left side of the receiver midway behind the clip latch and rear sight base?

How's the heel stamp look?  Clearly the receiver has been refinished and I've seen some where they got a bit heavy handed with the blaster.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:44:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Camera artifact or is that rust pitting/staining on the left side of the receiver midway behind the clip latch and rear sight base?

How's the heel stamp look?  Clearly the receiver has been refinished and I've seen some where they got a bit heavy handed with the blaster.
View Quote
I removed the trigger housing last night to confirm the housing which is a WRA and a SA hammer that's as far as I got. Had a tough time taking the housing out and even a harder time getting it back in. The fit was extremely tight so I didn't even venture taking the receiver out. (It was 11:00pm) The receiver has been refinished and there is some pitting. Once I get the receiver out the truth will be exposed . I will post some pictures later today right now its golf time.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 8:31:24 PM EDT
[#5]
the field specials are really bargains for what you get
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:05:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Well for what its worth here's a picture of parkerize receiver. I just cant break it down right now its mad tight lock up.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:27:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice rifle OP

You pushed me over the edge, I'm going to order one monday. I need to find a gun for the 1k rounds of 30-06 I have in my ammo fort

So dumb Q. Reading over the order form, It doesn't mention requiring a FFL except for a few states..does the CMP ship to your door? I am thoroughly compuzzled, although that ain't too hard to do
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 12:08:36 AM EDT
[#8]
It depends on your state laws. Living in the unfriendly state of NY I was required to have the rifle sent to an FFL.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 6:00:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nice rifle OP

You pushed me over the edge, I'm going to order one monday. I need to find a gun for the 1k rounds of 30-06 I have in my ammo fort

So dumb Q. Reading over the order form, It doesn't mention requiring a FFL except for a few states..does the CMP ship to your door? I am thoroughly compuzzled, although that ain't too hard to do
View Quote
What kind of 30-06 is it?  If it's commercial you can't shoot it in an unmodified Garand. With an adjustable gas port you can butyoubhave to manually tune it. 
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 11:04:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I keep hoping they'll offer regular service grades again :(
I have a couple field grades but would really like one with nice finish (that hasn't been reparked)
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 2:37:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have a couple field grades but would really like one with nice finish (that hasn't been reparked)
View Quote
Yeah a lot of people are hoping that. I ordered 12 FG last year, or the year before...can't remember, and lucked out. All original finishes 90% or better, only a few with some light rust, no pitting, and clearly FG wood with SG barrels. 

Don't think I'll make that gamble again. The FGs I've seen people getting before they got cut off looked pretty rough in comparison. 
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 5:40:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It depends on your state laws. Living in the unfriendly state of NY I was required to have the rifle sent to an FFL.
View Quote
Get the hell out of that crap hole... enjoy the freedom..
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 8:11:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Get the hell out of that crap hole... enjoy the freedom..
View Quote
As soon as this summer is over the family is out of this shit hole. Have our sights set on SC but we are going to rent around the Ashville NC area for now.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 8:14:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Like this ?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 9:56:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

As soon as this summer is over the family is out of this shit hole. Have our sights set on SC but we are going to rent around the Ashville NC area for now.
View Quote
I spent 4years at UNC-Asheville. It's a really weird place. Beautiful but weird. Hendersonville is where I'd look if you want small city amenities. Weaverville if you want to be close to Asheville burn not live in city. If you don't mind being rural go West or East of the city. 
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 11:54:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks good from the pic! Yeah, I'd like to get something like that. I'd love to take a trip to one of the stores to see what I'd come across but that's quite the trip for me.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 4:01:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What kind of 30-06 is it?  If it's commercial you can't shoot it in an unmodified Garand. With an adjustable gas port you can butyoubhave to manually tune it. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice rifle OP

2 cans
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:28:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:39:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I spent 4years at UNC-Asheville. It's a really weird place. Beautiful but weird. Hendersonville is where I'd look if you want small city amenities. Weaverville if you want to be close to Asheville burn not live in city. If you don't mind being rural go West or East of the city. 
View Quote
Yeah I agree but they have some really nice places to rent for base of operation I attached one that I'll most likely make our home for now.. We are going to look from the furthest part in north in SC to the Charleston area. There are way to many liberals and New Yorkers in Ashville unfortunately.

http://aventineasheville.com/gallery
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 11:08:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Yeah that's the good commercial stuff...well short of the Hornady stuff which is a match round for the Garand of course. 

M2 was a good deal but not so much anymore. 
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 7:29:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Well broke down the stock and what a surprise with below wood pitting.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top