Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2017 8:56:44 PM EDT
Can someone point me to a guide or explain how to get my windage/elevationsettings back to 0 so i can have a true zero.  Basically so that the lowest zero setting is 0-100 and not marked 400 or that my windage drum is set correctly. Not sure if I zero first and adjust the drums with a screwdriver to reset the "turret".  Thanks in advance.  

ETA.  I did read the sticky.  Still not totally getting it and dont want to waste ammo if I screw something up
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:07:27 PM EDT
[#1]
1.  Zero your rifle at 200 yards, which is your far zero on a Garand.
2.  From your 200 yard zero, count the clicks down on the rear sight until it bottoms out.  That's your return to zero.  Write that number down and count your clicks back up.
3.  Set your drum so that 2 equals your 200 yard zero.  (There are Youtube videos that will demonstrate how.  It helps to have three hands.)

Now, in the light you just have to turn the drum to 2.  In the dark, you can run the rear sight all the way to the bottom and count your way back up.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:25:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I forget the elevation, but for windage center your rear sight and then you can move your front sight to zero it.  From there you can always go back to the center on the rear sight.  At longer ranges it may not apply: I understand as the sight rises up it can shift slightly R/L.  The real precision guys will know the "dope" (ie. if at 600 yds my rifle needs 'x' clicks R/L)

ETA:
Good info
Fulton Armory version
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 2:14:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks again guys
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top