Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2017 6:47:07 PM EDT
The wife had a box waiting on me when I got home. My first M1. A CMP field special. No pitting above the wood SA receiver December of 1944 I think. Man I can't wait to get to the range. My son thinks it is so awesome to have a WWII rifle(he's 9). I need to load some ammo since the only 06 I have is federal and winchester 150 power points. I know this model isn't desirable to most but to me it's amazing. Honestly I see another one or two down the road. I NEED an IHC one now.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:11:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice - that's a plenty desirable rifle and receiver date!  Even cooler is that your son recognizes how special it is.  Very good medicine.  

SGAmmo has some PPU Garand ammo in right now for a bit less than CMP's loose M2 ball if you want to get a head start on feeding it and some great reloadable brass to follow up on.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:51:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you. I will check the ammo out
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:22:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine just arrived as well.

April 1944.  

I took mine apart and found some pitting on the underside of the heel and on the side of the receiver legs.  I didn't see much for pitting above the woodline.  You will probably find some pitting if you take it apart.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 2:22:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The wife had a box waiting on me when I got home. My first M1. A CMP field special. No pitting above the wood SA receiver December of 1944 I think. Man I can't wait to get to the range. My son thinks it is so awesome to have a WWII rifle(he's 9). I need to load some ammo since the only 06 I have is federal and winchester 150 power points. I know this model isn't desirable to most but to me it's amazing. Honestly I see another one or two down the road. I NEED an IHC one now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Quoted:
Mine just arrived as well.

April 1944.  

I took mine apart and found some pitting on the underside of the heel and on the side of the receiver legs.  I didn't see much for pitting above the woodline.  You will probably find some pitting if you take it apart.
We do pictures around here, guys.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 3:23:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Now you need to aspire to be in the "I own more than one Garand" club...
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 4:07:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Sweet. Cmp has Greek surplus ammo for the same price as the ppu. My 44 Springfield shoots the ppu better.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 4:38:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I need to learn how to post pictures. Wish I could just do it from my phone. Traded a buddy some powder for 300 pieces of 30/06 brass. Looks like I have a use for that 8lb can of varget now. Going to be listing some stuff and getting set up to lay some ammo up. I really want another garand or 5. An IHC for sure, wouldn't mind building one in 308 with a Boyd's lamanite stock. Also NEED a carbine for sure, you know for the boy.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 5:21:18 PM EDT
[#8]
www.imgur.com is a good host site for pics.

And yeah, M-1 Carbines are good for the boys.  I like them too.  But my son has moved up to the Carbine from a 10/22 that he used to love to shoot.  

Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:13:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Congrats!
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 2:04:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Congratulations 
Some thing must be wrong with the site. Your pics didn't load 
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 9:26:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Good score. Post some pics.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 3:36:43 PM EDT
[#12]
You've got to be careful with the high potential of the dreaded 'Mil Sickness'.  That action is just timeless and every rifle produced with it is a joy to shoot.  Before you know it, you'll have a few M1 Garands, a few M1 Carbines, a few M1As (sort of M14), and even a Mini-14 or Mini-30 as well. 

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top