Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 7:55:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope they are right. Nothing posted at the CMP site.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 8:04:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I mean, I could always use another.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 8:40:03 AM EDT
[#3]
OST
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 8:51:14 AM EDT
[#4]
And if we could get the SK ones into the country too. 
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 10:12:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 2:32:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Good repatriation.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 3:18:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Where are the carbines?
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 4:13:08 PM EDT
[#8]
snip... realized this wasn't GD
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 4:13:35 PM EDT
[#9]
snip.... realize this wasnt GD
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 8:31:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Might be able to get an IHC from the cmp again. ??
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 4:43:29 AM EDT
[#11]
We need more ammo to come in, it's sad how expensive the CMP ammo is now.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 8:42:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
No doubt all those other countries we shipped surplus M1s to also received an ass-ton of '06 ball ammo to feed them   - else, how were they gonna kill off  insurgent Commies and defend their countries?    ... With empty en bloc clips and harsh language?  
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 9:18:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Whew...hadn't looked but $160 for 200 loose rounds from the floor?  Ouch...Just as well off buying new commercial...

Glad I loaded up on spam cans last year when available, not that those were particularly cheap either...
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 9:29:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
And if we could get the SK ones into the country too. 
View Quote
Those aren't US property like these are.  Many more hoops to jump through.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 9:30:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Ok, so this time around I will be buying a garand because they might have some actually affordable ones again......and I don't want a pretty one, I just want one I can shoot and hang on a wall in my office.

Quoted:

Those aren't US property like these are. Many more hoops to jump through.
View Quote
Don't care as much if I have to have it transferred through a dealer........as long as the $ is right.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:49:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Wonder what condition they'll be in.  Usually anything coming from a tropical climate isn't in good shape.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:27:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Wonder what condition they'll be in.  Usually anything coming from a tropical climate isn't in good shape.
View Quote
Many will be in rough shape....stored in an old hanger covered in rust..

with luck all of the spare parts will come with them.  There are TONS of USGI parts plus commercial made barrels there as well.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:51:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

with luck all of the spare parts will come with them.  There are TONS of USGI parts plus commercial made barrels there as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I picked up a couple of those legit Enfield jungle carbines that came in a while back from Malaysia...They functioned just fine, but man...did those rifles tell some LONG tales of their service life.  Not pretty to look at, but will function.  Those had mostly corrosive ammo, so the Garand barrels should at least fare a bit better, but again...We're going to see rifles in every condition...Expect the worst, but hope for the best.  I am not holding my breath for a bunch to come home like the unissued/practically unused Greek returns, but hey, crazier things have happened I suppose.  Still will likely roll the dice while available if the cmp pricing doesn't inflate too much (with luck, not at all) with them and I have the funds at the time.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 1:01:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Whew...hadn't looked but $160 for 200 loose rounds from the floor?  Ouch...Just as well off buying new commercial...

Glad I loaded up on spam cans last year when available, not that those were particularly cheap either...
View Quote
Thats why I pick each and every piece of my .30 military brass (and commercial for that matter).  If Heer range nazi ever says something to me I will politely, yet strongly tell him to kiss my ass.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:44:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Good to hear.
I have been trying to find a CMP club in my area and there wasn't one.
I got a group of people together and we are almost done the paperwork.

Hopefully CMP gets these in, It would be worth the trip to Anniston AL (about 5 hours from me) just to hand pick one.
It would be my first Garand, I've been wanting one for years.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:48:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
+1

These and the M1s from the Turks are the last that will be eligible for bring back and CMP sale under the current system. Not optimistic about the Turks' condition either.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:02:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
+1
These and the M1s from the Turks are the last that will be eligible for bring back and CMP sale under the current system. Not optimistic about the Turks' condition either.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1
Yeah, but as long as the receiver is still in-spec, and if most of the smaller internal parts are still serviceable, any shot-out/rusted out barrels can be replaced. Everything else you can replace with in-spec parts as long as you don't buy them at a gun show.

I'm assuming at this point in time, amid the rapidly-dwindling supply of M1s in this country, any late-to-the-game guys are just looking to get at least one "shooter-grade" Garand for the collection   -  one that's decently accurate for local club matches or maybe the JCG Match at Camp Perry.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:14:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm assuming at this point in time, amid the rapidly-dwindling supply of M1s in this country, any late-to-the-game guys are just looking to get at least one "shooter-grade" Garand for the collection   -  one that's decently accurate for local club matches or maybe the JCG Match at Camp Perry.
View Quote
Yeah I feel that is the case as well.  I'll probably stop buying Garands pretty soon, but mostly because the quality isn't what it used to be and I buy them as a form of "investments".  I think 30 is a nice round number I can live with since I only have 4 more to go.  Will probably only get those from the CMP if they offer IHC or Winchester in field grade or higher if I'm being honest.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top