Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2017 9:35:59 PM EDT
Does anyone know where they obtain the stocks from and were you pleased with them. Were they hard to fit and had any trouble areas?Its hard to google because if you type garand in you get all sorts of junk links. Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 4:34:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried their website?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:16:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Probably same as DuPage Trading Company or CMP stocks. Price looks the same at both DuPage and Ammogarand.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 12:16:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered one, seemed like a good price with all new metal. The invoice came with a direct number to them, when I called he actually recollected packaging and sending my order himself, which was encouraging. He told me they are made by Boyds, their pattern but slimmed down. He also noted that occasionally one will be ID'd as Boyd's on the inside but that they shouldn't.

Mine gets here "Monday by end of day"- UPS. I'll share some photos then...
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 12:42:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I ordered one, seemed like a good price with all new metal. The invoice came with a direct number to them, when I called he actually recollected packaging and sending my order himself, which was encouraging. He told me they are made by Boyds, their pattern but slimmed down. He also noted that occasionally one will be ID'd as Boyd's on the inside but that they shouldn't.

Mine gets here "Monday by end of day"- UPS. I'll share some photos then...
View Quote
Yeah, I really like Ammogarand. I've got quite a bit of parts and stuff there, always been good and shipped out fast.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 3:26:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, I really like Ammogarand. I've got quite a bit of parts and stuff there, always been good and shipped out fast.
View Quote
Knows his stuff and is willing to help.  His hobby turned into a business as he says he has at least 2 Springfield M1 Garands produced during each month of their entire production!!  He's a great guy to deal with, even when you're a relative newbie like I was when I called him some 6 years ago.  Walked me through understanding my HRA and explaining what I had. 

I was able to buy a few parts to convert it from an excellent example of a CMP Service Grade into a CMP Correct Grade with the swap of just a few parts.  He told me that the CMP sometimes gets too many Correct Grade M1s in so they swap out a bolt, op rod and gas plug to another producer's and then sell them as Service Grades to keep the Correct Grade price stable. 

That's what I had except my bolt was a correct HRA bolt so I got a new old stock correct HRA op rod and gas plug and now I'm set. As my bearing on the end of my Springfield op rod was minimum OD to spec, getting a new, unused old stock, correct HRA also improved performance.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 3:58:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Just arrived today...more to come..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top