Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2017 8:36:55 AM EDT
I recently picked up a Norinco M14-S and would like to install a scope on it. Has anyone mounted a scope on theirs and what mount did you use?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:43:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Sadlak. Buy once, cry once.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:32:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sadlak. Buy once, cry once.
View Quote
Thanks.
I think this is the way I'm going to go. I am far from tier one, but I still want a bullet proof mount. You are right about buy once, cry once. One thing I have found in life is you get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:42:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a Norinco M14s with a Sadlak and a super sniper 10x scope.  I had to use a stock pack to get a good cheek weld. I ultimately added an Archangel stock which worked out great but ruined what I loved about the rifle.  In the end I wish I would have kept it stock with a wood stock and iron sights.  I have other more accurate hi power semi autos that are easier and less expensive to scope.  Just my thoughts from being in your shoes.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:36:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought the Norinco because this silly State has banned American made M-14 clones but AR-10's and Chinese made M-14's are ok. Anyway, I needed it to fill a hole in my collection without spending $40k(lol) for a real one. 
I might leave it sans scope for now until I see how it shoots.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 3:37:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I know the designer of the CASM scope mount.

This is the mount that folks in Canada use.  I've heard nothing but good things.

M14 - M1A CASM Scope Mount Installation: Step by Step
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:47:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Bassett mounts.  I have one, and they are nice.  Also, much cheaper than most of the others.  They claim the ability to return to within 1/2" of zero( at 100 yds) when taken off and reinstalled properly.  They also use only one screw for mounting, meaning one doesn't have to remove the charger clip guide.  It makes things much easier.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 11:07:06 PM EDT
[#8]
ARMS #18
I like the fact that it uses the receiver's clip guide dovetail as a third point of contact. It's extremely solid, lightweight, and with a QD optic removed acts very much like it isn't even there. The QD scope on mine always returns to its exact zero, but ARMS guarantees within 1 MOA. Unlike Springfield owners, you don't have to worry about fitting issues with an out-of-spec receiver. Norinco got it right. 
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:03:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bassett mounts.  I have one, and they are nice.  Also, much cheaper than most of the others.  They claim the ability to return to within 1/2" of zero( at 100 yds) when taken off and reinstalled properly.  They also use only one screw for mounting, meaning one doesn't have to remove the charger clip guide.  It makes things much easier.
View Quote
I have had a Basset mount on my Springfield for about 6 years without any issue. I haven't removed the mount since I put it on with the supplied wrench.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 11:39:51 PM EDT
[#10]
+1 for the CASM, as long as you don't mind disassembling your rear sight. It also gave me about an extra 25 MOA of available elevation if you need it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 1:35:44 AM EDT
[#11]
My poly wears an MCS. A bit more over the top than what you want. It's a sold mount for a scope though.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 12:03:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I had one on mine for a few years, forget what brand, it was solid enough, but as others have posted, it's hard to get a good cheek weld with a factory stock.

My rifle was a solid 2 moa rifle with irons, and it was a solid 2 moa with a scope.

Didn't really make the rifle any better , I liked it more as a battle rifle with iron sights.

So now the scope mount sits in a drawer some where and I giggle when I ring the 300 yard gong with irons.

I'm much happier shooting it that way. It is what it is, a 2moa battle rifle.

I have many scoped precision rifles,  my Norinco is not one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top