Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2017 12:32:50 PM EDT
I know it's not an M1 or M14 - kind of belongs in the family though.  I couldn't hold out anymore.  Purchased one the other day along with bayonet, sling and 10 extra mags  Should have pics later this week I hope.  Any of you guys have one yet?  How do you like it?

They seem to have pretty good reviews.  I'd much rather have a Springfield Armory BM59 but they are hard to find and cost much more.  I figure my cast M1A receiver hasn't given me any problems, so I could live with the JRA cast receiver.  It will serve until/unless I can ever get a Springfield Armory BM59.  

Earl
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 5:34:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont have one but, I have looked at JRA Bm59's and they are nice. I think they are made from Garands with Bm59 parts kits. It would be nice to add one to the collection.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 5:46:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I got one when they released it 2 weeks ago.
The overall quality of the rifle is superb.
There are some minor casting marks on the receiver, but it doesn't bother me.
The parts kits used seems to have been reparkerized and the metal parts are in great shape, with only minor finish ear on the bunny ears of the front sight.

I tried German MEN 7.62, Hirtenberger 7.62, and PPU 7.62, all functioned great.
With the German MEN 7.62, I was getting ~3.25MOA 10rd groups at 100 yards iron sight, with one group being close to 2.5MOA.
The Hirt and PPU seems to be fairly inaccurate in this gun, doing 3-4MOA.
Keep in mind, I shoot at an indoor range equipped with a really shitty table.

In short, I highly recommend it to anyone interested.
The price seems to be right for these guns, and mags can be found for about $25-30 from Sarco
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 6:00:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got one when they released it 2 weeks ago.
The overall quality of the rifle is superb.
There are some minor casting marks on the receiver, but it doesn't bother me.
The parts kits used seems to have been reparkerized and the metal parts are in great shape, with only minor finish ear on the bunny ears of the front sight.

I tried German MEN 7.62, Hirtenberger 7.62, and PPU 7.62, all functioned great.
With the German MEN 7.62, I was getting ~3.25MOA 10rd groups at 100 yards iron sight, with one group being close to 2.5MOA.
The Hirt and PPU seems to be fairly inaccurate in this gun, doing 3-4MOA.
Keep in mind, I shoot at an indoor range equipped with a really shitty table.

In short, I highly recommend it to anyone interested.
The price seems to be right for these guns, and mags can be found for about $25-30 from Sarco
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:30:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks kiddsf!  Mine should be here on Friday.  Hopefully my goodies (mags and bayo) arrive by then too.  Classic was out of bayos by the time I placed my order but fortunately I found a seller on ebay with them for the same price.

Earl
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 7:56:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I know it's not an M1 or M14 - kind of belongs in the family though.  I couldn't hold out anymore.  Purchased one the other day along with bayonet, sling and 10 extra mags  Should have pics later this week I hope.  Any of you guys have one yet?  How do you like it?

They seem to have pretty good reviews.  I'd much rather have a Springfield Armory BM59 but they are hard to find and cost much more.  I figure my cast M1A receiver hasn't given me any problems, so I could live with the JRA cast receiver.  It will serve until/unless I can ever get a Springfield Armory BM59.
View Quote

Just FYI, but I'm pretty sure Shuff's makes BM59s also. Just another option.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 5:28:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a parts kit and receiver that will go to Shuff's in good time.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:43:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Got her in today, now just need to get her out to shoot - hopefully this weekend.  I'm happy with it so far.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top