Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2017 12:22:36 AM EDT
Avoiding the cast or forged arguements, I would like to ask for as much feedback on opinions that folks have when it comes to which way they would go and the reason. Even if it is the cast/forged thing. Just don't want to only hear that arguement. I need to try and get an all around breakdown for making a decision.

So far:
$$ FA just at $600.00, GWOLA $900 + new from them, cheaper maybe if you can find one being sold which I have at $885.00 shipped. That was negotiated down a litlle.
I've heard about cutting and angles and such but have no knowledge with that area. Actually that is pretty much the extent of what I may have been able to pick up with limited info that I was able to find.

So anything else or even your 2 cents with what I have mentioned to bring more to light maybe, or not,... it will at least give me a clue as to who thinks or feels what on the subjects' above. It will give me some insight on how most people boil it down to make an educated decision.

A quick email sent to :rokkandy at hotmail dot com: would be appreciated.

Thanks...
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:24:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Bula Defense.  

Price is good, high quality control, and they are making almost all of the parts now to build the entire rifle.  They have had great communication and customer service from my experience.  

I really don't think you can go wrong with any of the current offerings.  Fulton makes a good product, GW of LA has had some good reviews, LRB has the well deserved reputation.  Seems like all of them are making receivers that are in spec with good quality control.  

The issue between forged and cast receivers is really a non issue.  I have a Springfield receiver that is on it's 6th barrel and still going strong.  Depending how much shooting and type of shooting the parts matter more than the receiver.  USGI parts or equivalent hold up to frequent rapid fire strings better than the commercial offerings.  If you plan on using it for the fun at the range or hunting then the current Springfield rifles would also be fine.  If you plan on shooting high power with frequent rapid fires the USGI or equivalent parts would be the better option.  

I am having another match rifle built on a rear lug Bula receiver with USGI parts.  I would not hesitate to use Bula parts as they are equivalent to USGI in strength and quality.  For me, Bula was the best bang for the buck.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 6:49:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I just purchased a gwola receiver so ill let you know in a few months how it builds out...still on the hunt for a few select usgi parts.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 7:13:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Bula.  I have one and it is outstanding.   GWOLA is no more, so that could be an issue in the rare instance you need something.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top