Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2017 9:07:23 PM EDT
Ok I have a couple questions

I just filled out my Garand collectors form and will mail it out Monday. I have the other requirements covered my questions are

1. What do I need to do to keep my info current for 3 years? I read on a Google search that you can get a form notarized and you don't have to send your info in every time

2. Has anyone done the master armorers course? Is it worth the coin?

Thank you. Saving my pennies so I can get my first garand
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 10:28:34 PM EDT
[#1]
You don't have to submit all of the info every year. You just need to update and changes/renewals to your c&r and submit your gun club membership renewal when it lapses.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:43:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Ok I have a couple questions

I just filled out my Garand collectors form and will mail it out Monday. I have the other requirements covered my questions are

1. What do I need to do to keep my info current for 3 years? I read on a Google search that you can get a form notarized and you don't have to send your info in every time

2. Has anyone done the master armorers course? Is it worth the coin?

Thank you. Saving my pennies so I can get my first garand
View Quote

You have to get one of the forms notarized no matter what.  Your information will stay valid for three years automatically.  You are not required to submit all of your information each time.  I took the third course they ever offered and enjoyed it.  It was quite a bit cheaper at that time too.  The course is VERY hard to get into and very limited on space, unless things have changed very recently.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:51:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I took the three day course last week.  It was fantastic, got a bit up to speed about my father's generation battle rifle and got to build a great firing Garand, got to zero it.  In hindsight, every Garand lover must take this course.  Course was $800 or $850 plus the cost of a CMP Special ($1142 with tax, we all had to pay tax, shipping the rifle or not.)  The custom shop teaches the class, the five gunsmiths there are 1st rate.
Extra fun was shooing the CMP Talladega Marksmanship Range.  All electronic, shoot out to 600 yards with instant bench or prone side monitor target display. No walking/golf carting to retrieve targets.  Sure beats my spotting scope trying to view thru the mirage here in Florida.  RSOs taught me quite a bit, as they are more experienced with precision rifle competition and Garand marksmanship than I. (Me, just a 20 year army combat vet who shot and ran ranges, but never had to worry about sub MOA shooting or competition marksmanship.) I stayed and extra day just to shoot the CMP range.
In all a 1st class experience. Go there in radio listening silence mode, except to ask questions, everyone will learn quite a bit.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:19:31 AM EDT
[#4]
The AMC class is definitely worth the time and money. I would go again if they'd let me.
I keep having to re-fax my GCA membership to CMP, but otherwise, no problems.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:17:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys. Just got my GCA membership in the mail. One step closer. I have always wanted a garand and I just like wood and steel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top