Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2017 7:01:09 PM EDT
What do you think? Yea or nay?
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell no, there will always be garands around
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:08:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Is hang onto the K31 if it were me.  I love those Swiss straight pulls.  

But then I've had my Garand longer than my Swiss rifles too.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:24:04 PM EDT
[#3]
The trend is definitely to hold on to the girls...I only have two left.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:25:42 PM EDT
[#4]
How many K31's? I just auctioned off a half dozen of my K31's several months ago using a local auction company. I kept two for my self.

Depending on how many you have I would keep a couple and sell the rest, then get your Garand. The CMP is running out of Garands. Unless we get a change in the executive orders that are blocking any more of the remaining Garands overseas from being brought back the supply will dry up and the prices will rise quickly. Now is the time to get a Garand if you can.

Keep the GP11 though. There is not a better round out there to shoot in the K31.

ETA:

Okay, I just saw you have two left. If you absolutely have to part with any to get the Garand, just sell one. Keep whichever one shoots best along with the GP11.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:36:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Just took one of my three out today for the first time. I say Nay. Too very different rifles, both deserving of your safe's square footage. Save up and buy the M1 Garand when you can.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:38:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How many K31's? I just auctioned off a half dozen of my K31's several months ago using a local auction company. I kept two for my self.

Depending on how many you have I would keep a couple and sell the rest, then get your Garand. The CMP is running out of Garands. Unless we get a change in the executive orders that are blocking any more of the remaining Garands overseas from being brought back the supply will dry up and the prices will rise quickly. Now is the time to get a Garand if you can.

Keep the GP11 though. There is not a better round out there to shoot in the K31.

ETA:

Okay, I just saw you have two left. If you absolutely have to part with any to get the Garand, just sell one. Keep whichever one shoots best along with the GP11.
View Quote

Rifles, non-matching bayonets, a bunch of original spare mags and many of the original chargers.

Tough decision...
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:39:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know anything about those two rifles you have, but I love me some Garands
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:04:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I have bought and sold many Garands but I would never sell my K31 or my Swiss K1911.  If you have ever shot a Swiss you would agree it is a work of precision.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 10:20:42 PM EDT
[#9]
The Garand is my favorite rifle to shoot period. I own many nice rifles, but god damn is the Garand fun. That said... no way I'd sell a K31 to fund a Garand. I'd much rather keep saving until I had enough for a Garand because my K31 is a HELL of a rifle as well!
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 11:09:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I would never sell my K31s.

Never.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:07:05 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm not going to sell them...
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 10:02:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm not going to sell them...
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/12/2017 10:11:15 AM EDT
[#13]
People yell "get both" willy nilly around here, but it's really appropriate in this case.  Sell a kidney if you have to sell something.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 11:54:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hell no, there will always be garands around
View Quote

Don't be so sure,  ... unless you're referring to those shot-out wall hangers with out-of-spec/junk parts, sometimes called "Gun Show Specials."

Assuming the OP can trade into a decent mix-master M1 that's a good shooter, I'd say jump on it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 12:29:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
People yell "get both" willy nilly around here, but it's really appropriate in this case.  Sell a kidney if you have to sell something.
View Quote
Yeah I agree. I love my M1s and own almost enough to outfit a platoon. But k31's IMHO are probably the nicest and most accurate manually operated military small arm of their era. I came into the C&R game late.  If I had come in earlier I would have a dozen of em instead of 2x K31, K11, 1911, and 96/11 rifles. 

Eta: I might have 4 now that I think about it. Can't really remember. Honestly don't know how many guns I own at this point. I open boxes and find "new" ones still... almost 10years now since I closed my gunshop 
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 2:37:08 PM EDT
[#16]
For those who may be interested, Midway USA has GP11 in stock for $0.62/Round...
CLICK HERE
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 7:52:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 8:43:34 PM EDT
[#18]
If it's for a CMP Garand and that's the only way you can afford to buy one, I would definitely say yes, do it.  They won't be around long and you'll get a good one.  If it's for a private sale I'd say no.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top