Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:07:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Lots of good info here, I bought my Norinco new in 93, it has been accurate and reliable with zero issues ever since.

In my view, based on a lot of reading, there WAS, at one point, A BATCH of polytechs that had a bolt hardness issue, which spawned the internet myth that all bolts have to be replaced. As stated, this fix is only needed if you have one of the defective guns. I f you don't have headspace issues, don't worry about it. Using commercial headspace gauges has caused a lot of anxiety.

I have shot my rifle a lot, never had any degradation of accuracy due to the bolt, or the stock.

My reading has led me to the conclusion that it is better for the rifle to shoot the specified ammo, lots of commercial .308 is loaded hotter, and while it is "safe" to shoot, it does hammer the piston and op rod, and is not as accurate for me.

That said, I shot piles of commercial ammo through mine in my younger, ignorant days, and it didn't hurt it that I can tell.

I only shoot handloads in mine now, using Glen Zedikers Reloading for the Match M14 Data.
It's a good read and he explains why the m14 is sensitive to port pressure and pressure curves.

Great Rifles, you got a great deal.

Wouldn't trade mine for anything.

100 yard 10 shot group, 168 Hornady Match over 41 grains 4895

Attachment Attached File

300 yards with 168 Hornady Match over 41 grains of 4895, light breeze, irons

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 12:55:45 PM EDT
[#2]
The information you get here about Chinese M14's is so conflicting, it does you almost no good to even ask about them. You won't know who or what to believe.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:53:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The information you get here about Chinese M14's is so conflicting, it does you almost no good to even ask about them. You won't know who or what to believe.
View Quote
Remember... EVERYTHING MADE IN CHINA IS INFERRIOR IN EVERY WAY.

Yeah... no.

They a good. Just go shoot it and see what happens. My Poly was my first semi 308. I still like it a lot.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top