Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2017 11:55:30 AM EDT
I am contemplating looking for a Danish Garand due to history. Any one here have one?
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 12:07:06 PM EDT
[#1]
The Danes took good care of their rifles and were good about replacing the barrels. VAR barrels were used as replacements and they are terrific.

I have never heard anything bad about them but I would suggest picking up a copy of Canfield's book.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 4:28:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am contemplating looking for a Danish Garand due to history. Any one here have one?
View Quote
For the most part mixmasters...

Nothing special unless it's got a VAR barrel that's mint and nice tight stock.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 7:00:27 PM EDT
[#3]
They used them for a long while and made many parts for them.  I got one with a  Danish Beech stock that had a new VAR barrel and refinish and got one with a Danish stock and the finish on the gun looked like it could have been carried across Europe during WWII(spending 24 hours a day in the weather).  My rebarreled and refinished one could be the WWII gun and the worn finish one with WWII barrel could have done a bunch of guard duty in the 60's and 70's.

I think they were loaned out in the 60's so no way to tell where one might have served in WWII.  Condition should control the value.  The Danish stocks were ugly but I've heard beech is a strong wood.

They were a solid shooter at the Service Grade from CMP.   You might find someone to sell one lower than current Service Grade prices since they were cheaper 10-15 years ago.

There were a bunch of Greek rifles that saw little use and I got a couple of them.  These should go up more in value.

I really prefer USGI rifles that were never loaned out.  You can make better guesses about their history.  At least you can about the rebuilds that look unused since rebuild.

As issued WWII guns are super rare.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top