Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2017 7:06:04 PM EDT
Buddy gave it to me several years ago minus bolt. I ordered a Bula bolt and a chrome lined military profile barrel. Dropped off yesterday for some gentleman to install barrel and bolt and then parkerize the rifle. Bolt and barrel=$380 approximately. Work being done $400. After the work I can post photos.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 11:12:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics of the crack ?
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 7:50:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks you're bringing a nice rifle back to life.  Criterion barrel?  Any idea how the original chamber cracked? I've never heard of that on a Polytech before.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:09:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks you're bringing a nice rifle back to life.  Criterion barrel?  Any idea how the original chamber cracked? I've never heard of that on a Polytech before.
View Quote

That's a new one for me. Never heard of a cracked M14S barrel.

Hope it goes well and your smith knows what he's doing.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 7:25:44 PM EDT
[#4]
At least you'll be able to use a USGI (or USGI "spec") gas cylinder lock and flash suppressor castle nut with the non-Chinese barrel.

Should make a fine rifle.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 7:44:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Line/crack visible on bottom of barrel when removed from stock. Not 100% sure it's a crack but it runs parallel with chambe about 1.5" so I will assume it is cracked. Guy doing the work is Tim Strait of Warbirds and he seems to know what he is doing based on reviews and meeting him in person.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 8:31:52 PM EDT
[#6]
If it's the warbirds I'm thinking of, he's got a good rep.

Please remember to post photo's when it's back in your hands.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:47:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Line/crack visible on bottom of barrel when removed from stock. Not 100% sure it's a crack but it runs parallel with chambe about 1.5" so I will assume it is cracked. Guy doing the work is Tim Strait of Warbirds and he seems to know what he is doing based on reviews and meeting him in person.
View Quote

He worked on my Poly and I am very happy with the results.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:50:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Warbirds did mine. He's good people so you can ret easy. Money well spent
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 8:39:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Tim said chamber isn't cracked. The line on the bottom of the barrel doesn't extend into chamber. Looks like some sort of timing mark or machining mark that wasn't removed. New barrel is installed and now he is refinishing the metal.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 8:56:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Tim said chamber isn't cracked. The line on the bottom of the barrel doesn't extend into chamber. Looks like some sort of timing mark or machining mark that wasn't removed. New barrel is installed and now he is refinishing the metal.
View Quote
Good to hear the chamber wasn't cracked. You will love your rifle when you get it back. Tim does a nice job with the refinish, it's s nice black finish.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:21:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Got my email that rifle is ready to pick up.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Pics!
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 5:16:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Picked up my rifle today. Looks nice. Anybody here want to post a couple photos for me?  I put a Fred's surplus big red stock on it that I bought in 2009.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:11:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Attachment Attached File
Posted for bradleyswine
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top