Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2017 3:10:32 PM EDT
When are service grades expected to be available again through the CMP? And will they retain the previous price ($730)? Thanks for any info
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 3:28:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
When are service grades expected to be available again through the CMP? And will they retain the previous price ($730)? Thanks for any info
View Quote

Whenever they have filled all backorders and feel they have enough ready to list them again.  They will be listed at the price they deem necessary at the time they put them back up for sale.  Not trying to be an ass, but nobody has any clue.  They are still trying to fill the orders from September and they are doing so very slowly.  What this means is up to interpretation at this time.  They will likely raise prices in the near future as supply dwindles and demand seems to increase.  The quality is not what it was just a few years ago either.  I have an order pending that was sent on 9/28/16 and I doubt it gets shipped for at least another month or two at the earliest.  I have been a customer for years and this is about the roughest the selection has been.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:12:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a Service Grade Springfield from CMP back in 2003 (when they were $550 - wish I had bought another!).  As the time, you could just include a note asking for a World War II era rifle and they would do their best to fill the request.  I ended up with a May 1943 rifle.  I've been out of the CMP loop for years, but the last time a check the site a few years ago, I seem to recall that they had a note up stating that they were sold out of World War II production serial numbers.  I'm getting the impression from reading a few threads hear that the availability situation changes pretty often.  Are they still opening old batches of Garands periodically and making them available for sale?  Is it just that the supply is more sporadic these days?  I love my Springfield, but I might consider a second one if WW II-era rifles still show up from time to time.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:33:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought a Service Grade Springfield from CMP back in 2003 (when they were $550 - wish I had bought another!).  As the time, you could just include a note asking for a World War II era rifle and they would do their best to fill the request.  I ended up with a May 1943 rifle.  I've been out of the CMP loop for years, but the last time a check the site a few years ago, I seem to recall that they had a note up stating that they were sold out of World War II production serial numbers.  I'm getting the impression from reading a few threads hear that the availability situation changes pretty often.  Are they still opening old batches of Garands periodically and making them available for sale?  Is it just that the supply is more sporadic these days?  I love my Springfield, but I might consider a second one if WW II-era rifles still show up from time to time.
View Quote

They have never been out of WWII era rifles.  Those are the most common to get honestly.  They used to rotate taking SA and HRA off of mail order and finally just did away with the two options and lumped them together.  There has not been an option to specifically pick a guaranteed SN range and ther likely won't be.  You can still sticky for something, but the CMP has stated they don't put a lot of effort into fulfilling the request.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top