Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2016 11:12:52 AM EDT
I've had my M1A for about 6 months now but haven't had too much time to get her to the range.  When I do I have had nothing but issues with its sights.

First experience I had was mounting Vortex's Scout scope on the forward rail.  I ended up running out of adjustment on the scope and it was still shooting ~8" high at 25 meters.  Contacted Vortex and they said they have seen issues with this rifle and their scopes.  Not sure how much truth is behind that.  I ended up sending it back for a refund.

Next up was the iron sights.  I ended up bottoming out the rear sight aperture and still couldn't get the rounds on target at 25m.  

In both instances I had others shoot the rifle with the same results.  Is my only option at this point to send it to S/A? I've had the Ultimak rail mentioned to me as well as a higher front sight post being available for iron sights.  Being such a high dollar rifle you would think it would be on target out of the box and I wouldn't have to throw more money at this thing.  Very frustrating to have such an expensive rifle that cant hit a target at 25m.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 4:09:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, something is not right.  It should be 6-8 clicks up, I think it is.  To zero at 100.  Sounds like your front sight is too small.  But that doesn't explain the scope being too high.  That almost makes it seem like the barrel isn't on there true.  I would contact springfield.  They will fix it.  I've always heard good reports about them fixing problems.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:52:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Contact SA about this issue. I know it's very frustrating to have happen to such an expensive firearm but it does happen. I'm sure with their great CS they will take care of you. Follow up with us after you find out what's going on ??
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:19:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I will get back to this topic once I have time to contact S/A and send it in.  Leaving for deployment next week so it will be a bit.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 1:29:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Stay safe!!!  Thank you for serving!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top