Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/24/2016 2:35:54 PM EDT
I wonder how long before OOS again.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 2:43:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:34:02 PM EDT
[#2]
If I wasn't broke I'd order another one.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:42:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Wife will not be too happy if I FO...but...one more...
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:56:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Mailed my order in for another one today, might as well get another before the election madness and the cmp supplies seem to be dwindling alittle.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:35:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice.  No price jump either.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:49:30 AM EDT
[#6]
do you have to be registered to see them?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:40:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Here is the Garand page:
http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-garand/

And what you need to do to buy one:

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/eligibility-requirements/
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:37:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm glad they're holding the price.   I'm not ordering one but it's tempting.  I have enough for a mechanized infantry squad but not a leg infantry squad.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:53:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:56:23 AM EDT
[#10]
they said all along they hadn't ran out, they were just trying to catch up with orders so they pulled them...
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:48:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

they said all along they hadn't ran out, they were just trying to catch up with orders so they pulled them...
View Quote

Yup.  It's happened several times over the years....but people like to go chicken little with it every time.

And if we want to get into splitting hairs the supply has been dwindling since the 1950's.  

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:55:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:14:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yup.  It's happened several times over the years....but people like to go chicken little with it every time.

And if we want to get into splitting hairs the supply has been dwindling since the 1950's.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually,  what happened in March, was the first time I remember them shutting down all orders for Garands.  

A few years ago,  I remember thinking,  Oh, there will always be carbines or 1903's available in the stores.  Now besides the sniper versions,  they don't really even have any Garands in the stores.  

I think the end is nearer then you realize, unless some other country decides to give back what they have.

I think those with the "I'll order one someday" mentality are going to wish they had ordered one today.  

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:46:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Need to get my order in...
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:43:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Actually,  what happened in March, was the first time I remember them shutting down all orders for Garands.  

A few years ago,  I remember thinking,  Oh, there will always be carbines or 1903's available in the stores.  Now besides the sniper versions,  they don't really even have any Garands in the stores.  

I think the end is nearer then you realize, unless some other country decides to give back what they have.

I think those with the "I'll order one someday" mentality are going to wish they had ordered one today.  

View Quote

I can recall two other times aside from this one.  The one lasted 3 or 4 months, the other lasted about a year.  Both times were in response to "we need to catch up on orders."  I don't doubt this will motivate people to "shit or get off the pot" and order one.

I also don't doubt the end is near, but after hearing it said over and over repeatedly for the last 8 years you get pretty sick of "the end is NIGH!" rhetoric.  If you say it's gonna rain long enough, it'll eventually rain and a broken clock is right at least twice a day.  I've seen the same story repeated, and come to fruition eventually, with all sorts of surplus guns and ammo over the last decade.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:50:23 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Nothing "chicken little" about it.  

They have not been available to order for some time.  If I don't order one now, they very well may not be available the next time I decide I want another one.  I'm a long-time member and supporter, I don't sell my CMP rifles, and they will eventually run out of them (like they have with other models/grades over the years).  As you say, the supply is dwindling over time.  Absent a new influx from somewhere, the trickle and windows to order will likely become fewer and further between.

More a case of good sense than "panic" IMHO.  At least in my case.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing "chicken little" about it.  

They have not been available to order for some time.  If I don't order one now, they very well may not be available the next time I decide I want another one.  I'm a long-time member and supporter, I don't sell my CMP rifles, and they will eventually run out of them (like they have with other models/grades over the years).  As you say, the supply is dwindling over time.  Absent a new influx from somewhere, the trickle and windows to order will likely become fewer and further between.

More a case of good sense than "panic" IMHO.  At least in my case.

Never said you were.  I've been stacking up my collection for the eventual and inevitable end as well and will continue to do so for as long as I can.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:57:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I can recall two other times aside from this one.  The one lasted 3 or 4 months, the other lasted about a year.  Both times were in response to "we need to catch up on orders."  I don't doubt this will motivate people to "shit or get off the pot" and order one.

I also don't doubt the end is near, but after hearing it said over and over repeatedly for the last 8 years you get pretty sick of "the end is NIGH!" rhetoric.  If you say it's gonna rain long enough, it'll eventually rain and a broken clock is right at least twice a day.  I've seen the same story repeated, and come to fruition eventually, with all sorts of surplus guns and ammo over the last decade.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can recall times where one or two grades or manufacturers were "sold out", but there were still others you could choose from.  This is the only time I remember where all grades and makers were unavailable.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:09:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I can recall times where one or two grades or manufacturers were "sold out", but there were still others you could choose from.  This is the only time I remember where all grades and makers were unavailable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have been buying from the CMP since 2005 or so.  This is the way I remember it as well.  There have been holds or sold out periods on certain grades or versions, but not a complete stop to all orders.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:00:40 PM EDT
[#19]

That's all I have to say about that.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 4:50:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Eh, suppose I could have waited a month
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:33:28 PM EDT
[#21]
I just sold three Garands a couple months ago. I kept the Winchester that I put together on a CMP stripped receiver and I still have a couple receivers and parts kits. It will be more fun to put together my own than buy them.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:47:08 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I have been buying from the CMP since 2005 or so.  This is the way I remember it as well.  There have been holds or sold out periods on certain grades or versions, but not a complete stop to all orders.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can recall one or two times since 2005 where they may not have marked it as "sold out" but rather as "not accepting orders at this time".  Semantically this is the exact same thing.  This was all back before Orest retired.  My memory wants to say it was sometime in 2011 that they "stopped receiving" orders for a period of about 3 months.

As for this instance, I have no 100% solid proof of it but perhaps their moving the S. Store did play partially into the reasoning for them being "sold out" and not accepting orders.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:08:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I can recall one or two times since 2005 where they may not have marked it as "sold out" but rather as "not accepting orders at this time".  Semantically this is the exact same thing.  This was all back before Orest retired.  My memory wants to say it was sometime in 2011 that they "stopped receiving" orders for a period of about 3 months.

As for this instance, I have no 100% solid proof of it but perhaps their moving the S. Store did play partially into the reasoning for them being "sold out" and not accepting orders.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As I stated.  This is the first time I have seen them put a nearly complete stop to sales of Garands.  It doesn't matter if you call it sold out or not accepting orders.  So the semantics may be on your part, not mine.  I know they stopped selling field grades for a long while.  Then they started selling them again, then they went to luck of the draw in both field and service grade.  Prior to that, they have taken turns being sold out individually as manufacturer or grade choice.  But not all at once, to include the specials.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:32:58 PM EDT
[#24]
In for 2. Try try again at an HRA.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:40:49 AM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is the Garand page:
http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-garand/

And what you need to do to buy one:

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/eligibility-requirements/

Thank you
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 1:59:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Placed an order for two. It'll be my first Garand. I'm a little nervous about getting a decent one...so I bought two to be sure.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 4:43:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Placed an order for two. It'll be my first Garand. I'm a little nervous about getting a decent one...so I bought two to be sure.
View Quote

You'll get a good one...then a better one.

Of the service grade I've received I'm never really disappointed. There's just always something I'm after and it either fits the bill...or doesn't.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 11:09:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Sent my order in. Got there on the 29th. Usually take about a week before they process it? It's my first CMP order and I'm just nervousness about did I send everything in properly.

First time orders take longer?
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 11:14:36 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Sent my order in. Got there on the 29th. Usually take about a week before they process it? It's my first CMP order and I'm just nervousness about did I send everything in properly.

View Quote

Sometimes longer...it all just depends on how inundated they get.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 11:28:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

I talked to one of the guys at CMP, they said you fucked your order up and they're going to send you a broomstick and a bag of dogshit. Maybe next time.

Don't worry man, everything will turn out fine. If there's an issue they'll send you an email. Do you have an account on the e-store? If so you can track the progress of your order there. Check out the CMP forum for the current order timeline. They're moving pretty quickly this time around, sometimes it takes months before you hear a peep out of them.

estore.thecmp.org

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=28081&page=1077
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 12:04:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I talked to one of the guys at CMP, they said you fucked your order up and they're going to send you a broomstick and a bag of dogshit. Maybe next time.

Don't worry man, everything will turn out fine. If there's an issue they'll send you an email. Do you have an account on the e-store? If so you can track the progress of your order there. Check out the CMP forum for the current order timeline. They're moving pretty quickly this time around, sometimes it takes months before you hear a peep out of them.

estore.thecmp.org

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

estore.thecmp.org

Haha, yup, been tracking that thread. Don't have an account on the e-store yet. Very first anything with the CMP.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 12:16:49 AM EDT
[#32]
I keep asking if I need one of these. I want, but unsure if it's a need
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 1:39:42 AM EDT
[#33]
hey guys
on the certification form there is a spot for what looks like a notary
does this form need to be notarized in advance
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 2:08:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
hey guys
View Quote

Really, really?

I take it you downloaded the order form.  The download includes 6 pages, the last two being very clear instructions.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2016 2:09:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
hey guys
View Quote

Yes. form must be notarized unless they have one on file within the last 3 years for you. Double read the checklist at the end of the order form.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 2:26:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yes. form must be notarized unless they have one on file within the last 3 years for you. Double read the checklist at the end of the order form.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
hey guys

crap i didnt print the last 2 pages.....ok thanks guys
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 11:41:17 AM EDT
[#37]
I gonna order two more SGs for the pile.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 3:09:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I gonna order two more SGs for the pile.
View Quote

jelly
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 11:22:18 AM EDT
[#39]
I wish they'd offer field grades again. The last couple field grades I got have been better than the service grade I got. Maybe not as good shooters but nicer m1's imo because of the gi wood and original finish.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 1:31:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I keep asking if I need one of these. I want, but unsure if it's a need
View Quote

You won't regret buying one.
And if you do somehow, you could easily recoup your money.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 1:08:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Sent out paperwork for my first one from the CMP.  

Had two others but sold them both.  Money was just too good at the time.  Gonna keep this one
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 8:47:55 PM EDT
[#42]
I occasionally check their site and a few weeks ago there was nothing so I'm glad I saw this thread.
Got my paperwork out first thing Tuesday and then called and spoke to a woman who said they were still working on the hundreds of orders alone from last Monday when they put them up. I don't think that's too bad to be only a week behind with a holiday in the mix.

I had called because I thought it might be best to let someone know I was sending ... ? she said I would not miss out so that made me a little at ease.

Have to start doing some reading now as this will be my first .

As others have said , I hope it's a decent one - sounds like it will be though.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 2:12:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I wish they'd offer field grades again. The last couple field grades I got have been better than the service grade I got. Maybe not as good shooters but nicer m1's imo because of the gi wood and original finish.
View Quote

My last field grade was better than a lot of service grades. ME and TE of 1 and 2 respectively on a brand new barrel with all original GI wood and a lot of WWII parts still on the 1942 receiver.

I actually plan on stopping by the South store the first week of October to pick up another M1...hopefully.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 2:39:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 4:18:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Same here, with the exception of the stock set.  Great shooter, though.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
... My last field grade was better than a lot of service grades...

Same here, with the exception of the stock set.  Great shooter, though.

Same. My "worst" field grade out of 12 had a barrel with a ME/TW of 3/3.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 2:39:19 AM EDT
[#46]
It's tempting to order one more...but I've already got a rack full of them and there is really only one Garand I am interested in obtaining at this point and thats a LEAD rebuild.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 9:26:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It's tempting to order one more...but I've already got a rack full of them and there is really only one Garand I am interested in obtaining at this point and thats a LEAD rebuild.
View Quote

Seems to be quite a few of them going out. I received a Lead receiver last time from my order right before the cut but no LEAD stock and a LEAD IHC prior that I sold. I'm holding out for an HRA which also seem to be going out. We'll know next week! Order hit the estore and cc pending.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 4:40:18 PM EDT
[#48]
got this one back on the 1st, 5.7 mil HRA

looks like RA - P or RA P

grip stamp

HRA 11-55 barrel, tag barrel reading said 1ME/2+TE

Link Posted: 9/11/2016 5:30:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Seems to be quite a few of them going out. I received a Lead receiver last time from my order right before the cut but no LEAD stock and a LEAD IHC prior that I sold. I'm holding out for an HRA which also seem to be going out. We'll know next week! Order hit the estore and cc pending.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

they've always been going out but it's hit or miss..

I've bought 3 or 4 garlands via mail order the past couple of years, and got some nice rifles, but no LEAD rebuilds, while at the same time others were..

I did pick up a nice RRAD rebuild at the NS some years back..

At this point maybe I should just be happy with that and call it a day.  Thought about a private purchase, but people are asking insane amounts of money for them anymore.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 11:07:28 AM EDT
[#50]
FWIW, I couldn't have asked for 2 better rifles. Correct barrel/receiver combos on both, H&R with LMR barrel. 2-44 Springfield and a 11-55 HRA. Both in USGI wood, circle P and DOD stamp later SA/HRA stocks. 1/2 readings on the SA, 1+/2+ on the HRA. Super time to order!  Going to have to cross reference the SA's parts numbers.  It may be pretty intact but no time to research now.

Seriously, amongst the best of my Service grade orders.  Thought I'd be harvesting one of these if any correct parts to my others and really just put in the order for 2 to double my odds at the H&R...but total score on both!  

Now...do I need another to get a sub-1mil serial SA???  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top