Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2016 11:41:10 PM EDT
Does anyone know if the new Springfield FDE composite stocks (and handguards) are available for individual purchase?

I really like the stock but don't want to buy a whole rifle just to get one.

Anyone have a set they are willing to sell or trade for?
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if the new Springfield FDE composite stocks (and handguards) are available for individual purchase?

View Quote

The new stocks are twisty plastic junk. Find a USGI fiberglass and paint to your desired color.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 7:39:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The new stocks are twisty plastic junk. Find a USGI fiberglass and paint to your desired color.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FPNI.

USGI Fiberglass Stock, Sadlak lower rail, Ultimak M8 Rail, SEI GBFS-18, SEI QD Vortex. Sadlak magazine catch, Sadlak NM guide rod. Not shown is the Fulton Armory Brookfield scope mount and the Leupold VX3 scope (too cheap for a Mk4)
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 12:26:22 AM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

I would like to hear more as I recently purchased an M1A Scout.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 3:19:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The flexibility of the new plastic stocks can cause accuracy issues due to changing points of contact. The US government spent multi-millions of tax dollars to develop the USGI fiberglass stock as a stable replacement for wood stocks. Take advantage of that.

Seriously though, they spent like three-four million to develop the USGI fiberglass stock with either American or US Tire in the early 1960's..cray-cray huh?
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 11:25:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Good info thanks.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 3:46:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Came in to say this.

SA polymer stocks bend when you grip them. No Bueno
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 12:17:20 PM EDT
[#7]
FWIW, Springfield USED to use old USGI synthetic stocks and put like a bedliner finish over them. I have one.  That's completely different than the NEW made Springy Stocks.  And probably better quality.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top