User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/13/2016 2:57:11 PM EDT
Looks like they are all gone.  "Just some snipers left."
Friday the 13th and all.  
Linky:  http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-garand/

I sent my first M-1 Garand order in April 5th.  I may not get one now.  

Link Posted: 5/13/2016 3:05:33 PM EDT
[#1]
They could be playing catch up.
They could be cleaning out old inventory before bringing in new.
This could be it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 3:08:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Peak WWII battle rifle?
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 3:08:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They could be playing catch up.
They could be cleaning out old inventory before bringing in new.
This could be it.
View Quote

Not sure.  Could be any of them but shit.  I was close.  Maybe I'll still get mine.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 8:42:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm hoping I get mine, got my dbu for my first garand Tuesday.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 8:56:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeh this thread came first in armory by about two minutes but the GD thread got more hits so far so mods can lock this one up.  We don't need two bad news CMP Garand threads going at the same time.  

Other thread:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1867892_CMP_SOLD_OUT_of_Garands_.html&page=1
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 11:58:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I'm hoping I get mine, got my dbu for my first garand Tuesday.
View Quote

You will. They tag stuff as sold out if they don't have enough inventory to satisfy both mail orders and store purchases. They also will do it when they have an extremely long back log of orders/work.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 11:21:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Likely playing catch up, but still makes me wish I had fired off that extra order I was going to place.  I was trying to spread them out over the year.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 4:31:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Friday the 13th and all.  

View Quote

I'm in the same boat. I sent my very first order in on April 5th, they received it on April 11th. I have not received a DBU either. I'm hoping I get one still but if not, guess I'll just green light an SCR build.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 4:38:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm in the same boat. I sent my very first order in on April 5th, they received it on April 11th. I have not received a DBU either. I'm hoping I get one still but if not, guess I'll just green light an SCR build.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Friday the 13th and all.  

They said on their FB page that they would honor any order they have in house.  The question I have is does "In house" mean only an order they have DBUed or does it mean an order actually in the pile of orders they already have received some of which they have not gotten to yet?  If it's the latter we'll be OK.  

Link Posted: 5/14/2016 5:58:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They said on their FB page that they would honor any order they have in house.  The question I have is does "In house" mean only an order they have DBUed or does it mean an order actually in the pile of orders they already have received some of which they have not gotten to yet?  If it's the latter we'll be OK.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Friday the 13th and all.  

Wondering this as well. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 6:55:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Over on CMP forums they were saying that if you got your order to them before the "sold out" posting you should be GTG.  You may have a wait but we knew that already.  We may be in the backlogged category but they are working on them so I would expect the DBU's to keep coming for a while at least.  Keep watching CMP forums and posting when new DBU's come out.  For the last month or so the Specials seemed to be the fastest turn around.  Followed by the Service grades and then the field grades, which seemed to take the longest to fill.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 8:24:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Friday the 13th and all.  

Also from their FB page:

"M1
Garand Update for those asking: Our back order list is getting too
long. It’s time we stop taking orders until we catch up. There are more
Garands on the shelves but we don’t know the exact condition until we
start the inspection process."

Link Posted: 5/15/2016 3:15:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Also from their FB page:

"M1 Garand Update for those asking: Our back order list is getting too long. It’s time we stop taking orders until we catch up. There are more Garands on the shelves but we don’t know the exact condition until we start the inspection process."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Friday the 13th and all.  

Also from their FB page:

"M1 Garand Update for those asking: Our back order list is getting too long. It’s time we stop taking orders until we catch up. There are more Garands on the shelves but we don’t know the exact condition until we start the inspection process."

I figured that is what it was.  I doubt they are OUT out.  I'd say we are getting near the end of the line though.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 8:35:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Also from their FB page:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Friday the 13th and all.  

Also from their FB page:

This is good news. It also puts it into perspective on the long wait times.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 2:13:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Figures. I sent in all my paperwork on Thursday the 12th for a Special Grade. It WAS to be my first CMP Garand. So will I be but on a waiting list and be informed when they have them again? Or do they outright cancel the order and I'll have to reapply when they show as having them again?
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 4:16:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Figures. I sent in all my paperwork on Thursday the 12th for a Special Grade. It WAS to be my first CMP Garand. So will I be but on a waiting list and be informed when they have them again? Or do they outright cancel the order and I'll have to reapply when they show as having them again?
View Quote

You are fine, you will have a wait but your order will be accepted
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 9:04:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Hopefully the Order banks open soon. I will have to keep my eye on the site.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 9:10:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote

Once they clear their backlog they will.  Sign up for email updates as they usually announce it that way.  If nothing else check on the 1st and 15th of the month.  I have no scientific reason for this guess, but my guess is in 3-6 months they'll be taking orders again.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 9:21:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Once they clear their backlog they will.  Sign up for email updates as they usually announce it that way.  If nothing else check on the 1st and 15th of the month.  I have no scientific reason for this guess, but my guess is in 3-6 months they'll be taking orders again.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are supposedly 6 months out from filling the current orders.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 9:23:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Friday the 13th and all.  

View Quote

Again?
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 10:11:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"supposedly" being the key word there.  I've seen them clear a back log a lot faster when they're not continuing to process more orders in the past.  There's not that many armorers down there going through these guns.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 10:27:15 PM EDT
[#22]
I'll be interested to hear when they start sending out DBU's for orders received the last week of March and early April for service and field grades.  I have not heard much about them this week.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 6:40:46 AM EDT
[#23]
I have this hope buried deep inside that since they're not being drowned in a flood, we may actually see some of the cool shit we see pictured from volunteers/armorer classes.

I'd probably have a mild stroke if I got a Winnie.  I know they haven't sold them in a while, but they've been pictured in crates there.  Don't tell me they go to auction
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 10:36:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have this hope buried deep inside that since they're not being drowned in a flood, we may actually see some of the cool shit we see pictured from volunteers/armorer classes.

I'd probably have a mild stroke if I got a Winnie.  I know they haven't sold them in a while, but they've been pictured in crates there.  Don't tell me they go to auction
View Quote

sorry friend, but they either go to auction or get stockpiled for a special release. They don't get sprinkled in with the normal orders.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 3:43:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

You won't get a Winchester.  They and IHCs are priced differently in all grades. Usually $100-200more

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 3:45:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'll be interested to hear when they start sending out DBU's for orders received the last week of March and early April for service and field grades.  I have not heard much about them this week.
View Quote

Some people have posted DBU updates for end of Mar and the beginning of April. Should be thick into them this next week.

Link Posted: 5/20/2016 9:24:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You won't get a Winchester.  They and IHCs are priced differently in all grades. Usually $100-200more

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me dream
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:29:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Just to advise, they are not out of M1 Rifles, yet. But once they open back up for orders, get them in. Head honcho has said unless they get a surprise shipment, 2017 will be the end except for dribbles returned from VFW, schools, AL, or the Army. Estimate is mid 2017 to late depending on orders. You can always bid on one on the auction site if you have an account. But don't be surprised it you see some go for big bucks. A collector grade went for nearly $10k recently. Even HRAs are showing up now on the site.

On occasion you will get lucky. Twins that are one number apart.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:35:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Just to advise, they are not out of M1 Rifles, yet. But once they open back up for orders, get them in. Head honcho has said unless they get a surprise shipment, 2017 will be the end except for dribbles returned from VFW, schools, AL, or the Army. Estimate is mid 2017 to late depending on orders. You can always bid on one on the auction site if you have an account. But don't be surprised it you see some go for big bucks. A collector grade went for nearly $10k recently. Even HRAs are showing up now on the site.

On occasion you will get lucky. Twins that are one number apart.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e8/gravelydon/DSCF1283_zpsnysumoxp.jpg
View Quote

Nice.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 8:56:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Sounds like they are starting to send out DBU's for service grade orders received in April.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 3:04:26 PM EDT
[#31]

I have "several" Garands and for quite a while have been considering a .308 special just for something different, this latest development lit the fuse.  

I sent my paperwork in on Friday, it was received Monday morning, processed Tuesday and a pending charge was placed on my card and I received a shipping notification on Wednesday morning (today).  So at least the system still works.  Very efficiently.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 10:39:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Sounds like they are starting to send out DBU's for service grade orders received in April.
View Quote

Goody.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 1:17:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I have "several" Garands and for quite a while have been considering a .308 special just for something different, this latest development lit the fuse.  

I sent my paperwork in on Friday, it was received Monday morning, processed Tuesday and a pending charge was placed on my card and I received a shipping notification on Wednesday morning (today).  So at least the system still works.  Very efficiently.
View Quote

My stuff's going out in today's mail. Hope I get as fast of a turn around as you did!
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 1:53:58 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

My stuff's going out in today's mail. Hope I get as fast of a turn around as you did!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It showed up this morning. Seriously.

Link Posted: 5/26/2016 3:29:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Goody.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Goody.

Looks like over on CMP forums there is at least one April order with a DBU.  Getting closer.  I wish I had not used snail mail/ USPO with no tracking though.  My M1 Garand collector's aplication never got there when I sent it USPO so I am paranoid now.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 7:23:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Looks like over on CMP forums there is at least one April order with a DBU.  Getting closer.  I wish I had not used snail mail/ USPO with no tracking though.  My M1 Garand collector's aplication never got there when I sent it USPO so I am paranoid now.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Goody.

That guys post is confusing as shit. He says he sent it either on 4/5 or 5/13. If he sent it on 4/5 and got his DBU that means I should be getting a DBU soon. If he sent it on 5/13 and has received a DBU I'm going to be pissed because I sent my order in on 4/5 and it was received on 4/11 according to the tracking.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 8:05:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That guys post is confusing as shit. He says he sent it either on 4/5 or 5/13. If he sent it on 4/5 and got his DBU that means I should be getting a DBU soon. If he sent it on 5/13 and has received a DBU I'm going to be pissed because I sent my order in on 4/5 and it was received on 4/11 according to the tracking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Goody.

Yup, it is confusing.  BTW.  How did you get set up on cmp forums and allowed to post?  I joined a bout a month ago and they still won't let me post there.  Maybe they have seen my BS over here and said fuck that.  

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:29:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yup, it is confusing.  BTW.  How did you get set up on cmp forums and allowed to post?  I joined a bout a month ago and they still won't let me post there.  Maybe they have seen my BS over here and said fuck that.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Goody.

I ended up emailing them and asking why I wasn't able to post. A day later I got a reply saying I could post. There's a thread somewhere on there that says if you joined and still can't post to email them.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 5:29:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Order for service grade Garand  mailed via USPO with not tracking 4/5/16
Order received 4/11/16
DBU received 5/28/16
Not on e-store yet but for some reason they don't have me on the Garand Collector's list even though I have the receipt and the card they send out.

Waiting for tallest to see if he got his yet.  

Edit:  with date received by CMP.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 7:32:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Order received ??  probably around 4/10/16
DBU received 5/28/16
Not on e-store yet but for some reason they don't have me on the Garand Collector's list even though I have the receipt and the card they send out.

View Quote

Nope. I'm starting to think I won't be getting one. Oh well...
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 7:59:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Order received ??  probably around 4/10/16
DBU received 5/28/16

You'll get it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 11:34:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Goody.

you think it's confusing?  i'm more confused than when i posted it!

i started sending orders on 4/5, my last was sent on 5/13

i got a DBU for the 5/13 order for sure on 5/20, received by them 5/16. it's now in the estore.

i got another DBU on 5/26 that i assumed was for the 4/5 order, received by them 4/15. has not hit the estore.

but then i got to thinking and i believe i sent out another order exactly one week later on 4/12, that makes more sense for why received by them on 4/15

so, to recap, i got a DBU for my last order first, haven't received one for my first order but have for my second order.  in other words, they're all over the place
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 6:05:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

you think it's confusing?  i'm more confused than when i posted it!

i started sending orders on 4/5, my last was sent on 5/13

i got a DBU for the 5/13 order for sure on 5/20, received by them 5/16. it's now in the estore.

i got another DBU on 5/26 that i assumed was for the 4/5 order, received by them 4/15. has not hit the estore.

but then i got to thinking and i believe i sent out another order exactly one week later on 4/12, that makes more sense for why received by them on 4/15

so, to recap, i got a DBU for my last order first, haven't received one for my first order but have for my second order.  in other words, they're all over the place
View Quote

I'm still amazed you got a DBU. I sent my order in on April 5th and they received it on April 11th. YOU STOLE MY GARAND!!!
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 1:11:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Since we're tracking in this thread too....

Order:  Field & Service
Sent: 4/6
Received: 4/8
DBU: 4/22
EStore: 4/22
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 1:47:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Since we're tracking in this thread too....

Order:  Field & Service
Sent: 4/6
Received: 4/8
DBU: 4/22
EStore: 4/22
View Quote

I just sent an email to them to see if maybe I screwed my order up or something.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 9:00:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Order received 4/11/16
DBU received 5/28/16

View Quote

They updated my GCA membership on my estore account and sent an email saying I can now order on the estore....  No posting of my actual mailed in order that prompted the questions in the first place.  I'll give them a day or so before I call them.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 6:56:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

They updated my GCA membership on my estore account and sent an email saying I can now order on the estore....  No posting of my actual mailed in order that prompted the questions in the first place.  I'll give them a day or so before I call them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Order received 4/11/16
DBU received 5/28/16

I just joined GCA a few days ago so I probably won't hear anything back on that for a few more days or so. But like I said, I was already a member of ANJRPC which satisfied their requirements anyway and I already had access to the eStore and was told I could order from there and rifles. Still haven't heard anything back from the email I sent them yesterday about the order I sent in on April 5th/11th. At this point, especially considering that a whole slew of people who sent in orders either after me or the same day as me and have gotten DBU's and some have even received their SG rifles I'm going to just say fuck it and forget I even sent an order in. I'll just go and build another AR; I have two lowers collecting dust in the bottom of the safe anyway or finally order that SCR lower I've been eyeing for a while.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 7:58:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I just joined GCA a few days ago so I probably won't hear anything back on that for a few more days or so. But like I said, I was already a member of ANJRPC which satisfied their requirements anyway and I already had access to the eStore and was told I could order from there and rifles. Still haven't heard anything back from the email I sent them yesterday about the order I sent in on April 5th/11th. At this point, especially considering that a whole slew of people who sent in orders either after me or the same day as me and have gotten DBU's and some have even received their SG rifles I'm going to just say fuck it and forget I even sent an order in. I'll just go and build another AR; I have two lowers collecting dust in the bottom of the safe anyway or finally order that SCR lower I've been eyeing for a while.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Order received 4/11/16
DBU received 5/28/16

I think we are seeing why they decided to close the taking of new orders for a while.  That's all.  They just need to get caught up.  You'll get yours.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I think we are seeing why they decided to close the taking of new orders for a while.  That's all.  They just need to get caught up.  You'll get yours.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Order received 4/11/16
DBU received 5/28/16

The seeming lack of straight line time stamps from buyer to buyer has some factors;

division of work load,  you might have been stuck in a pile that went to the processor that also does other work and they get through their pile more slowly.  April was too long ago for that though, that would likely be a week difference tops I would think.  Other likely reason is there is something wrong with your paperwork, something missing (missed by them or not understood, which I've had happen).  You might check your spam folder to see if they sent you an email.  Perhaps what they have on record for your affiliated club is an old list.   I went though this with my NYSRPA affiliation.  They said my membership was more than a year old........my response; it's a life membership and I ain't dead yet.

A call is warranted or an email.  They should get back to you in 1-4 days last I had dealings with them and I was dealing with them during some hot times; IHC and Winchester sales a couple of times, then the carbine times.  They get buried when the special offerings hit.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 8:36:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The seeming lack of straight line time stamps from buyer to buyer has some factors;

division of work load,  you might have been stuck in a pile that went to the processor that also does other work and they get through their pile more slowly.  April was too long ago for that though, that would likely be a week difference tops I would think.  Other likely reason is there is something wrong with your paperwork, something missing (missed by them or not understood, which I've had happen).  You might check your spam folder to see if they sent you an email.  Perhaps what they have on record for your affiliated club is an old list.   I went though this with my NYSRPA affiliation.  They said my membership was more than a year old........my response; it's a life membership and I ain't dead yet.

A call is warranted or an email.  They should get back to you in 1-4 days last I had dealings with them and I was dealing with them during some hot times; IHC and Winchester sales a couple of times, then the carbine times.  They get buried when the special offerings hit.

Good luck.
View Quote

Paperwork is in order. My membership did lapse but I renewed it and sent them my new card and they added it to my account. I sent them an email a few days ago and got a response this morning.

Sir,

We apologize for the delay but we have not made it to your order date yet. You will receive an email once the order is entered into the system.

Thank you,
CMP
Customer Service
View Quote

Seems more, canned response than an actual response.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top