Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2016 4:48:22 AM EDT
Looking to buy a bunch of M1A mags... Dont know much about them. Which mags are good, what ones should I avoid, and who has decent deals on them?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 5:00:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looking to buy a bunch of M1A mags... Dont know much about them. Which mags are good, what ones should I avoid, and who has decent deals on them?
View Quote

Checkmates. They manufacture the OEM. Most everything else is junk or GI fakes. GI mags are good, but it can be difficult to figure out what's real and what's not.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:01:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:09:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought a few taiwan mags. They are nice but supposedly the feed lips crack with hard use... Checkmate is the way to go for good reputation.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:29:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Stay away from any that have the dimple for the mag catch.  Better quality ones at least have the tack welded mag catch.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 1:38:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Checkmates. They manufacture the OEM. Most everything else is junk or GI fakes. GI mags are good, but it can be difficult to figure out what's real and what's not.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

These, they are the current USGI manufacturer. Occasionally they go on sale for 5 or more mags.
I have some old KMT (Kileen Machine Tool) marked GI mags that are the schnizzel but they were a score at $20 a piece, they're $40 and up when I can find em now.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:02:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I agree - the CMI are good mags.

About 6 months ago I bought some 25 round mags from CDNN with no markings other than a star on them, and they fit and function flawlessly too - I wonder who sold them to CDNN.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 10:49:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe look at some M14 mags as well.

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 2:07:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I agree - the CMI are good mags.

About 6 months ago I bought some 25 round mags from CDNN with no markings other than a star on them, and they fit and function flawlessly too - I wonder who sold them to CDNN.
View Quote

I believe John Masen supplied the star and W marked mags for awhile.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 9:55:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is the simple answer.

I'll muddy the water a bit and say that Chinese Mags are functionally as good as USGI. They aren't easy to identify though.

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 8:09:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Checkmate mags from 44mag.com

Done.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 4:49:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I came here to ask the same question. Too bad 44mag is out of the 25 round mags! Is $28.95 the normal price?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 5:59:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Buy them from Springfield Armory or Armalite if they are in stock.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 7:49:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Checkmate is the best current option. Taiwan and Chinese ones work  as do real USGI ones ,. Anything else run away from .
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:36:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Which Armalite mags fit the M1A?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:44:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At one time, they sold M14 mags.

The M14 mag served as the base for the AR10B series mags during the ban.

I can't find any right now.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 10:03:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too bad the B series mags don't fit!
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 10:07:52 PM EDT
[#17]
They sure did. They were modifying M14 mags to fit the AR-10. During the AWB, ATF did not consider this to be manufacturing a new magazine, as long as it functioned in the original model. After the ban sunset, they contracted CMI to make new mags which only worked in the AR-10.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why pay almost 2x more than you need to?

44mag sells the same mags at a much lower cost.

Different's M14 magazine identification book will help with M14 magazine identification.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 6:23:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top