Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:39:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Just took mine out to the range. Put 20 rounds through it. Shoots good, a little to the right, center. I noticed the front sight is all the way to the left and the read sight is 3-4 clicks to the left as well. I didn't zero it prior to heading out and didn't zero it while I was there. It ejects to the front. It's kind of cool seeing the brass flying in front of you as your shooting.

Overall I'm really happy with it. Next time I take it out I'll bring more ammo and zero it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 2:40:11 PM EDT
[#2]
my service showed up today and was almost as boring as its serial #, absolutely nothing exciting except a cut WRA op rod

field shipped today with an equally boring 5 million serial
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:13:45 PM EDT
[#3]
my field shipped as well, 277xxxx serial Springfield. Looks like April 44.

nice HRA with likely original LMR barrel and a 44 springfield, I think I did well with this round of the CMP lottery. Hopefully I can spin the wheel one more time at the end of this year before they run out.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:50:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I got my three SG's today. An H&R and two six digit SA's. All have GI wood with two DoD stamps. I'll get a better break down and maybe some pics up tonight or tomorrow. Also, one had 1+/1+ and the other two had 2/2 wear readings.

ETA: The stock w/o the DoD stamp has a lightly stamped SA open box stamp and and RIA over EB stamp. Also, one of the SA's rifles appears to be a LEAD due to overall color and the receiver is marker LEAD 9/64, but the stock does not have the triangle.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:49:06 PM EDT
[#5]
sonofa...

anybody wanna buy a 5 million?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:41:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I got the three service grades and will post picks when I get a chance
One was built in 45 and had a 45 barrel it also had a lock bar sight and several stamps on the stock.

Tomorrow I will receive two field grades and one of them is 305xx. The other is 2700xxx
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 1:35:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

sonofa...

anybody wanna buy a 5 million?
View Quote

Where in the 5 millions....
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:41:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Received the 2 SG's I sent off days before they stopped taking orders. Haven't had a chance to fully inspect them, but will try to update as I get a chance.

1 - SA SN 3.7mil GI wood +1/+2 wear, barrel 11/53

2 - SA SN 336XXX, new replacement CMP wood +1/+2 wear, barrel 3/43

So far very happy with these, hopefully more good news as I get to look at them further

Link Posted: 8/4/2016 2:22:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Took the war horse to the range this weekend.

Group to the right was my first group.  Group to the left was after I adjusted the sights.  50yds.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 1:10:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Order date 5/18

My October 41 should be here by Monday!
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 5:34:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like they are all out of the typical inexpensive Garands now. Cheapest rifles now are at $935. Any idea if they will get in anymore?
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 7:54:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Looks like they are all out of the typical inexpensive Garands now. Cheapest rifles now are at $935. Any idea if they will get in anymore?
View Quote
Nope
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 8:05:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I recently started a thread in gd whether I should buy an m1 in decent shape locally for $890. Half said to wait till the cmp got more in. Im glad I didn't.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 12:09:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I recently started a thread in gd whether I should buy an m1 in decent shape locally for $890. Half said to wait till the cmp got more in. Im glad I didn't.
View Quote

Bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

CMP may sell more but they will not be as cheap or as nice going forward.
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top