Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 5:03:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Just got my DBU for my March 23rd order of a service grade Garand.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 10:00:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe they'll finally get around to opening mine this week .  Probably arrived around the same time as yours, albeit for field grades
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 8:03:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good news OP.  
Mine must be getting close then!  Probably next week for DBU.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 7:55:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Good news OP.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good news OP.  

Just got mine today for an order I dropped in the mail (just put a stamp on it, so no tracking) the morning of the 19th.  So it arrived somewhere between the 22nd-25th.  Probably will hit the E-store in 24-72 hours with an order number....then sit and wait for 6-8 weeks before getting SN's listed, the case added, CC hit, and shipping notification

I'm assuming that this is for my Garand order and not my carbine order I mailed in....but I won't know till it posts to the e-store.  Either way, I'm still a winner and getting something
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 3:24:16 PM EDT
[#5]
They are shipping ammo and accessories in one day!

Better get your spam cans, while you can!

Once they are gone, they are gone...
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 6:02:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Still nothing on mine. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't get fulfilled. Like I said earlier a guy on the CMP forums mailed his order in on April 25th and it was received on April 28th and he got a DBU. I sent mine in on April 5th they received it on April 11th and it's been quiet.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 7:13:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Still nothing on mine. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't get fulfilled. Like I said earlier a guy on the CMP forums mailed his order in on April 25th and it was received on April 28th and he got a DBU. I sent mine in on April 5th they received it on April 11th and it's been quiet.
View Quote

Nothing on mine and I was about a week behind you
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 8:34:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I sent mine in the same day as you.  How many times a day are you checking CMP forums to see what date they are up to for DBU's?  
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 8:52:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I sent mine in the same day as you.  How many times a day are you checking CMP forums to see what date they are up to for DBU's?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Multiple times a day. They are all over the place now. I joined the forums but still can't post for some reason. Probably because some mod belongs here and is like, 'Nah, this Tallest guy is kind of an idiot. Can't have him posting over here.'
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 8:59:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Multiple times a day. They are all over the place now. I joined the forums but still can't post for some reason. Probably because some mod belongs here and is like, 'Nah, this Tallest guy is kind of an idiot. Can't have him posting over here.'
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

^^  That makes two of us.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 12:03:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Received my John Deere letter for my carbine order.  No shit I'm not getting one at this point, CMP.  Thanks for the newsflash.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 9:38:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Received my John Deere letter for my carbine order.  No shit I'm not getting one at this point, CMP.  Thanks for the newsflash.  
View Quote

Damn!  They are giving out tractors to guys who didn't get a carbine?  Talk about a participation award.  I knew I should have ordered one.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 2:30:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh Crap!   Now they are gone.  I hope I'm not screwed but I have not got my DBU yet so I probably am.  

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-garand/
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 2:37:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Oh Crap!   Now they are gone.  I hope I'm not screwed but I have not got my DBU yet so I probably am.  

View Quote

Ho Lee Fuk

As a new timer for CMP, how often do they sell out?  Or is this really the end of days for being able to freely send them an order for a Garand?

Link Posted: 5/13/2016 2:41:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Fucking Friday the thirteenth.  That figures.  I was about a week away from a DBU.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

if they've already got your order you'll be fine

if you dropped a new order in the mail today you're probably still fine.  i hope, anyway, i dropped an order for a field grade in the mail about 4 hours ago
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 2:46:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Fucking Friday the thirteenth.  That figures.  I was about a week away from a DBU.
View Quote

I wonder if that's why DBU's/e-stores are all over the place.

Me and a few others from April already hit e-store.  Maybe us first timers got moved up?
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 2:48:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Me and a few others from April already hit e-store.  Maybe us first timers got moved up?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sent mine in for a service grade April 5th....

Edit:  Tallest sent his in that day too.  He's going to be pissed also.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 3:04:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They got mine April 8th.  Estore 4/22
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 3:17:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was it service or special?  Specials were going out much faster i think.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 4:27:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Service and field.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 4:43:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

OH FUCK!!! When I placed my order in the beginning of April they were still in stock. Hopefully I still get one.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 5:37:31 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm pissed because I sent in my Garand collectors membership application in to them in January.  (I had to get that first.)  I never heard a word from them for over a month and a half so I called them to see what was going on.  They said they never got it.  Thanks USPS.  I then sent it in on line and got the emial back quickly with my membership.  Then I sent in my order to CMP.  If the mail had been delivered properly I would already have one.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#24]
First order one service and one carbine

Mailed 2-2
Received 2-4
DBU 3-17   no carbine Garand will be sent when they get around to it.
E store order date 3-22
ship date TBD

SECOND ORDER  to spend carbine money plus some
mailed 4-8
received signed receipt 4-13

Nothing else

It looks like others have passed me up.  Do you think it is because I voted for Cruz or do they know I am a member of the arf

Edit dates wrong on second order
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 10:09:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Multiple grades went sold out on the same day? - They probably shut things down before they actually run out so they don't have too many orders without rifles.  Im not sure I'm making sense, what I mean is:  they probably didn't really run out of both at the same moment... So, they just said - we're close, we should stop so we don't really screw up.  Honestly I'm just hoping thats the case since I sent a field grade order in and the envelope just arrive 5/9.

Link Posted: 5/14/2016 10:52:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Over at the CMP forum some one posted about CMP saying they need to fill the backlog of orders before they take any more.  Apparently they have a large backlog.  They have more Grands but they have been too busy to open the boxes and inspect/ sort them.  Sounds like a pause in new orders so they can get caught up and then assess what they have for future sales.  If you sent in an order and it got there before the "sold out date" you should be fine.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 11:12:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Over at the CMP forum some one posted about CMP saying they need to fill the backlog of orders before they take any more.  Apparently they have a large backlog.  They have more Grands but they have been too busy to open the boxes and inspect/ sort them.  Sounds like a pause in new orders so they can get caught up and then assess what they have for future sales.  If you sent in an order and it got there before the "sold out date" you should be fine.
View Quote

Excellent.  Although they haven't done anything with it, I know mine was there 5/9.

Good enough news, I'll start the clock.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 8:37:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Excellent.  Although they haven't done anything with it, I know mine was there 5/9.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought the clock started after your DBU?
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 4:02:38 PM EDT
[#29]

Mailed 2-2
Received 2-4
DBU 3-17 no carbine Garand will be sent when they get around to it.
E store order date 3-22
ship date TBD Order filled and credit card charged today 5-16 shipping in 7-14 days

SECOND ORDER to spend carbine money plus some
mailed 4-8

Nothing else

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:18:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Service grade garand
mailed out March 23rd.
Dbu 5/10/2016
Estore 5/17/2016
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 11:44:06 AM EDT
[#31]

Mailed 2-2
Received 2-4
DBU 3-17 no carbine Garand will be sent when they get around to it.
E store order date 3-22
ship date TBD Order filled and credit card charged today 5-16 shipping in 7-14 days Ships today will be here tomorrow 3591xxx.

SECOND ORDER to spend carbine money plus some
mailed 4-8

Nothing else

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 1:57:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Someone just posted on the CMP forums that they sent an order in on 4/27 it was received on the 29th and he got his DBU on 5/4 and received his rifle on 5/6.

WHAT?!?!!?

I sent mine in on 4/5 it was received on 4/11 and I've heard nothing. Has mine been lost?
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:03:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Someone just posted on the CMP forums that they sent an order in on 4/27 it was received on the 29th and he got his DBU on 5/4 and received his rifle on 5/6.

WHAT?!?!!?

I sent mine in on 4/5 it was received on 4/11 and I've heard nothing. Has mine been lost?
View Quote

Special
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 3:08:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Paperwork arrived 5/9/16
DBU today 5/18/16

Online account doesn't show any pending orders yet though.

I ordered a field and some ammo.  Some suggested to me that it is possible that because I also had an ammo order that it speeds up DBU but doesn't get anything here any quicker.

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

WHAT?!?!!?

View Quote

specials are flying out as they're still available to just throw in boxes

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 4:26:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

WHAT?!?!!?

View Quote

I think they open the mail as soon as they get it.  They sort the orders and put them in separate piles.  Ammo order pretty much gets a DBU right away.  Special grades get DBU's almost as fast.  Service grade I think are taking about 6-7 weeks at this point for the DBU.  Field grades take even longer.  We should both get our DBU's  next week I'm guessing.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 6:46:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Special
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WHAT?!?!!?

Special

Yeah,  didn't notice that when I read his post. Just saw the date and was like, WTF?

Sometimes, I'm an idiot.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 3:47:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yeah,  didn't notice that when I read his post. Just saw the date and was like, WTF?

Sometimes, I'm an idiot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WHAT?!?!!?

Special

Sometimes, I'm an idiot.

You will probably get an email end of next week to middle of the week after. Just my best guess based on what people are posting in the timeline thread.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 7:21:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You will probably get an email end of next week to middle of the week after. Just my best guess based on what people are posting in the timeline thread.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WHAT?!?!!?

Special

Sometimes, I'm an idiot.

That would be cool.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 7:34:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That would be cool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WHAT?!?!!?

Special

Sometimes, I'm an idiot.

That would be cool.

You will probably get yours a day or two before I get mine.  We mailed them on the same day but I'm guessing the mail took a little longer to get there from Maine than it did from NJ.  

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 12:24:32 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

You will probably get yours a day or two before I get mine.  We mailed them on the same day but I'm guessing the mail took a little longer to get there from Maine than it did from NJ.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That would be cool.

I'm guessing you both used USPS snail mail.  If so who the hell knows.  Sometimes they take 2 days, sometimes they take 2 months, and sometimes they lose it and it never arrives.  One thing I have learned is NEVER trust USPS tracking info.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 7:41:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm guessing you both used USPS snail mail.  If so who the hell knows.  Sometimes they take 2 days, sometimes they take 2 months, and sometimes they lose it and it never arrives.  One thing I have learned is NEVER trust USPS tracking info.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be cool.

I sent mine in on April 5th and the CMP received it on April 11th. I emailed the CMP to verify they received it and they said they had but haven't gotten around to processing my order yet.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 7:56:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I sent mine in on April 5th and the CMP received it on April 11th. I emailed the CMP to verify they received it and they said they had but haven't gotten around to processing my order yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be cool.

I sent my second order return receipt usps and it took 5 days sent on April 8 and they signed for it April 13.  Have not heard a thing.  like a kid at Christmas time waiting
Now fed ex brought the first Garand in less than 24 hours.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 9:00:18 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I sent my second order return receipt usps and it took 5 days sent on April 8 and they signed for it April 13.  Have not heard a thing.  like a kid at Christmas time waiting

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Two part reply here

TheTallest:  That is completely normal.  They get the orders in and open them to see what it's for.  If it's for a rifle, and they can fill it, sales will process it faster.  Ammo and accessories go out the door in a pretty short turn around as well.  If it's for something that's going to take a while you get put in the queue along with all the others in the order that they were opened/processed.  

TEXAS i'm not going to type out your whole name: All rifles are shipped FEDEX next day.  Sometimes, and this has happened more since Orest retired, you'll get no notification of a DBU.  You'll see the order populate on the E-store and then one day you'll get an email notification that it's shipped with tracking info.  Happened to my dad a few months ago.  If you sign up for an account with FEDEX they can notify you when a package label has been created to be sent to you.  That's another "early warning" tool that people use....though at that point you'll have the rifle in 24 hours.   This does remind me I need to call/email to tag my order with a note saying to contact me before they ship it as my wife and I are going to be doing a lot of traveling in the next month and a half and we might not have someone home to accept the packages.  

Link Posted: 5/26/2016 6:30:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
FYI my order was received 2/4/16, but the estore shows the order date as 3/24/16 with ship date still TBD.

YMMV
View Quote

UPDATE:

The rifles came in today. 3 Springfield Garands with a pretty good spread of serial numbers ~150,000, ~2,500,000, and ~3,500,000.

They all appear to have new CMP stamped stocks.

Only way I could be happier is if they could have filled my carbine order. Still waiting on the refund check for that.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 9:39:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

UPDATE:

The rifles came in today. 3 Springfield Garands with a pretty good spread of serial numbers ~150,000, ~2,500,000, and ~3,500,000.

Only way I could be happier is if they could have filled my carbine order. Still waiting on the refund check for that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FYI my order was received 2/4/16, but the estore shows the order date as 3/24/16 with ship date still TBD.

YMMV

UPDATE:

Are the stocks walnut or birch?
That 150000 is fairly early one .
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 10:02:32 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I dropped an order for a service grade on 4/3, and haven't heard a peep...
View Quote
Got my DBU today... Also hit the estore today... no s/n yet.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 10:32:48 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I dropped an order for a service grade on 4/3, and haven't heard a peep...

The SN gets added just before they ship.  Start the clock, 30-45 day sit looks like from E-store posting to at your door for everything but M1C's/M1D's and .308 Specials
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 10:33:23 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

YMMV

UPDATE:

IIRC all the new CMP stocks are walnut
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 10:47:16 PM EDT
[#50]
they're all over the fucking place

i got a DBU on 5/20 for an order i sent in on 5/13, received 5/16

today i got another for an order i sent in on 4/5, received 4/15

go figure
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top