Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 4/22/2016 9:38:40 PM EDT
I've been eyeing the order status thread over on the cmp forum.  Seems most current DBUs are for February orders, even some January.  The cmp received my order for a field, service, and ammo April 8.  I stickied for WWII serial and usgi wood.  Imagine my shock when I opened my email today to find that I got my dbu and order numbers in the e-store too.  I'm a little shocked, confused, and excited right now.  Watch it not ship until September

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:44:01 PM EDT
[#1]
.....I've not heard jack shit since I mailed in my orders back in March.

I still like the CMP but I miss Orest.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:52:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm a first timer, but I'd imagine that'd slow it down even more.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:54:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I sent mine in on the 5th of April.  Nothing yet.  Can only hope they actually got it.  I should have sent it with some sort of tracking.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:41:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I dropped an order for a service grade on 4/3, and haven't heard a peep...
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 2:23:16 PM EDT
[#5]
My order on 2/3 just charged on my cc. Fingers crossed
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 4:56:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed.  The new guy is not nearly as active on the CMP forums and seems to keep information closer to the vest.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 5:40:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I hope they take their time with mine. Sent in an order a few weeks ago, want to get one more to stick in the back of my safe for one of my future children. I'm banking on the 3-6 month wait to build up the spare cash to pay off the credit card when I get billed.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 5:08:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I sent mine in March 23rd. No news yet. This will be my first CMP order.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 6:26:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm still really confused lol

Maybe you guys should write roll tide on your envelopes
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 5:58:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

What was your order number?

Sent mine in at the end of january # 5951xx for service grades.  Been on the estore since March 1 so I'm hoping they ship soon.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 8:11:30 AM EDT
[#11]
I sent mine on April 5th and they received it on April 11th. It's now the 26th and still haven't heard anything. I'm not even sure it made it to the right department. All my credentials are up to date on my account. I'm a first timer and didn't specify that I wanted anything specific; just put on the order, M1 Garand Service Grade. I'm not picky. I'm getting kind of antsy waiting on my DBU. I keep checking my account on the store and my CC to see if it's been hit but nothing. I know I have to be patient, but it's really not one of my virtues.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 3:57:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Sent mine in at the end of january # 5951xx for service grades.  Been on the estore since March 1 so I'm hoping they ship soon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure. Im out of town but arrived yesterday. Cant wait to get home and see my service grade
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:26:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I sent mine on April 5th and they received it on April 11th. It's now the 26th and still haven't heard anything. I'm not even sure it made it to the right department. All my credentials are up to date on my account. I'm a first timer and didn't specify that I wanted anything specific; just put on the order, M1 Garand Service Grade. I'm not picky. I'm getting kind of antsy waiting on my DBU. I keep checking my account on the store and my CC to see if it's been hit but nothing. I know I have to be patient, but it's really not one of my virtues.
View Quote

Its going to be a while, i sent my order in feb 16th and didn't hear about it until April 22, the carbine orders have really set them back.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 11:44:55 AM EDT
[#14]
I wish my account would get freaking activated on the cmp forum.  The level of jimmies rustled would be epic.  My order numbers are lower than some orders from February and most from March.  I sent my drivers license next to my license to carry, maybe someone thinks I'm sexy
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 12:45:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I wish my account would get freaking activated on the cmp forum.  The level of jimmies rustled would be epic.  My order numbers are lower than some orders from February and most from March.  I sent my drivers license next to my license to carry, maybe someone thinks I'm sexy
View Quote

LOL Yeah they would.

Don't hold your breath on getting it anytime soon though. It seems like they don't really care about the fourms much anymore.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:28:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got my card charged the 27, and they shipped them out today.  Today's my birthday, so it's a nice present
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:17:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Got my card charged the 27, and they shipped them out today.  Today's my birthday, so it's a nice present
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice. Hope I don't have to wait until my birthday to get mine though 'cause that will be about 10 more months.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:19:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

LOL Yeah they would.

Don't hold your breath on getting it anytime soon though. It seems like they don't really care about the fourms much anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL Yeah they would.

They have not activated my account there either.  I'm OK with that if they pulled the forum guy off his old job and shuffled him around to to get the production process going faster.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:31:36 AM EDT
[#19]
A friend of mine sent in an order for a service grade carbine and 2 SG M1s. The order was received 2-1. He made the carbine cut and received it weeks ago. He just got notification that his SG Garands will be delivered Monday 5-2.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 10:01:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
A friend of mine sent in an order for a service grade carbine and 2 SG M1s. The order was received 2-1. He made the carbine cut and received it weeks ago. He just got notification that his SG Garands will be delivered Monday 5-2.
View Quote

Did he receive his Garands?

I'm hoping I get a DBU this month.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 7:54:48 PM EDT
[#21]
I'd like to see more updates on who has received DBU's.  We can tell they are filling orders received in the late February and early March area depending on which grade was ordered but not as clear on how fast they are opening the mail for new orders.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 8:08:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'd like to see more updates on who has received DBU's.  We can tell they are filling orders received in the late February and early March area depending on which grade was ordered but not as clear on how fast they are opening the mail for new orders.
View Quote

I've been looking here and on the CMP forums and it looks like they are 1.5-2.5 months out from even sending DBU emails. But some haven't been getting DBUs but their account has updated by showing orders. I keep checking mime but no updates but I sent my order in about three weeks ago.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 8:08:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, I wanna know if mine is a fluke or if they segregated everything from the carbine mess.

FWIW, I got my ammo last week.  Just over two weeks from submittal.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:42:21 PM EDT
[#24]
My order showed up in the Estore March 29...from 2/8...No peeps since.  Had another order I sent two weeks after that one and no word at all.  Also supposing my carbine order is dead in the water at this point.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 4:19:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My order showed up in the Estore March 29...from 2/8...No peeps since.  Had another order I sent two weeks after that one and no word at all.  Also supposing my carbine order is dead in the water at this point.
View Quote

E store order 3/30, from 2/12. Nothing heard since.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:24:36 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Agreed.  The new guy is not nearly as active on the CMP forums and seems to keep information closer to the vest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And apparently his behavior at the Eastern Games wasn't so hot either....
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 9:01:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I heard about that.  I get being pissed if someone is bitching at one of your employees, but if that really happened, he certainly doesn't need to be out in person at the matches.  Orest is a great person and always went way beyond what could possibly be expected of a person in his position.  He was very active and honest on the boards and did everything possible to keep customers happy.  The new guy avoids the forums and doesn't really answer many questions or divulge any information.  He also put an end to buyers agents and screwed some people on the 12/year limit due to backtracking on the whole "C-grade stripped receivers won't count towards your limit" issue when he took over mid-year.  He doesn't owe us anything, but these customers do a lot to further the CMP cause, far beyond just buying shit.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 9:32:51 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I heard about that.  I get being pissed if someone is bitching at one of your employees, but if that really happened, he certainly doesn't need to be out in person at the matches.  Orest is a great person and always went way beyond what could possibly be expected of a person in his position.  He was very active and honest on the boards and did everything possible to keep customers happy.  The new guy avoids the forums and doesn't really answer many questions or divulge any information.  He also put an end to buyers agents and screwed some people on the 12/year limit due to backtracking on the whole "C-grade stripped receivers won't count towards your limit" issue when he took over mid-year.  He doesn't owe us anything, but these customers do a lot to further the CMP cause, far beyond just buying shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The more I hear about him the less and less impressed I become.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 7:08:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Garands arrived Monday. The two rifles are as follows after a cursory look.

Garand #1 1.3 million Springfield, if I didn't know what he ordered I would say this is a "Special". Park is perfect, 1 and 0 on the barrel. Receiver is 1943, barrel appears to be 1965, CMP wood.

Garand #2 6 digit Springfield.Park is perfect on this one as well.  January 1941 receiver, 1 and 2 on the barrel, 1955. CMP wood, stock was split, it's going back for replacement. This one looks like another " Special" that was shipped as a Service Grade
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 8:58:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Garand #1 1.3 million Springfield, if I didn't know what he ordered I would say this is a "Special". Park is perfect, 1 and 0 on the barrel. Receiver is 1943, barrel appears to be 1965, CMP wood.

Garand #2 6 digit Springfield.Park is perfect on this one as well.  January 1941 receiver, 1 and 2 on the barrel, 1955. CMP wood, stock was split, it's going back for replacement. This one looks like another " Special" that was shipped as a Service Grade
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice. Still nothing on my order but I do like reading about others who have gotten theirs
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:37:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would be very happy if mine came through like yours, minus the crack in the wood of course.  I asked for a Springfield but we will see what they send.  I don't expect a DBU for another few weeks unless they really are speeding up again.  Mailed mine out snail mail exactly a month ago today.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#32]
I mailed my paperwork to the CMP on March 23rd for a service grade. Still have not heard anything.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 7:00:53 PM EDT
[#33]
FYI my order was received 2/4/16, but the estore shows the order date as 3/24/16 with ship date still TBD.

YMMV
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 9:08:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
.....I've not heard jack shit since I mailed in my orders back in March.

View Quote

I do too. On one particular visit while stripping down a Springfield M1 at the service counter I mentioned to Leon and Orest I was looking for a Win-13. Leon told me he just sold the last one and didn't have any more. Orest said "let me check in the back," and disappeared into the warehouse.

Five minutes later he reappeared carrying two Win-13s. I had a smile on my face from ear to ear.

That was a few years ago and I regret not having bought them both.

Another time there was a cardboard box filled with M60 padded slings marked $6 each. While chatting with Orest I went through the box picking out a few slings. I asked him if he would cut me a deal if I bought 10 slings. He asked me how much I'd give him for the whole box. I said $20. He said okay. There were at least 20 slings in the box. I guess he just wanted to unload them.

Yes, I miss Orest.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 10:54:59 AM EDT
[#35]
If my service is reparked and in new wood I'm going to be pissed.  At that point, I'd rather pony for the special and not wait 6 months.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 11:14:00 AM EDT
[#36]
has anyone replaced their certificates that came with CMP rifles? I misplaced two of mine. I sent them an email and a follow up email.

I like the field grade I got. good throat and muzzle readings too
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
has anyone replaced their certificates that came with CMP rifles? I misplaced two of mine. I sent them an email and a follow up email.

I like the field grade I got. good throat and muzzle readings too
View Quote

They won't replace them.  The best they'll do is send a letter stating it came from them and they charge to do that.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 1:17:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
If my service is reparked and in new wood I'm going to be pissed.  At that point, I'd rather pony for the special and not wait 6 months.
View Quote

This is basically what all SG rifles are right now.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 2:55:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought only specials were reparks?

I'm glad I hedged my bet and bought a field and service.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 2:58:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. Sorry brochacho. Pepper your angus for diassapointment.

And someone receiving a FG with a Blue Sky import marked barrel kinda has me wondering if I shouldn't have my order of 12 swapped over to SG rifles since all of these rifles are being built from parts on a bench in Anniston. On the flip side it means I have very few fucks to give about swapping the parts around.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 3:00:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, both SG and FG rifles are showing up with reparked receivers.  SG rifles are showing up completely reparked with new CMP wood almost exclusively right now.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 7:36:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Looks like they may be getting to opening the mail a little faster now.  From looking at the CMP forum they seem to be sending out DBU'e for mail received in mid March now.  This week looks like it went from late February all the way through March 15th at least for service grades.  That is if there is any rhyme or reason to it all.  
Just an observation and maybe not true but it looks to me that they may have tried to satisfy some of the guys who ordered both M-1  carbines and Grands but missed the carbine thing with placing their orders ahead  a little bit on the Grands?  Not sure though.

Edited because  I said April but meant February.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:19:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Looks like they may be getting to opening the mail a little faster now.  From looking at the CMP forum they seem to be sending out DBU'e for mail received in mid March now.  This week looks like it went from late April all the way through March 15th at least for service grades.  That is if there is any rhyme or reason to it all.  
Just an observation and maybe not true but it looks to me that they may have tried to satisfy some of the guys who ordered both M-1  carbines and Grands but missed the carbine thing with placing their orders ahead  a little bit on the Grands?  Not sure though.
View Quote

They received my order April 11th and I still haven't received a DBU.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 10:39:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Keep an eye on the current order timeline thread. Right now they are getting to mid March orders. Probably 3 weeks and you should hear something.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 6:30:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Keep an eye on the current order timeline thread. Right now they are getting to mid March orders. Probably 3 weeks and you should hear something.
View Quote

I see a member there sent his order on 4/25 and they received it on 4/28 and he got his DBU on 5/4. What the heck? Seems to be my luck lately. Same thing happened with my 590a1. Ordered it, card was charged and it still hasn't shown up.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 6:32:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Recieved my field grade garand i ordered feb 2nd. Stickied and made small donation with a request for ww2 era or an HRA. Recieved a march 45 SA reciever with an HRA marked barrel, very nice usgi replacment stock, readings of 3/3. Uncut op rod and reparked reciever. Pretty happy I didnt recieve a bluesky barrel as others are reporting o n the cmp forum
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 10:30:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Looks like they may be getting to opening the mail a little faster now.  From looking at the CMP forum they seem to be sending out DBU'e for mail received in mid March now.  This week looks like it went from late February all the way through March 15th at least for service grades.  That is if there is any rhyme or reason to it all.  

Edited because  I said April but meant February.
View Quote

Not mine I missed the carbine boat because I got there on 2-4 but nothing shipped yet on the garand.

On e store for a while now. Just waiting.

Later order for 2 fields and one service has not received any attention.   Hope I don't get any blue sky stuff .

I bought a couple wore out carbines years ago that were blue sky and would not expect that quality from cmp field grade.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 5:29:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

it'll likely be closer to 3 months and you'll save $300

unless you're extremely lucky you're gonna get a reparked in new wood SG though
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 12:41:29 AM EDT
[#49]
My 2 service grades ordered at the end of January ended up being 700k and 1.7m springfields, both with mw1 and te2.  Barrels are 1/45 and 2/55 respectively.  

Both look reparked to me, one has new cmp wood, the other has a GI birch stock.  The 1.7m has a lead dipped heel, which I thought was neat.  Haven't shot either of them yet but I can't wait to take them out.

The only thing that was slightly disappointing is that the 700k has a decent size spot of pitting on the receiver on that slanted part in front of the rear sight.  I wasn't really expecting it, but it does say that it may have pitting in the description, so I suppose it is what it is.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 12:30:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Called in today to change my CC on an order.  They said they're shipping out mid-Feb orders that hit the estore.  Gonna be a while.  Confirmed carbines OUT, but that's probably old news by now.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top