Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2016 11:47:29 PM EDT
My 1955 HRA rack grade I picked up at the South Store in Anniston on carbine-release day.

It has a SA WWII stock and a 1954 Springfield Armory barrel that measures just over a 2 at the muzzle. The finish of the metal and condition of the walnut stock should have landed this rifle on the field-grade list but hey, I'll take it.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:10:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Double tap while editing.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:13:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:32:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Very nice.  How's it shoot?!
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 9:14:09 AM EDT
[#4]
My now corrected service grade Springfield came with a WWII stock that was pretty sanded down. It cracks me up that Korean Garands will have WWII parts or better yet WWII Garands when the exsisted at CMP came with Korean parts.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:25:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice.  Did you make it in time to get a Carbine as well?
View Quote

I missed the whole (complete) carbines (100 people spent the night in line for a crack at 35 carbines) but I did manage to pick up one of the 10 barreled receivers, a Saginaw Gear with a new barrel.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:28:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very nice.  How's it shoot?!
View Quote

I took it out to the range yesterday. Greased her up and ran 100 rounds through her and she didn't skip a beat.

2nd one down:

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:18:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks alright to me!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top