Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2016 11:19:44 PM EDT
My Saginaw Gear M1 carbine barreled receiver after adding a few parts to it. My 1955  HRA Garand is just above it dressed up in an M1907 leather sling.

I took them both to the range today and had a blast. Both shot flawlessly.

The AR is my PSA M4 clone KISS carbine.

What it looked like before parts installed:

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 11:23:46 PM EDT
[#1]
That's awesome! They all look good!
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:59:40 AM EDT
[#2]
That's sweet.  I've an IBM - but only a bare receiver.  Any guide to assembly or parts sources?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:34:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I had forgotten that DCM sold carbine receivers.  Very nice.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:18:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's sweet.  I've an IBM - but only a bare receiver.  Any guide to assembly or parts sources?
View Quote

Parts are available but they are expensive. Ebay, Riverbanks Armory, Numrich, and Northridge International are a good place to start. Assembling one isn't hard especially if the barrel is already installed. You can install the barrel yourself if you have a vise but then you would have to make sure it headspaces correctly. That's the one thing I take my carbines and garands to a smith for.

ETA replaced "build" with "assemble" because some people take issue with the word.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:03:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Parts are available but they are expensive. Ebay, Riverbanks Armory, Numrich, and Northridge International are a good place to start. Building one isn't hard especially if the barrel is already installed. You can install the barrel yourself if you have a vise but then you would have to make sure it headspaces correctly. That's the one thing I take my carbines and garands to a smith for.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Parts are available but they are expensive. Ebay, Riverbanks Armory, Numrich, and Northridge International are a good place to start. Building one isn't hard especially if the barrel is already installed. You can install the barrel yourself if you have a vise but then you would have to make sure it headspaces correctly. That's the one thing I take my carbines and garands to a smith for.

I know how to install the barrel, but please tell us about the rest of the build
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:03:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I know how to install the barrel, but please tell us about the rest of the build
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I prefer to use the word "assemble" since I don't know what's involved in "building" one. I edited my earlier post to correct this.

I've been collecting and shooting carbines for about 30 years now and have built up a respectable spare parts box. Since I pretty much knew I wasn't going to make it to Anniston in time to scrap for one of the 35 carbines I was counting on them having some barreled receivers on hand. The CMP did not disappoint.

Anyway, the walnut stock is an early Inland high-wood with a cross-cannon cartouche that came on a CMP Winchester. The flip sight is IBM. The op-rod, bolt, and trigger group are Inland. The front barrel band is a repro. The front sight post is an unmarked NOS part.

I will probably, over time, acquire the parts to make this a correct S.G. but in the meantime she shoots fine just the way she is.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 11:39:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I got a CMP barreled Inland receiver years ago, and assembled a nice shooter from it.  It is not that hard with a few special tools.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 6:16:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks good but be very careful of that company in California selling parts. He is a well know seller of fake parts
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top