Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2015 5:50:27 PM EDT
I have a Springfield M1 from the early 2000's run.  The receiver was made in Breda Italy.  It has a serial number BMR XXXX and came with a certificate of authenticity.  The back of the receiver is also marke "FKF".  It is as NIB.  I am hoping you guys can tell me more about what it is, and what it is worth.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:52:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Fluffy, please report to the help desk.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:03:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have a Springfield M1 from the early 2000's run.  The receiver was made in Breda Italy.  It has a serial number BMR XXXX and came with a certificate of authenticity.  The back of the receiver is also marke "FKF".  It is as NIB.  I am hoping you guys can tell me more about what it is, and what it is worth.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance!
View Quote

For some reason I'm thinking that's a Danish M1 mark.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:43:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Beretta receiver? Pretty rare. I don't have any idea what it's worth but I'd rather have that then the commercial Springfield Armory I currently own.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:03:21 PM EDT
[#4]
FKF means Forsvarets Kriegsmateriel Forvaltning. This is Danish for "Defence War Materiel Administration

You have an Italian Garand that was made for Denmark.

What is the serial number? I have a few dozen and I am always trying to find out if there are any more with consecutive serial numbers.

Yours is a Breda and it was made on Brescia, Italy.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:53:39 PM EDT
[#5]
IIRR SA Inc used some Breda recvrs they had on hand when they started that last run of commercial Garands because they were having issues with the supplier of their cast recvrs. They had Italian recvrs but the rest was a mix of new made and surplus parts.

If you were going to buy a SA Inc Commercial Garand the ones built with Italian recvrs is the one to get. At the time they were around $1000 but you could get a CMP SG for about $400.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top