Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2015 12:06:37 PM EDT
Anyone have one yet. Good or bad?

Also would you go for a stainless barrel or no?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:07:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe those are just the Archangel stocks.  I have one, and it is comfortable to shoot off the bench, ergonomics are good, lock up is very tight.  However, with the medium weight barrel and the stock, there is about 2# of extra weight that I don't care for.  Mine came in basic black, but I painted it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:16:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe those are just the Archangel stocks.
View Quote

Correct.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:44:22 PM EDT
[#3]
What about being active with it? I know it is not for three gun competition, but could you still fire it from the shoulder reasonably? Or do the ergos keep it on the bench/deck?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:45:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What about being active with it? I know it is not for three gun competition, but could you still fire it from the shoulder reasonably? Or do the ergos keep it on the bench/deck?
View Quote

You can shoot from the shoulder just fine.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:05:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Was there ever a definitive verdict on whether these stocks are worth getting?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:45:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Was there ever a definitive verdict on whether these stocks are worth getting?
View Quote

Most people that have them seem to like them.  Many people don't like them, because they consider them to be a blatant ripoff of the JAE stock.  I'm not going to say they are, nor am I going to say they aren't.  I like mine, and I find it comfortable to hold and to shoot.  Someone else may not like it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 6:33:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Own one with carbon-barrel and Archangel-stock.

And, if folks actually admit to not liking the Archangel-stock due to its potential likeness to the JAE-stock - that's just sad.  One stock-system costs $1,800 and up, while the other is around $400.  The whole M1A rifle with the stock costs less than the JAE-100, so I'm hoping that there's more to it than just that.

Has become new favorite to shoot.  No issues using the stock, although my set-up is for using scope all of the time.  So far, mine likes Nosler 168 gr Custom Competition, mil-brass, IMR 4064, and CCI #34.  Really impressive accuracy for a semi-auto.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 10:41:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I had a gent bring one over for me to fit the stock on. Left me less than impressed. Took a fair amount of relieving for the barrel ferrule and the receiver would not even begin to slide into the stock without some serious file/sandpaper work.
Meh.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 1:57:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I know they sometimes require a good bit of hand fitting, but it also appears to be a pretty good choice for folks on a tight budget.

What is the cost difference buying from Springer vs. buying direct from the manufacturer?
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 1:38:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 5:09:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Just put one on my BILs M1a it did require some fitting which I would rather fit than have it loose.  It is much more comfortable to shoot than my stock SA one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top