Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2015 2:08:01 PM EDT
Ordered 6-10, DBU received today. Most posts on the forum seem to mention 20 days plus for receiving the email, so maybe a good sign?

Service grade and 50 clips, sticky for GI wood Springfield. If not, well at least I'll get a rifle.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 4:26:44 PM EDT
[#1]
My order for a Service Grade and a Special was received on 6/4, and the rifles showed up in my estore account 6/17.

No DBU and my card hasn't been hit yet. No other action.

It does seem like between here and the CMP forum, a lot of orders received in early June are being processed.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 4:44:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Order showed up in E-store a few minutes ago, and my CC has been hit for the clips I have on the same order, but not the rifle. Trend on the CMP forum looks like they've sped up over the last month or so, looks like first week of June was a good time to be ordering.

Should have ordered a bayonet at the same time though.

ETA-the impressive part is, if I get lucky enough to receive the rifle within the next ten days, CMP will have processed faster than my GCA membership-and GCA wasn't slow either, in my opinion.

As for no DBU Keystone, I've watched CMP threads for the last year while I've decided if I was willing to have the money tied up in the order system for the time it takes to process. It seems common for the DBU to not be received for some reason. Got a bit more common when they got busy with the IHC orders a couple months back.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 9:47:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah it does seem like early June was the right time to order.

As far as no DBU, I last ordered a rifle in early February and never got one. No big deal to me.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 1:55:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I mailed my order for a field grade on 6/4, I received my rifle yesterday.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 7:59:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I mailed my order for a field grade on 6/4, I received my rifle yesterday.
View Quote

pics and details! Im thinking about placing an order for a FG.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 2:59:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yeah it does seem like early June was the right time to order.

As far as no DBU, I last ordered a rifle in early February and never got one. No big deal to me.
View Quote

It seems that the glut of extra work processing IHC orders has passed. Having a rifle ship in less than 30 days is good.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 7:26:21 PM EDT
[#7]
How long from DBU to card being hit?
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:03:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

My card hasn't been hit for the rifle yet, but the clips I ordered at the same time came in today. People on CMP forum are seeing anywhere from same day to a week after DBU for their cards to be charged.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:48:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

My card hasn't been hit for the rifle yet, but the clips I ordered at the same time came in today. People on CMP forum are seeing anywhere from same day to a week after DBU for their cards to be charged.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My rifles showed up in the estore on 6/17 and my card hasn't been charged yet.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 3:03:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Service Grade: Estore on 6/16, card charged yesterday (6/26)

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 3:25:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Under 30 days for a CMP order to turnaround is lightning fast. All this year the M1's have been flying outta Anniston.

I really do wonder how long before they're all gone, but that deserves it's own thread and has been discussed many times already.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 3:27:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Under 30 days for a CMP order to turnaround is lightning fast. All this year the M1's have been flying outta Anniston.

I really do wonder how long before they're all gone, but that deserves it's own thread and has been discussed many times already.
View Quote

And that is why I ordered while I can. Had the money and it's becoming more and more widely known that it's not AS hard to order as people make it out to be. It's only a matter of time.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 4:35:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Truthfully, I'm surprised the supply hasn't been exhausted already, this being the internet age.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:06:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Things seem to have slowed down, one person on CMP forum got an email saying service grades are now on backorder.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:58:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Things seem to have slowed down, one person on CMP forum got an email saying service grades are now on backorder.
View Quote

where is that post? I dont see it... i have paperwork ready to be mailed...dang
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:57:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Page 990 of CMP order timeline, post 9896. Looks like a false alarm though, today the guy updated and has been emailed that his order is processed and card has been charged.

On CMP's page they're still listed as available though, I say go ahead and order. Worst case you get it slow.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:12:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Last month I ordered a FG, mailed USPS on 6/4/15. I was expecting to get it maybe in early August. The rifle was in my hands on 6/22/15. 18 days.
I've never had one get processed that fast. They usually (for me) take 2-3 months, sometimes 4.

This was the first time I didn't get a DBU. I logged into the e-Store for grins on the 19th, just to see if the order was listed as "Open" yet, and saw it had shipped.

I stickied for an SA but they sent me a very nice 1955 HRA with original barrel (M2/T4), solid post war stock with 1/2" DAS, and a mix of HRA and
SA post war parts. This was my first HRA FG and I'm very pleased with it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:39:23 PM EDT
[#18]
My card was charged today, 22 days so far. Looking like the backorder comment I mentioned was a false alarm. Still hoping for a SA with GI wood but based on what people are saying about the HRAs they're sending out I don't care what they send.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:53:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Rifle shows shipped as of today, 3.67million serial. Looking at Fulton's chart, looks like April/May 45 Springfield. If I'm reading the number right, about as late-WWII as they come.

Would have been nice(as in, lottery winning nice) to get  Springfield #489717 or 489719 though. I know where 489718 is. I know, very long odds, but if the rifle was produced, the chance is there. Wasn't exactly HOPING for one of those two, but I still have the dim hope of finding one or the other.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 6:27:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Update-

I mentioned that my service grade and special showed up in estore 6/17.

On 6/30, card was charged for the service grade only, and status was changed from open to processed. According to them, shipping should occur in 7-14 days.

I haven't been charged for the special yet, and the status is still just open.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 6:46:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Update-

On 6/30, card was charged for the service grade only, and status was changed from open to processed. According to them, shipping should occur in 7-14 days.

View Quote

Interesting that specials are taking longer than service grades lately-they must have had a big run on them.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:59:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Interesting that specials are taking longer than service grades lately-they must have had a big run on them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Update-

I was thinking the same thing. I saw on the CMP forum that specials were taking much longer than the 30-60 days.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:16:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:11:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
.  I was thinking this was holding up the shipping, but I guess there is something going on with the Service grades.
View Quote

There's been another person on the CMP forum who said service grades are on backorder, but lots of others still having their rifles in-hand in less than 30 days.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 5:32:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

There's been another person on the CMP forum who said service grades are on backorder, but lots of others still having their rifles in-hand in less than 30 days.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
.  I was thinking this was holding up the shipping, but I guess there is something going on with the Service grades.

The Truck of Happiness brought a delivery today. TE2, MW1. New wood but with the metal looking this good that's not a disappointment. SA 55 barrel, WRA bolt, SA triggerguard and HRA hammer. Oiled and greased, headed out to shoot it now.
ETA-just got back from shooting it, 8 shots in just over a 2" group at 100 yards. Should do even better when I get used to shooting an M1 again. It's been a while. Would have been a sub-2 inch group if I hadn't pulled one. Can't call it a flier when I know I messed up the shot. Even with that, any of the 8 would have killed a deer or a charging bad guy so I'm happy

</a>" />
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 4:54:21 PM EDT
[#26]
8 shots 2 inch group at 100yds? You better start shooting matches , you will clean up
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 10:19:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
8 shots 2 inch group at 100yds? You better start shooting matches , you will clean up
View Quote

I'm sure shooting that well was a one-time thing, but I am anxious to get a few more groups fired, and take it farther out. That, and it wasn't a true 2",   closer to  2 1/2-if I hadn't pulled that one shot it would probably have been close to 2". I do want to get into a match with it at some point though. Whether I win or not, I miss it. Shot M9 matches for a couple years in the Guard and loved it.

ETA- just got the target out and actually measured the group. If just measured to outer edge of holes it's right at 3", so actually calculating it and subtracting bullet diameter it's closer to 2 3/4". A bit bigger than I thought, still happy with it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 5:39:07 AM EDT
[#28]
That sounds more normal
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 8:19:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Service here too.

Order Sent: ~ 1 June
Order Delivered: 8 June
DBU: 19 June
EStore: 19 June
CC Hit: 30 June
Shipped:
Delivered:

eStore comment: AVS Error: No match on address or Z.  

I have not gotten an email or letter about the AVS Error.  I was thinking this was holding up the shipping, but I guess there is something going on with the Service grades.
View Quote

Ok, getting a bit salty.  CC hit 30 June, and no shipping yet.  Still have the AVS error showing, and no contact from CMP.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 1:04:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Ok, getting a bit salty.  CC hit 30 June, and no shipping yet.  Still have the AVS error showing, and no contact from CMP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Service here too.

Shipped:
Delivered:

I have not gotten an email or letter about the AVS Error.  I was thinking this was holding up the shipping, but I guess there is something going on with the Service grades.

Order moved from Pending Orders to Order History on 18 July.  

S/N: 5,803,XXX
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 9:45:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Service here too.

Shipped: ??
Delivered: 20 July

Delivered today.  Never got tracking info.

Muzzle: 1+
Throat: 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top