Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2015 5:24:29 PM EDT
I have been looking at getting a wooden stock for my M1A and was wondering the best place to find one. I have read that CMP sold them at one time but I am not sure that they do any longer. If anyone has any suggestions on where to pick one up it would be appreciated. I don't need a brand new one but I would like one that includes the steel hardware.

I also have been looking at getting an M1 Garand that would be used as a shooter. I have read many good things about CMP rifles and will probably drive down one day as I don't live very far. Is there any other places I should be looking?
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 6:19:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, fredsm14stocks.com and treelinem14.com are the two I know of that sell M14 stocks, off the top of my head.  I'm sure there are others.  

I wish I was that close to Anniston...  And the CMP will likely be the least expensive you will come across.

James River Armory currently is selling Garands and DuPage Tradeing Co has a few now and then.  Collectors Firearms in Houston had maybe 20 Garands last time I looked.  All of these are online retailers, they will ship to your local FFL.

Best regards,

Hking
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:54:12 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are going to drive to the CMP, make sure you meet all the requirements to purchase first and have your paperwork in order.  It isn't a store you can just walk into and buy a rifle.  And you might be better off putting in for a mail order rifle.  Generally speaking, those are the rifles that have been in much better condition than what has been in the stores, if there was even anything in the stores besides rack grades and drill rifles.  Well, aside from the really expensive sniper models.

Fulton Armory also sells some M1A stocks.  And check the Springfield Armory website.  They might sell them separately as well.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#3]
You could buy my USGI birch stock, hardware included.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_134/1405770_USGI_M14_Birch_Stock.html
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 8:07:41 PM EDT
[#4]
the cmp sold them last time i stopped by in march of 2014 (they had them lined up against the back wall.  I do not know if they have any M14 stocks now though.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 11:45:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I ordered one from Springfield Armory.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top