Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2015 7:55:11 AM EDT
I had an LRB M25 Tanker custom built for me back in late 2013. I originally wanted a "do it all rifle", back when I believed that there was such a thing as a "do it all rifle". The rifle sports a medium weight 1/10 twist 18.5" criterion chrome lined barrel with unitized gas cylinder. Gas tube is nitride coated inside and out. To shorten this rather lengthy post, the rifle has every customization that LRB offers, from a built in bi-pod rail, to a national match trigger. There was literally nothing that hasn't been done to this rifle. While I'm at, I should mention that a builder at LRB spoke to me for about 30-40 minutes to discuss every upgrade that I was getting and the advantages to each one. He didn't pressure me or tell me that I NEED every upgrade, in fact, he recommended that I get only what I need. Of course, I had them do everything... whether I needed it or not.

Needless to say, this rifle became quite heavy. Even with a 1x-6x Leupold Mark 6 (which I later changed out for a Nightforce F1  4x-16x, adding even more weight). I made the optic change because I realized this rifle was never going to be a "do it all rifle". Having adopted that mindset for this rifle, I've been thinking of ways to improve the ergonomics and accuracy and not worry too much about the weight. Don't get me wrong, I DO NOT want to add useless weight for the sake of some new trinket that makes the rifle look cooler... However, I'm not opposed to adding some weight if it significantly improves my rifles new role as a DMR rifle. Which brings me to the title of this topic - Should I add  the JAE-100 GEN 3 PRECISION RIFLE STOCK???

The rifle, as is, shoots 3/4 MOA out to 700 yards. I've even gotten a couple groups closer to 1/2 moa @ 100 yds believe it or not... (I didn't at first). I was using Federal Gold Metal Match 175gr BTHP chambered in 7.62x51mm not .308 (just a side note I guess). Anyway, the rifle is still in the original USGI fiberglass stock that it came in from LRB. Its a nice stock and I've had to add some upgrades to it to make it more comfortable to shoot prone (bradley cheek rest/riser, bi-pod pic rail, etc...). However, I'm hearing and reading that the new JAE-100 GEN 3 PRECISION RIFLE STOCK can increase the accuracy, ergonomics and just flat out make the rifle more comfortable to shoot from the prone position. Of course, adding the aluminum stock would undoubtedly increase the weight of this set up. How much weight?? I don't know, but probably a pound or two minimum I would assume. So...

Should I add the JAE-100 GEN 3 PRECISION RIFLE STOCK????? Anyone out there with first hand experience that could guide me on this? Maybe give me a honest and fair evaluation of what I can expect? I welcome all comments as I'm just tired of playing out the pros and cons alone on this situation. Thanks for reading! Let me know. I'll try to post pics if anyone just wants to see them.

- Ronaproject
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:09:16 AM EDT
[#1]
The SAGE PMRI is probably the better stock for your rifle, and it should be lighter than the JAE.
I added a nice recoil pad to mine, it's very comfortable.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:53:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I have 2 M1As with JAE stocks on them.
Love 'em. Be prepared for a WAIT.
My second stock arrived 1233 days after I placed the order. That's correct, 3 YEARS
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 7:30:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a little late here, but to answer OP's question, my standard M1A w/JAE stock, 4.5-14X scope, bipod, rear monopod, and a full magazine is 16 pounds. My stock is configured without any rails, just the bipod mount.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top