Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2014 4:35:35 AM EDT
im looking at a sage ebr stock and it says not compatible with springfield lugged receiver. What exactly does this mean? i own a scout squad 18" and its in stock configuration besides a NM guide rod.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:44:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Some match rifles have a metal lug added to the rear of the receiver, and some get lugs at both front and rear.
The extra metal allows the action to be firmly fitted within its stock, some using bolts into the lugs that torque the action down.
With a glass bedded action and lugs keeping stuff held in place, its one of many tricks to squeeze accuracy out for competition.

Your rifle almost certainly is not lugged

The Sage stocks are made to fit the standard M14 receiver.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:50:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
im looking at a sage ebr stock and it says not compatible with springfield lugged receiver. What exactly does this mean? i own a scout squad 18" and its in stock configuration besides a NM guide rod.
View Quote

Don't worry about it. You're good to go. You would know if you had a rear-lugged receiver.

ETA: There's a good deal on the EE for an EBR if you want black and don't mind paying with a MO.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_134/1382094_WTS_Black_Sage_EBR_Chassis.html
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:26:15 PM EDT
[#3]
that is a good deal, however im stlll paying for a move and getting my debt paid down before i buy anything else. thanks for the replies i took my m1a down and didnt notice anything that looked like a lug on the front or the rear.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:05:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Found this for you.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:56:54 PM EDT
[#5]
The additional lugs add surface area to the glass bedding done on a match rifle so that the bedding will last longer between repairs under heavy duty.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 1:16:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The additional lugs add surface area to the glass bedding done on a match rifle so that the bedding will last longer between repairs under heavy duty.
View Quote

Is it really cost effective? I mean, you can get a complete M1A for the price of just a double lugged receiver.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 12:00:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Is it really cost effective? I mean, you can get a complete M1A for the price of just a double lugged receiver.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It depends on how much you shoot.  Given that a (re)bedding job by a competant service rifle armorer will cost a few hundred dollars, all you have to do is figure out how often you want to pay that fee (and the down time without the rifle) versus the cost of the lugged reciever.

For some guys who shoot a lot, the cost is worth it.  For most shooters, especially the casual ones, it's not very cost effective.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 4:51:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it's worth it, you'll know it. If you have to wonder about it, it's not worth it. It's pretty much exclusively for long range service rifle legal M14's/M1A's. A properly built double lugged gun will win 1000yd matches at Camp Perry with the right shooter, but then again, so will a glass bedded rear-lug and maybe even a no-lug.

Tony.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:24:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a double lug Clint Fowler gun. It knocks steel at 1000 with irons.  Shes a bad bitch with the sadlak, vortex and bipods
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top