Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2014 7:43:38 AM EDT
Had some time yesterday so I took the SA CMP Special Grade out to test the Greek surplus from Widners.

FYI- I did a corrosion test on tis suff and it appears that it is not. (Pulled a bullet and popped a primer on bare stell, three days later and no rust.) YMMV

Anyway, love me tender

100 yards

The tool

One clip off sand bag to check zero

4 clips offhand. I used to be better

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 7:47:00 AM EDT
[#1]
It's Dead, Jim
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 7:57:25 AM EDT
[#2]

that greek ammo has a HXP headstamp?  yeah its not corrosive.

that's a nice rifle and its capable of multiple X's with reloads.

ETA. I admire your wood splinter utilization skills.

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 8:00:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

that greek ammo has a HXP headstamp?  yeah its not corrosive.

View Quote

that's a nice rifle and its capable of multiple X's with reloads.

ETA. I admire your wood splinter utilization skills.

Got to range with no stapler. DOH!

Used some binder clips on top and stabbed the bottom with da splinters.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 12:04:00 AM EDT
[#4]
If you ask me, that's some good shooting offhand.  Off hand is the hardest.  I feel like I only really shoot well, prone, sitting or the bench.  Get me off hand and I'm struggling.  I have shot some deer offhand, but I'm guessing it was luck and the fact that the rifles I used had light triggers.  LOL.  

For some reason when I shoot my Garand offhand, I really have to fight the flinch.  And not win.  Not sure why.  I'm not real big or strong and the fatigue might get to me.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 3:48:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

For some reason when I shoot my Garand offhand, I really have to fight the flinch.  And not win.  Not sure why.  I'm not real big or strong and the fatigue might get to me.
View Quote

I've found dry-fire drills help a lot with controlling the offhand flinch.  As far as being big and strong, I am... and get fatigued anyway when I get sloppy and start trying to muscle the rifle around instead of supporting it properly using bone structure.

Sitting has been the worst for me, lately.  Just having a hard time finding that natural, reasonably comfortable position, repeatably.

But practice, fundamentals... it's a constant progression.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 4:26:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

If you ask me, that's some good shooting offhand.  Off hand is the hardest.  I feel like I only really shoot well, prone, sitting or the bench.  Get me off hand and I'm struggling.  I have shot some deer offhand, but I'm guessing it was luck and the fact that the rifles I used had light triggers.  LOL.  
View Quote

I just remind myself that I'm part of the machine, the recoil won't injure me, and focus on the squeeze (having a long neck in prone sucks, though - fat lip after matches). Make sure the stock is in the shoulder firmly and roll with the punch.

ETA: that'll do, OP.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top