Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2014 3:50:55 PM EDT
Anybody know what a Sage M14ALCS/CV (from their SECOND run of civilian released Navy Seal coloring batch) and a USMC M39 overrun stock is worth? I have had them for years and dont foresee myself building a super accurate M14 with either of them like I thought I would.

ETA:

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 4:50:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Consider this a tag. The new production M14ALCS/CV chassis's are about $800. I'd be curious as to what the M39 chassis sells for--those don't come up for sale every day. Do you have pics?
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 7:49:36 PM EDT
[#2]
2nd Gen Mod 1 stock had an LRB M14 Tanker mounted but never torqued to spec or fired.

M39 stock was unpacked and then lived in the safe.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:17:04 PM EDT
[#3]
The M39 stock is not actually a true USMC M39 stock.  The real M39's used a grey anodized stock, not tan.   They can be had for $769 from Clyde Armory right now:  http://clydearmory.com/sage-flat-dark-earth-ebr-stock.html

The other one is a bit harder to find.  Good luck with the sale.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:42:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The M39 stock is not actually a true USMC M39 stock.  The real M39's used a grey anodized stock, not tan.   They can be had for $769 from Clyde Armory right now:  http://clydearmory.com/sage-flat-dark-earth-ebr-stock.html

View Quote

There are real, tan anodized EMR stocks out there. The fact that his top rail doesn't extend all the way to the rear is correct, but I believe there should also be a spacer in the buttpad, which his does not have.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:17:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Not sure when the spacer came in, I see pictures both with and without the spacers. The only EMR I ever saw was through the window at the armory, never got to play with one though. When I bought that stock it was being billed as an EMR overrun. Still looking for my receipts, I think I bought them both from Clyde's but I'm not certain anymore.

Interesting.

Not sure if I'm going to sell these or not. Mostly I was just curious if it was worth my time to try to sell them or if I should just put them back in storage.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 6:36:58 AM EDT
[#6]
The EMR stock showed up in a few different colors.
The first one I saw at Clyde's was more of a light chocolate brown.
Others are a darker gun metal grey, and others are closer to Navy Seal Grey, as pictured below.
Note the butt stock spacers... There may be other shades out there...

A gen II Mod 1 with a brown EMR

An original 1 of 11 gen I Mod 1 over a gen II Mod 1

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:06:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anybody know what a Sage M14ALCS/CV (from their SECOND run of civilian released Navy Seal coloring batch) and a USMC M39 overrun stock is worth? I have had them for years and dont foresee myself building a super accurate M14 with either of them like I thought I would.

ETA:
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh29/HawkCreek_photos/Guns/DSCN1388_zpsb50caf29.jpg
View Quote

Just to tell you that pistol grip on that m39 stock is worth a lot in itself. The current production is with the ergo grip and the classic plastic (polymer?) grip is no longer made. I called Tammy from Sage and she informed me they do not make any more of these and that any one out there has to be bought.

So my two cents is to sell the grip separately for the m39 Marine stock and get the sage ergo grip and put it on there and then sell the stock. You'd get more that way.

Also I'd buy the grip from you if you don't want it and I can mail you my ergo grip after I install it for free. Just pm me the price. Not sure if we are allowed to do transaction outside.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top