Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:22:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Dump the plastic and get a nice walnut stock, also replace the flash hider with one with a bayo lug.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:42:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A pawn-shop special G26 that I got chhheeeeep (< $275.00). Traded the guy even for it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
One more part down....got a minty Aimpoint CompM2 (4moa) today!

Oooooh, that's exciting.  How much did it set you back?

A pawn-shop special G26 that I got chhheeeeep (< $275.00). Traded the guy even for it.

Not bad.  A good sacrifice I think.  hehehe
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 11:13:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, it's been a busy past few weeks. I will be adding a tan Magpul MS sling and a tan Hornady cheek rest, then it will be complete. It really is a handy set up, I fired it a quick 3 shots during a hog hunt last weekend just as a function check, and it works flawlessly. I really, really like it.

A poster above mentioned ditching the stock and adding a flash-hider with bayonet lug, but I think I am keeping the stock as-is for the moment. The bedliner I sprayed it with feels excellent and the stock is lightweight with minimal flex to it with just standard sling pressure. I don't immediately see the advantage of having a bayonet lug except to add weight. I didn't once need a bayonet lug in Afghanistan, and I doubt I will need one here, but if there is an advantage to having a USGI flash-hider, then I would consider it. Who knows, though....I don't think I have ever truly had a rifle I was truly "done" with.

Here is the latest update:

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:48:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Most recommendations to ditch the plastic stock stem from the fact that the M1A can be finiky and the plastic stock can add to that. A good wood stock with a tight lock up can improve the rifles accuracy and help to maintain a consistant zero. I have a nice USGI glass stock. And a fat Springfield walnut stock. My rifle shoots better in the walnut. And most rifles do. YMMV though. Either way you do have a nice setup. And what really matters is if your happy with it. And if it meets your expectations
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 2:11:50 PM EDT
[#5]
That is a sweet set up.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 5:27:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I am already thinking about a future Scout or Socom....with a suppressor!
View Quote

I like the sound of that.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top