Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2014 9:07:41 PM EDT
So, I ordered an M1A, Springfield MA9222, walnut stock, carbon barrel, Loaded model. Anything I need besides some CMI mags and some ammo? I have an M1, so I'm not unfamiliar with this new rifle, I'd think.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats on the new purchase. Mags and ammo are all you really need my friend. My M-1A is my favorite rifle.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:59:11 PM EDT
[#2]
A good cleaning kit with some grease for the op-rod and roller, but other than that, ammo and mags are about it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 6:04:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Ammunition and magazines...

CMI 20 rounders here - Sponsored Retailer

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:20:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ammunition and magazines...

CMI 20 rounders here - Sponsored Retailer

View Quote

Thank you, sir. I needed that, as well.....seeing as how I am getting a new M1A tomorrow, too!
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 8:06:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Update: finally uploaded a pic. This rifle is really nice.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 3:00:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool pic.  Nice rifle.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 8:22:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got the same thing a few weeks ago, replaced the flash suppressor with USGI bayo lug unit and swapped extractor and spring also with USGI model.

Don't know if extractor swap was necessary but do love the look of the lugged flash suppressor, ordered the flash suppressor from Treeline M14.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 8:28:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just got the same thing a few weeks ago, replaced the flash suppressor with USGI bayo lug unit and swapped extractor and spring also with USGI model.

Don't know if extractor swap was necessary but do love the look of the lugged flash suppressor, ordered the flash suppressor from Treeline M14.
View Quote

I also bought a USGI extractor and spring, but I'm just keeping it in the stock with a .30-06 case if it ever breaks.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 10:51:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I also bought a USGI extractor and spring, but I'm just keeping it in the stock with a .30-06 case if it ever breaks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Next time that you're at a range, pick up a .40 Cal Pistol case and a 12 ga shotgun shell. Packed with grease, the .40 Cal case is the perfect size for greasing your bolt roller (clean out the grit and dirt from the case before using).  Punch out the primer from the 12 ga case and run a drill bit through the flash hole slightly larger than your cleaning rod. Next, cut off the petals from the front of the case. You now have a cleaning rod guide that is a perfect fit for the M14/M1A  flash suppressor.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 12:47:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is a good plan.  I've been shooting both my M1A's for over 10 years now and the usgi parts are still waiting to be put in service.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top