Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2014 11:51:19 PM EDT
Dropped the paperwork in the mail today. Now to see how long it takes.

Ordered a field grade and a service grade. With shipping, Ohio sales tax, totals out to $1440 and change.

This will bring my Garand collection to 4, I already have a .308 match gun and a DCM(yeah that's right) that would probably be classed as a very good service grade today.

BTW, the DCM rifle was ordered the month before they raised the price from $165 to an outrageous $250
Think about how long ago that had to have been! Just means I'm an old fart, I guess.

Don in Ohio

9/11/14
Email from customer service confirming order. They say ship time 60-90 days. We'll see what happens.

9/18/14
They aren't wasting time, they dinged my credit card yesterday 9/17
They received my order on 9/8, so 9 days past that.
Really moving along!

Still 9/18/14
Damn!!
Just checked my email account and they have posted a shipping notice with a tracking number!

9/19/14
FedX dropped two rifles off with my wife at 09:45
Got home at 15:00 to find;
1. service grade, 5.9 mill serial # decent clean issue wood, nice finish, ME1 and TE2! Not bad at all!
1. Field grade, 3.4 mill serial#, filthy, beat to hell wood, grimey worn metal, rear sight inop, ME3 and TE4,  Probably can be Salvaged . I've got new wood and will have to get a new barrel. Will also need a rear sight pinon, the op-rod is going to be a "wait and see" item. With the exception of the rear sight elevation dial, everything seems functional. Another project, Yippee!

16 days, start to finish, what's stopping you? (Order at least a service grade, the extra $100.00 is worth the difference.)

Don in Ohio
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:37:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Orders have been flying out the door, just got my Service Grade SA yesterday and it took less than a month, the thing is practically a CMP special.

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 3:39:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I'd heard that the delay between order and delivery was decreasing. I'm hoping that ordering 2 different grades at once doesn't slow the process any. No reason I can see that it would, but you never know what snags there may be.

I've got a new (well,never used,20 years old) laminated camo (grn,blk,brn,tan) stock set and I'd sure prefer the field grade to have decent barrel and so-so stock rather than the other way around.

I will update the OP as this progresses in case anyone is interested.

Don in Ohio
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 3:52:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I got 2 in yesterday and they both sported CMP wood, NOS barrels, and were freshly parked.  I have enough shooters already, so these will probably go up for trade locally.  I'll use my last 2 Garand purchases for FG and hope for something more worn with GI wood.  Super nice rifles, but not what I was looking for.  They will be great shooters though
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 5:23:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got 2 in yesterday and they both sported CMP wood, NOS barrels, and were freshly parked.  I have enough shooters already, so these will probably go up for trade locally.  I'll use my last 2 Garand purchases for FG and hope for something more worn with GI wood.  Super nice rifles, but not what I was looking for.  They will be great shooters though
View Quote

I got a all SA (albeit not all year correct) 1945 a couple weeks back when I switched my HRA order. Sports GI wood, too. I like rifles with a bit of character and this one has just enough. Ordered a 2nd about 2 weeks back and hoping for another nice example. If I don't love what I get I'll sell it and try again just like you. Rape it of any correct parts for the other though.  ;)
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 12:27:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Orders have been flying out the door, just got my Service Grade SA yesterday and it took less than a month, the thing is practically a CMP special.

<a href="http://s1353.photobucket.com/user/manbearpack/library/Garand?sort=6&page=1 " target="_blank">http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q664/manbearpack/Garand/P1000844_zps8a098d01.jpg</a>
View Quote

One month?  I placed my order in June and it has been in the estore since the beginning of July.  I still do not have it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 12:30:33 PM EDT
[#6]
25 days wait on my cmp special 308
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:25:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Alexfiggy:

I'll wait for my rifles to arrive before I decide whether or not I hate you.

Nice looking M-1

Don in Ohio
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 3:26:45 PM EDT
[#8]
You should contact them. I mailed my paperwork day after memorial day. I was patiently waiting while people that placed orders MONTHS after mine were getting theirs. Somehow I fell through the cracks and was never offered the switch to the SA instead of the HRA. I emailed customer service and had my rifle 5 days later.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 3:27:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1353.photobucket.com/user/manbearpack/library/Garand?sort=6&page=1 " target="_blank">http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q664/manbearpack/Garand/P1000844_zps8a098d01.jpg</a>
View Quote

This is with a CMP stock, correct? Any plan for refinishing or oiling it? I just opened mine today and I want to make it darker.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 5:52:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This is with a CMP stock, correct? Any plan for refinishing or oiling it? I just opened mine today and I want to make it darker.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes thats a new CMP stock on it, I may throw some tung oil on it, but thats a project for another day.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:03:42 PM EDT
[#11]
They aren't wasting time, they dinged my credit card yesterday 9/17
They received my order on 9/8, so 9 days past that.
Really moving along.

Don in Ohio
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:32:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:36:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Since they've eliminated the Service Grades by manufacturer and just lumped them all together they really seem to be pushing them out the door in short order.

Hopefully this means they can get caught up to the back log and re-stock the stores.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:36:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh yeah, they definitely forgot about me. Out of town til Tuesday (day 15) but then they're getting a call.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:04:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Update in OP
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Let me know when you are heading out to long shot . We can ring some steel at 500 yard range.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:43:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Unreal, I'm still waiting on an order they received on 6/6.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top