Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2014 3:51:42 AM EDT
I have Fulton Armory building me one of their "enhanced service rifles", and a brookfield scope mount on order from Sadlak. I really want a scope that's good for both short and medium distances (50 through 500 yards). Anything closer than 50 yards I can probably just use the iron sight channel integrated into the brookfield mount. I have sort of settled on the 2x-10x variable power area. Vortex makes a 2.5-10 power version of their PST scope line, and Nightforce's NXS Compact line has a couple scopes of that same magnification. Right now I'm stuck between the two, but there have to be more choices than just those two out there. I saw the Leupold VX6 2-10 scopes, but they dont have the tactical style elevation turrets with a zero stop which is what I really want on a scope. I also need something tough as nails that'll hold a zero even after being dropped on its head. I know the Nightforces are that tough, not sure about the Vortex PST's though. Any input is appreciated!
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 4:08:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I am a huge fan of the Leupold Mark IV Tactical scopes. All four of my M14 rifles mount them. They are what you will see 90% of the time in photos of our military using on their M14 rifles, although S&B and Nightforce (mostly on bolt guns) are in use as well.

Of the Mark IV line, my favorite is the 3.5-10x40 MM with the M3 turrets. That would suit your needs well. Rugged, combat proven, and a lifetime warranty. They are expensive but, for the price point you get an excellent optic without the crazy expensive cost of a S&B. Nightforce are above the Mark IV's in price also but I don't agree that they are worth the extra.

That's my recommendation to you FWIW.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top