Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2014 8:51:26 PM EDT
Looking to get a m1a for a gift to myself when I get home from the sandbox and was wondering if Fulton armory is any good. They look expensive but I was hoping to get some insight from you all such as if anyone has one or has any other personal recommendations. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:52:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Some people like these better.  

I don't know - I gave up on trying to decide on an M1A and went with an FAL.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:46:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I went with this company. Their builds are outstanding.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:34:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I have had 2 built using their receiver and my USGI parts kits. Bulder stated they went together very easy. They both shoot great.

I think their complete rifles are a little high (in price) but it will perform. You may want to wait until they put a sale on (maybe Labor Day) as they give a 10% discount.

Just my .02
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:05:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have had 2 built using their receiver and my USGI parts kits. Bulder stated they went together very easy. They both shoot great.

I think their complete rifles are a little high (in price) but it will perform. You may want to wait until they put a sale on (maybe Labor Day) as they give a 10% discount.

Just my .02
View Quote

Depending where he is in Ohio, FA is doing 10% off everything ay Perry, with no sales tax, either, to celebrate their 20th anniversary there.

I'm pretty sure that includes rifles, but you might want to check with them.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:36:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
FA is doing 10% off everything ay Perry, with no sales tax, either, to celebrate their 20th anniversary there.

View Quote

That's not a bad deal.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:11:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I think ill just run up to camp Perry and get one
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:13:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Depending where he is in Ohio, FA is doing 10% off everything ay Perry, with no sales tax, either, to celebrate their 20th anniversary there.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just my .02

20th?  You sure that's right?  I think I remember them there as far back as the '80s.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:08:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Fulton Armory is top notch...buy with confidence. I own a FA M14, M1 Carbine and AR10 Titan...all perfect, reliable and accurate. Clint McKee (owner of FA) wrote a book on the matter.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:12:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That's not a bad deal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FA is doing 10% off everything ay Perry, with no sales tax, either, to celebrate their 20th anniversary there.

That's not a bad deal.

I bought FA metal SR25 mags for $18/ea.

I consider that a FANTASTIC deal.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:14:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

20th?  You sure that's right?  I think I remember them there as far back as the '80s.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just my .02

Might be 30th, I cannot remember which anniversary it is but I know they are taking 10% off "everything"

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:15:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I think ill just run up to camp Perry and get one
View Quote

Depending on how close you are, I'd call to make sure their rifles are included in the discount, just to be sure.

Otherwise, great plan!
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:22:04 AM EDT
[#12]
My brother has one of their AR's and it has worked well and is nice.  

I think they're initial cost is a bit more, but it might be worth it.  I think they put out quality stuff.  I think he had them do some work on one of his AR's too.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:29:30 AM EDT
[#13]
In 1999 I bought two USGI receivers from the CMP for about $225 each.  In 2000 I had Fulton Armory build me two rifles on those receivers. One in .308 and one in .30-06. They cost $799.95 each plus an extra $24.95 for the .308 version.

I also sent in two $25.00 CMP M14 trigger groups for NM trigger mods to use in my M1A's.

Great work at a fair price. unfortunately prices have increased alot since then.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:31:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Chances of finding a GI Parts Kit for a build are slim to none. I had my Kit build on a FA Receiver and came out sweet. An alternative worth looking at is http://www.jamesriverarmory.com/rockola-m-14.html
They are making bolts as well and @ $175 beats the crap out of $350+ for a TRW.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:12:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Looking to get a m1a for a gift to myself when I get home from the sandbox and was wondering if Fulton armory is any good. They look expensive but I was hoping to get some insight from you all such as if anyone has one or has any other personal recommendations. Thanks.
View Quote

They are a legit company.  I had my ebr built by them. I also had my m1 garand built by them. I also got a ar15 stripped lower. So I have most of my rifles built by them. My biggest issue is that their time estimation sucks. That is fine but the lack of communicating this to customers is a bit disturbing. I had my garand estimated to 6-8 weeks, it took them 12 weeks to do but that was because I was going out of country and called them. They were super understand and said they'd get it done. I really liked them for that but otherwise that is my only negative complaint. Be sure to clear out your calendar and if you go peerless be prepared to wait a year or longer.

Otherwise the day you get it you'll be in love. The ffl I used the one guy couldn't wait to open it and look when I got the garand. A few people in the store even began to look and wanted to know. Your rifle will gather a crowd at the range.

My garand is a tanker model. The reciever is stamped Springfiield on the inside so it leads to to believe the reciever is really originally gi but stamped on the rear with fulton armory.

My ebr and garand both came with a signed book by the builder. I have it on the book stand.

Highly recommended to wait around holidays to order as they generally give 10% off anything.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:39:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Back when rec.guns was active and I knew less than squat, Clint helpped me on rec.guns and over the phone to fix a Bluesky M1 I got cheap. Been giving him my cash ever since.

Had them upgrade my loadded to all USGI and NM specs in a McMillian Stock. My 4 complaints were that the gas nut was loose and full of tetra solvent (piston area) the rear sight needed one click for correct tension (my hat was bumping my elevation down during fire) and the bedding had a small void a non crtical area (ie just cosmetic). Never made contact with them over the issues as the rifle was now a 1.25 moa rifle (from about 2.5) and I "fixed" the rather small issues.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:25:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Generally the recommendations I see are:

LRB Arms or Smith Enterprises if money is no object
James River Armory if you want a slightly cheaper build with good quality

I'd go with LRB if I wanted to spoil myself personally.  I see them recommended a ton.

Over on m14forum they don't seem to recommend Fulton nearly as much for some reason.  Googling I read something about Fulton armory having soft bolts... not sure what's up with that or if it's true.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:07:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Generally the recommendations I see are:

LRB Arms or Smith Enterprises if money is no object
James River Armory if you want a slightly cheaper build with good quality

I'd go with LRB if I wanted to spoil myself personally.  I see them recommended a ton.

Over on m14forum they don't seem to recommend Fulton nearly as much for some reason.  Googling I read something about Fulton armory having soft bolts... not sure what's up with that or if it's true.
View Quote

Some years back, Arfcom overwhelmingly support and recommended ARMS, and Bushmaster.  

I can some up my opinion of internet forum groupthink with one word:  Bonjour.

For every one person with actual experience, you have hundreds parroting what they read, and twisting it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:32:44 AM EDT
[#19]
I also have bushmaster with ARMS mounts.

It gets its ass kicked in matches by a olypimic arms with millet mounts and a leoupold turkey scope.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:44:26 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote

Heavy pricetags, very long wait times, and and an overbearing internet presence.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top