Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2014 1:55:09 PM EDT
I am mounting a Leupold Mark 4 10x40mm LR/T M3 model 47638 30mm tube.
I am using a ARMS 18 ,Will Badger low .823 rings let the scope clear the rear sight.
or do I need higher rings? Mounting on LRB M14
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 2:39:16 PM EDT
[#1]

You did not mention what rifle>   Yes low badger rings will work with a 40 mm objective howerver sometimes it is better to allow more space for flip up caps one must know what rifle and base.  The Arms 19 is a quick detach system. Better to go with La Rue quick detach system.  
NOTE :  with the Leupold M3 scope  DO NOT USE A  PLUS 20 moa  base use a 0 moa base   a flat base because you will not be able to use elevation adjustment to correct being 20 inches high at 100 yds with a Plus 20 moa base.

CLEAR THE REAR SIGHT  ----- ON  WHAT?  ---- Probably NOT.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 8:00:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Assuming this was always in the m1 and M14 forum. I'm betting it's an M14 he's talking about.  

I have a smith mount weaver style mount with Leupold QRW lows which are about as low rings as you can find.  The smith is higher than the ARMS mount but the combination has to be close   On mine my sight must be down on the bottom,  I think I can click it up 3 or 4 clicks before they touch.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:06:24 AM EDT
[#3]
The LaRue ultra-low rings (LT719) worked great with my EBR, if that helps at all. They are .875 according to the website.

It does not look like there is a half inch of leeway available for those 0.823 Badger rings would work. If I were you, I would go with those LaRue rings. They're obviously rock solid, and the height over bore was perfect. If you don't need QD ones, then the "regular" mount is $50 cheaper.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:29:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I might have it figured out

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:14:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top