Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2014 7:13:25 AM EDT
I have read that the CMP is about the only place to buy sub $1000 M1 Garand rifles.  After checking them out, I see that they are sold out of all but the most expensive of the bunch.  Is there anyplace else that sells less expensive Garand rifles?  I'm looking for one to send off to Schuffs Parkerizing to get the Mini-G treatment.  It would be a shame to ruin an M1 in $1200-$3000 shape.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 7:29:04 AM EDT
[#1]
They should have one variety of Service grades for around $625.  HRA are in-stock now I believe.

Link

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 1:52:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have read that the CMP is about the only place to buy sub $1000 M1 Garand rifles.  After checking them out, I see that they are sold out of all but the most expensive of the bunch.  Is there anyplace else that sells less expensive Garand rifles?  I'm looking for one to send off to Schuffs Parkerizing to get the Mini-G treatment.  It would be a shame to ruin an M1 in $1200-$3000 shape.
View Quote

Just get a service grade for $625 + shipping.  Another option is to find an agent on the CMP forums to pick out a field grade.  They also have some stripped "C" grade receivers that you could order and have Shuff quote you for the rest of the parts, though that would be a more expensive option than the service or field grade rifles.  If you mailorder a service grade, it will likely be 4 or 5 months before you actually receive it.  Another option is to check out the CMP forums and post a WTB ad or take a look at the following links:

EE AD #1

EE AD #2
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 1:55:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They should have one variety of Service grades for around $625.  HRA are in-stock now I believe.

Link

View Quote

Back ordered. Looking at about 4-5 months for an HRA. I had one and changed my order to a Special grade for $995
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 6:17:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Back ordered. Looking at about 4-5 months for an HRA. I had one and changed my order to a Special grade for $995
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

They are not back-ordered...4-5 months is just the processing time since they have so many orders.  If it shows on the site that they are accepting orders, it is in-stock.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 6:22:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They are not back-ordered...4-5 months is just the processing time since they have so many orders.  If it shows on the site that they are accepting orders, it is in-stock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

Read through the CMP forums. They are back ordered and have to go pull more out of storage and grade. They know they have them so they're accepting orders.

They are substituting Springfields for the HRA orders because they are so far behind on pulling them and grading.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 10:45:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I sent my paperwork and it was received 6/27.  It's been 2 weeks (granted, last week was the 4th), and my order hasn't even made it to the E-store yet.  Gives you an idea of just how backlogged they probably are.  

If you need it NOW! then look elsewhere. I have a feeling I'll be waiting longer than the estimated 60 days which is fine by me to get a bargain M1.  Just wish I knew generally when it was going to smack around my credit card.  My only regret is I didn't order 2!
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 9:20:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Just order an HRA.
Best deal around.
Before you know it, you will have one.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 5:31:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

Get your paperwork around and hire an agent to go to one of the stores for you.  The North Store @ Camp Perry has been putting out a few Rack and Field grade guns each day.  

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 6:44:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Road trip to camp perry and pick one out on the spot. Used to be there would be a large variety there to choose from but now it is slim pickings
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 8:04:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I sent my paperwork and it was received 6/27.  It's been 2 weeks (granted, last week was the 4th), and my order hasn't even made it to the E-store yet.  Gives you an idea of just how backlogged they probably are.  

If you need it NOW! then look elsewhere. I have a feeling I'll be waiting longer than the estimated 60 days which is fine by me to get a bargain M1.  Just wish I knew generally when it was going to smack around my credit card.  My only regret is I didn't order 2!
View Quote

That's very strange. I mailed mine 05/27, received 05/29, and it was in the E-Store 06/03. 3 business days after it was received.

FWIW : As of yesterday they were processing orders for HRA rifles from 03/31.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Look around. My LGS has a few HRAs for $775.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 8:35:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That's very strange. I mailed mine 05/27, received 05/29, and it was in the E-Store 06/03. 3 business days after it was received.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My order dropped today 7/15 on the Estore finally. Maybe they held me back because I ordered other items in addition to the rifle. Regardless, they split up the order into 3, all TBD.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 9:57:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Between 2007 and 2013, I have ordered six M1s through the CMP.  The average wait time for them to arrive has been about 3 months.  The exceptions were the two M1 Carbines I won on auction.  Those arrived in about a month.  I also put in an order on June 3rd for one of the limited quantity IHCs, and I think I should have that rifle this coming week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top