Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2014 2:42:24 PM EDT
HI guys and gals. I'm not sure if this is the correct sub forum for my questions but here goes. My wife's uncle recently passed away and being the family gun nut, I was tasked with establishing a value for his M1 carbine. It doesn't have armory stamps all over it like my Garand. I've never really been intrigued by these rifles so never put any effort into finding info on them. Can someone help direct me to a website that will help me determine what we have?

I have googled to no avail. I did find a helpful date of mfg and the barrel seems to be correct for the rifle. It does have Blue Sky Arlington VA stamped on the barrel.

Thank you for any help.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 4:34:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Im no expert. But Blue sky is the importer. The manufactor should be under the rear site  or just behind it. It's hard to see normally.The rear site kinda covers it up. Thats if it USGI. There are some commercial copys out there.  But being  Blue sky sounds like  a retrun USGI.  Dates stamped all over the rifle really don't matter. They praboly was rearsenaled anyway through time. The receiver  is the only date you should  be concerned with. Thats easy enough when you pull the manufactor and serial number. You can find the make date with that info.. Good luck Wardawg
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 4:52:32 PM EDT
[#2]
There was a blue sky m1 carbine at a LGS a month ago for $600.  It was gone two weeks later.  I think these run a couple hundred less that CMP carbines.  Those locally have started at $850.  Don't know if that helps or applies to your area.

You could see what similar guns are selling for on gunbrokers.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:05:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Blue Sky later to become Arlington Ordnance was the importer as stated above.  The name change was because of the carbines and Garands they brought in. They stamped the barrel so hard on some rifles it actually pushed the bore in a bit! So check that it will affect the value. I think $600 is a fair price unless the gun and parts have original finish. They were $130 wholesale when brought in.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 8:38:48 PM EDT
[#4]
You could post some photos, serial range, and drawing numbers and stamps from some of the parts, you could get a more accurate estimate.  $600 is a decent price, could be more, could be less, depending.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 6:08:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Pics go a long ways in situations like this. Blue sky was hit or miss big time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top