Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2014 10:15:19 AM EDT
Been looking for a deal on some used mags. Can get CMI 's new for $25 shipped at .44mag.com  so why so expensive on the EE ? I don't get it .
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 10:21:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Buy from 44mag.com and be done with it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 1:01:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This, people are still trying to recoup their losses from panic buying. If you want Checkmate industries (CMI) 25 rounders they are $22.50 over at Palmetto Sate armory.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 7:14:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been ordering a few each week from 44mag. With free shipping there is no need to order all at once.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 6:38:39 AM EDT
[#4]
GOOD TO GO ON 44 MAG.COM
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 1:33:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a thread (now on page 2) asking where to get M1A mags.  All 4/5 responses were 44mag.com.  I followed the advice and am waiting for them to come in.  And, yes, the prices on the EE are the same if not more than new magazines.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 6:16:54 AM EDT
[#6]
During the Clintion ban IIRC I think I paind near 70 each for GI magazines from SA INC.

Then I found for USA magazines (do not buy) for 19.99 and made them work.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 7:04:50 AM EDT
[#7]
FPNI. People don't realize how overpriced their stuff is. That, or they're being selfish and waiting for an uneducated buyer. Oh what I would give for 24 hours of ad stomping on the EE
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 5:43:50 PM EDT
[#8]
It's the same with Armalite AR-10 mags, people are wanting more than I can get them shipped from Armalite and there is a company that is selling them cheaper than what Armalite does in the bundle pack. Buy where you can get them cheaper at...
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 8:33:54 PM EDT
[#9]
You should always shop around a little to check current prices before buying.

I especially like beat up , rusty used magazines on a gun show table that are WAY overpriced when you can have brand new ones delivered to your door for considerable less.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 4:16:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Been looking for a deal on some used mags. Can get CMI 's new for $25 shipped at .44mag.com  so why so expensive on the EE ? I don't get it .
View Quote

Problem is asides from SA and CMI there aren't any manufacturers out there making decent m1a mags. Even then you're saving 5 bucks if that. I get my mags either from fulton armory(they have 10% off sales nearly every holiday), brownells, midwayusa, or 44mag.

Playing around with a mystery mag I got from cdnnsports I notice the springs are longer and stronger than the cmi/gi brands. It has reliability issues where rounds start flying out the mags like popcorn if you drop it lightly on a table or something like falling out a gun bag into a table. The mags also can't load all 20 rounds. Good news is the body of the mag is decent and the followers are nice. I use it as a spare part follower for my lod gi mags I got that had a bent follower. Otherwise  the amount you pay to fix up a non usgi brand is about the same if you just shelled out the 25-28 bucks.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 4:20:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You should always shop around a little to check current prices before buying.

I especially like beat up , rusty used magazines on a gun show table that are WAY overpriced when you can have brand new ones delivered to your door for considerable less.
View Quote

I love the beat up used gi mags as well. I buy the from fulton armory. You can get a used gi mag for 49.99. They are from various manufacturers either brw, w, and one other I got. Check them out if you like the old real gi mags. I just ordered 3 more myself.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 9:06:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/10/2014 5:53:22 PM EDT
[#13]
thanks for the 44mag info about free shipping and $25 each. just ordered one, and will order one or two from time to time. cool
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 10:47:00 PM EDT
[#14]
CMI 25 rd mags at Palmetto State Armory for under $23.

This is about as good as it gets, and 1 year ago I would have bought out everyone they had.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:41:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
CMI 25 rd mags at Palmetto State Armory for under $23.

This is about as good as it gets
View Quote

I normally don't comment on market prices for M14 items but in this case I give the buy signal with two thumbs up.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
FPNI. People don't realize how overpriced their stuff is. That, or they're being selfish and waiting for an uneducated buyer. Oh what I would give for 24 hours of ad stomping on the EE
View Quote

A fool and his money are soon parted.  I don't feel too upset over someone paying too much for an item.  If you don't like to do your homework and shop around, that's the price you pay.  

The internet is so great in finding deals, so in this day and age, it's personal responsibility in not researching something before you buy.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:26:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote
I just scored 9 NIW CMIs and 1 opened CMI (all 20 rounders) in the EE for $156 delivered.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:44:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not sure what EE is but I ordered a lot of M1A mags from 44mag and really like them.

Keep in mind the CMI mags are probably the only USA mil-spec made M1A mag that I know of that is currently in production. I'm not sure where or what Springfield uses or if it's in house made. So if the site is saying that it's something "special" or "W" stamped, I would be very careful in ordering from that place. I ordered a m1a mag from a site and it was a fake W stamped and it didn't even work correctly.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 3:04:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Not sure what EE is but I ordered a lot of M1A mags from 44mag and really like them.

Keep in mind the CMI mags are probably the only USA mil-spec made M1A mag that I know of that is currently in production. I'm not sure where or what Springfield uses or if it's in house made. So if the site is saying that it's something "special" or "W" stamped, I would be very careful in ordering from that place. I ordered a m1a mag from a site and it was a fake W stamped and it didn't even work correctly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

EE is this site's for sale section, the Equipment Exchange with a gazillion subsections.  

Springfield Inc. buys it's mags from CMI with the SAInc. markings on them.   Save your money I says and buy the CMI at 44mag.  The W's are mostly clones when you see them.  Poor ones at that.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 3:52:57 PM EDT
[#20]
If there's a surplus store in town I'd look there too. I picked up a CMI and a Borg-Warner for $5 each at the local surplus place. All of my other CMI's came from 44mag.com though. They are always the #1 recommended place when my friends are looking for mags.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:15:01 AM EDT
[#21]
I got some usgi m14 mags off the ee last year for I think less than $15 each. A few were a bit rusty, but that's because the guy was in guam. They work great and a little bit of naval jelly got the rust off. I still wonder how the guy got a hold of so many m14 mags over there.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:11:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I got some usgi m14 mags off the ee last year for I think less than $15 each. A few were a bit rusty, but that's because the guy was in guam. They work great and a little bit of naval jelly got the rust off. I still wonder how the guy got a hold of so many m14 mags over there.
View Quote

We have a military base there with airport and seaport there.  Lots of opportunities for USGI stuff to be surplussed, disposed of, disappeared.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top