Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/17/2014 2:43:40 PM EDT
And oh man am i excited

now the hard part starts. And i've heard anywhere from 1 to 3 months for wait times so who knows when i'll know anything

Mailed: 1-18-14

Let's start waiting!

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 2:45:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Worth the wait, my man. Worth the wait.

Nothing like the feel of the M1 Garand.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 2:46:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats!

I was just at the CMP South store yesterday. They told me they'd be caught up on backorders in about 2 months. I sure hope so because the store was pretty bare other than a bunch of drill rifles.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 3:17:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Ordered my Springfield special grade on 9/11. Still waiting!

They originally said 60-90 days, then emailed me to say over 120. Now I'm well over that... Kind of frustrating, but I know it will be worth it!
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 12:14:19 PM EDT
[#4]
They really are nice rifles.  You feel like you could win WWII yourself with one in your hands.

I've love to take a carbine course with my M1 and show the AR's how it used to get done.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 6:06:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm in the same boat, mailed out my stuff for my first garand this week, an SA Service Grade, I'm used to waiting for guns since I usually order through NRA Instructor programs. If you haven't already been there check out the CMP Forum, lots of helpful info there. Start looking for ammo now too.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 6:24:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I think my ones last year took about 4 months.  The HRA rifle had a new stock and new park job on metal parts.  Very Happy.  TE 2  ME 2
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 7:50:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Wait times per the CMP Forums are running up to 4-6 months depending on what you ordered
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 8:39:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I signed up and was hoping to go to Anniston to buy a rifle  Are there none to buy?
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 9:09:34 PM EDT
[#9]
You're stoked! You won't be disappointed. Last time I shot one was 43 years ago at the age of 14. The club that ran the marksmanship program I was in had a bunch. On Garand Day we took took them out and us kids got to hammer away box after box. The rest of the time we shot .22's so this was a big deal! Super fun gun even for a kid.

ETA Thanks OP this thread is going to cost me money.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 9:39:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I signed up and was hoping to go to Anniston to buy a rifle  Are there none to buy?
View Quote

Check the CMP forum, there is a section where people update the status of the stores or you can also call and I believe they will say what they have on the floor.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 9:47:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Wait till you get it, you will be stunned.  When I got my first Garand I could not believe it, people have become so use to plastic and lightweight crap, it is a piece of history and build like a battle rifle should be.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 10:48:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Looking through the wait times thread on the cmp forum it looks like around 2months right now. Not much I can do about it either way but that makes me hopeful. I also ordered a pack of enblocs and 200 rnds of the Greek hxp so I'll be waiting for that too. I've also been buying a box here and there of the American eagle m1 30-06, when I can. Damn expensive though

I've been planning on buying a garand for a while, then I bought band of brothers 2 weeks ago, and I've heard so many bam bam *ping*'s since then that I couldn't take it anymore
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 10:56:27 AM EDT
[#13]
I ordered a service grade sa and ammo and clips on 12/16. My ammo and clips shipped on Thursday, my rifle is still sitting at TBD. I'm like you super excited to see what I get. I wish I had got into the cmp years ago, but I also wish I had gotten into nfa  items and building from parts kits years ago too. The e store has ap 30-06 for $125 per can right now too, so might want to add one of those to the ammo fort.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 1:35:01 PM EDT
[#14]
If you are like most (me included) it will not be your last M1 purchase from the CMP. Make sure to post pictures when it arrives.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 3:07:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 5:13:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Looking through the wait times thread on the cmp forum it looks like around 2months right now. Not much I can do about it either way but that makes me hopeful. I also ordered a pack of enblocs and 200 rnds of the Greek hxp so I'll be waiting for that too. I've also been buying a box here and there of the American eagle m1 30-06, when I can. Damn expensive though

I've been planning on buying a garand for a while, then I bought band of brothers 2 weeks ago, and I've heard so many bam bam *ping*'s since then that I couldn't take it anymore
View Quote

The ammo wait times are down from 2 months to a couple of weeks.
I love mine and I'm sure you will feel the same. It is my favorite.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 7:53:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Danson, you may want to order Canfield's new book about the M1 from CMP.  I got mine right away.  It will help during the wait to read all about your future rifle!  May also want to start collecting everything you'll need from a cleaning perspective or want from an accoutrement standpoint such as: bayonets, grenade launchers, flashhiders, a plethora of web gear, etc... Not to mention the previously described ammo.  I've got news for you, its hard to stop at just one!  Ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#18]
ordered a SG H & R..  took 2 months or so....  just got last week.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 7:13:47 PM EDT
[#19]
I received my Springfield Armory 308 M1 CMP Special on 11/22/13 and it took 43 days total which wasn't too bad.

Link Posted: 2/4/2014 12:43:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Nice special!
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 1:59:22 PM EDT
[#21]

According to the Canada Post website, my Garand should arrive here on Thursday.  I am as excited as a little kid on Christmas morning.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 5:16:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

According to the Canada Post website, my Garand should arrive here on Thursday.  I am as excited as a little kid on Christmas morning.
View Quote

The CMP ships to Canada?
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 8:44:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The CMP ships to Canada?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The CMP ships to Canada?

No.  I had a Garand built in Markham, Ontario.  The gunsmith shipped it back to me and it is scheduled to arrive on Thursday
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 10:02:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

No.  I had a Garand built in Markham, Ontario.  The gunsmith shipped it back to me and it is scheduled to arrive on Thursday
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The CMP ships to Canada?

Ah, I see.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 3:36:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Ah, I see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The CMP ships to Canada?

Ah, I see.

This is what I'm waiting for:

Link Posted: 2/5/2014 4:37:44 AM EDT
[#26]
We have 4 CMP Garand's with 2 more on the way.  As others have said, it is well worth the wait.  The AR's feel like a toy compared to the Garand, it has a presence and a history that you just don't get with other rifles.  

Besides, they are almost ban proof...which is good insurance
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 10:11:15 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote
This is exactly what happened to me... Bought BoB on Blu-Ray a few weeks back since my girlfriend had never seen it (she loved it, btw).  Sent in my paperwork on Friday.  

Waiting:

Link Posted: 2/5/2014 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm just glad I was able to get a Springfield before they ran out. It took a little over two months to get it. Arrived on Monday:

Link Posted: 2/5/2014 3:01:31 PM EDT
[#29]
The two springfield SGs I got on Tuesday were well worth the wait. Both WWII era rifles. One has the original '43 barrel with lockbar sights, nice USGI stock, and mostly correct with the exception of a WRA bolt.

The other is a Tooele rebuild that i doubt was ever used after the 8/68 rebuild it went through. Not a speck of grease or oil anywhere and an LMR barrel that gauges 0+

Link Posted: 2/5/2014 6:38:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The two springfield SGs I got on Tuesday were well worth the wait. Both WWII era rifles. One has the original '43 barrel with lockbar sights, nice USGI stock, and mostly correct with the exception of a WRA bolt.

The other is a Tooele rebuild that i doubt was ever used after the 8/68 rebuild it went through. Not a speck of grease or oil anywhere and an LMR barrel that gauges 0+

View Quote

Oh man, I would have been stoked to get the original lockbar sights on mine. I ended up picking up a set to put on it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 6:15:41 AM EDT
[#31]
DBU recieved!!! stoked, at least i know for sure they have my info now

M1 Garand SA SG
Order Number ???
Order sent: 1-17-14
DBU: 2-06-14
Estore:
CC hit:
Shipped:
Received:

this is gonna be a long winter/spring of waiting
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 9:41:24 AM EDT
[#32]

Those dirty commie fucks at Canada Post have delayed my rifle for yet another day
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 11:36:35 AM EDT
[#33]
I ordered the exact same day as you did.

I included about 3 pounds of chocolate with my order.  

Cant wait to get the rifle!
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 12:49:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Ugh, I couldn't help it, I sent off for an HRA today. I have some like new parts for the HRA so I figured I couldn't pass up the chance of putting them in an actual HRA rifle. The wait begins... again.
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 3:02:19 PM EDT
[#35]

Mine just arrived.

Link Posted: 2/7/2014 4:43:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Mine just arrived.

<a href="http://s641.photobucket.com/user/Fluffy9lives/media/20140207_1703081_zps8723a2d1.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu138/Fluffy9lives/20140207_1703081_zps8723a2d1.jpeg</a>
View Quote

Very nice! And beautiful dag, too.
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 5:08:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Mine just arrived.

<a href="http://s641.photobucket.com/user/Fluffy9lives/media/20140207_1703081_zps8723a2d1.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu138/Fluffy9lives/20140207_1703081_zps8723a2d1.jpeg</a>
View Quote

Wow, beautiful stock, what did you order?
Link Posted: 2/10/2014 4:09:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine just arrived.

It was a custom rifle that I had built.  It was built from an Italian Breda receiver and the wait almost drove me out of my mind.

If you do not have a Garand, just get one.   This rifle is everything I ever wanted and much more.  I can hardly wait to build more of them.

Link Posted: 2/11/2014 9:01:03 AM EDT
[#39]
My SA SG finally hit the e-store!  Now for some more waiting...
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 5:39:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I also ordered a pack of enblocs and 200 rnds of the Greek HXP
View Quote

You need to go back and order your other nine cans of HXP to make your limit for the year.  Or at least five more.  They recently raised the price for the first time in many years and reinstituted the ten can annual limit.  The signs are. . . . They are running out.  And I've heard not even a peep of a rumor about any more surplus abroad. All you'll be left with is that more expensive boxed commercial ammo.  I've got enough to keep my 03-A3 and Garands fed till I'm too old to shoot and leave some to my kids (if the little buggers ever showed any interest).

Stocking up on extinct milsurp ammo is a better investment than the stock market.  I'm glad I piled up the 8mm a few years ago.   Course this is all a topic for another thread.  Just sayin . . . . .
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 1:51:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Slow down...

The CMP has had a 10 can/year limit for at least 3 years. They've raised the price of ammo every year for the last 2 years. Sure, they may be running out (highly doubtful based on volunteer reports from the CMP forums), but even when the CMP runs out of ammo, the world is not over friends. Privi makes M2 ball ammo for not much more than the CMP sells the HXP. So dont think you need to go blow your wad and stock up on hxp ammo, it'll be around for awhile longer and even when it is gone, there are now commercial manufacturers making it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 4:39:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Sent out my order (mail) on 2/13/14 for an H&R service grade.
This is going to be a long wait, even if it gets here tomorrow. So excited.

And a question to those of you that have ordered one from the CMP, how will I know when it hits the e-store?
Email?

I also went and bought CoD: WaW to satisfy my need for PING! until she gets here
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 5:58:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

And a question to those of you that have ordered one from the CMP, how will I know when it hits the e-store?
Email?

View Quote

When you get your email from CMP verifying they received your order they will give you login info for you Estore account, from that point on you just check you account to see if a pending order has been added, not sure if they send an email when its added.
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 7:32:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Thanks for the info good sir.
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 4:03:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Waiting on mine too...

Service Grade Springfield...

Sent:         10 JAN 2014

Received:  13 JAN 2014

DBU:         23 JAN 2014

E-store:     14 FEB 2014

???????????????????????
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 11:39:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Sent mine in  a month ago and they have no record of it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 12:54:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same. Haven't received anything.
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 5:44:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are probably pretty backlogged right now, they had to close twice in the past few weeks because of weather.
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 5:55:57 PM EDT
[#49]
I've heard it takes that long, never had one take more than a month even when they are the busiest.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 3:02:25 PM EDT
[#50]
I never got a DBU for my 12/31 order but it finally hit the estore on 2/7

1/6 estore order will be here tomorrow

A 2.38 and a 2.51 winchester
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top