Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2009 10:19:02 AM EDT
Figured I would post this here. Any help would be great. I have a buddy who offered me his for $200. is it a good deal?
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 10:45:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 12:02:42 PM EDT
[#2]
its what mine is... i paid 350 for mine about a year ago... for the most part it shoots really well up untill a while ago when some parts just got worn out, mine is a little picky on ammo though, about the only thing it runs without a problem is American Eagle ammo... I guess i dont have any complantes

IIRC the early ones are mil spec (what mine is) but i think the newer ones after they got bought out by Iver Johnson the quality went down some?
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 1:36:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Considered one of the better commercial clones.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 3:08:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Shit, if they were $79, I'd buy a few. In the meantime, I'm considering letting my Scout M1A go and buying a M1 Carbine to have around for fun myself. I might just buy an Auto Ordnance though, instead of a CMP usgi. I'm not one concerned about rifles being usgi more than quality new parts and a new barrel.

Link Posted: 7/29/2009 3:58:48 PM EDT
[#5]
i bought one new back in mid 70s for arround $100 , shot real good but it was not mill-spec. there might be a part or so that might inter change but it was not mill-spec like the G I  model
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 6:28:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys for the comments this rifle just kind of fell in my lap but I think I might just go with a CMP.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 8:34:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks guys for the comments this rifle just kind of fell in my lap but I think I might just go with a CMP.

good choice
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 9:07:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Shit, if they were $79, I'd buy a few. In the meantime, I'm considering letting my Scout M1A go and buying a M1 Carbine to have around for fun myself. I might just buy an Auto Ordnance though, instead of a CMP usgi. I'm not one concerned about rifles being usgi more than quality new parts and a new barrel.

Sir do not sell your M1A scout to buy a carbine!!!!!!!!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top