Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2016 3:09:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lucky_13]
Anyone have any idea what SxS AOWs have gone for recently?  I know there are not many out there.

I also know where some virgin side by side receivers are, but they will cost me a pretty penny.  I am trying to make this work out to where my SOT could make them and basically give me one for free for setting this up.  But at the cost, I am not sure he could get anyone to bite.  To be fair, they are a premium product, originally made by a premium manufacturer.  

Please don't ask where these can be bought.  I want to see this thing through before letting that info go.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 4:33:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I know the dennys guns were going for mid 2k a few years ago.
A great market for these would be California. AOW double barrels are legal there, and people have money in California.
I can name a few ffls in cali off the top of my head that would be interested in them for the right price.
Id say if you can keep it under 1500, you can sell dozens. Under a thousand, maybe sell a hundred.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 1:02:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JsbsMarine:
I know the dennys guns were going for mid 2k a few years ago.
A great market for these would be California. AOW double barrels are legal there, and people have money in California.
I can name a few ffls in cali off the top of my head that would be interested in them for the right price.
Id say if you can keep it under 1500, you can sell dozens. Under a thousand, maybe sell a hundred.
View Quote

Unfortunately, I couldn't buy the parts for $1500.  That's forgetting the custom stock, along with fitting and assembly that would make them go boom.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 2:55:54 AM EDT
[#3]
why can't someone import a bunch of unfinished actions from Brazil, Russia or Spain?

Shouldn't cost more than $200 for an action plus buy a finished shotgun from the same country for $500 tops.  For $700 you have all the parts, just need someone to gunsmith and assemble.

If you really did it right, you could just get all the un-assembled parts you need in a box with a roughly chopped stock for $400.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 4:05:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 10:41:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep, that itself is the problem.
I was excited with the chiappa triple threat that came with a pistol grip only and a possible added shoulder stock. I asked chiappa if they could import some without the shoulder stock, so that it would be clean in the eyes of NFA laws. no go, they said ATF would only allow them importation of full stocked sets with the receivers.
:T
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 9:45:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top