Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tacked AOW Only Picture Thread (Page 5 of 5)
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 12:36:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 5:00:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: compuvette] [#2]
Factory Remington 870 10" AOW with Shockwave grip

I also have a Mossberg 500 14" also with a Shockwave.  All purchased because Indiana didn't allow SBS'S.  Now they do.....

ETA a better pic of the AOW with my factory Remington SBS as well.

Link Posted: 11/17/2016 6:03:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 8:52:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 11:08:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TriggerFish] [#5]
A.A.C.J.D.
Arizona Anti Car Jacking Device
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:15:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 5/14/2017 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 7/3/2017 2:43:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Just1MoreBlackRifle] [#8]
Always wanted a Serbu type AOW. Just was never excited about the 2+ 1 capacity and the need to constantly feed the gun.

The solution. TAC2 "Super Shotty". Black Aces receiver. Takes Saiga magazines and drums. 7 3/4" barrel. Threaded for Remington chokes in case I decide to mount a SiCo Salvo (I know...bit short of a barrel for SilencerCo's liking).

Impatiently waiting on approval.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 12:12:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TriggerFish] [#9]
The A.A.C.J.D. is now for "boating" too...

My oldest NFA/Title II firearm: 12 ga. 8” Mossberg 500 AOW
Built by a SOT in WA in July 1989 for the princely sum of $300 – the $5 stamp took 13 months (August 1990) to get back from ATF.  Over 3K rounds down the tube.  So for its 28th birthday I decided to take it to Robar* for the NP3 treatment…
I now have a Mossberg Mini Marine!  Great for repelling pirates… or any other varmints.

*A.) I live only 12 miles from Robar  B.) I have taken/sent many different firearms to them for NP3 coating over a 25+ year period.
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 12:52:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I collect C&R AOW's, mainly Handy Guns and Auto Burglar guns
I currently have 6 Auto Burglars and 36 Handy Guns with two more on transfer

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 12:14:46 AM EDT
[#11]

My Serbu Super-Shorty 12Ga in Combat grey cerakote. Nevermind my first attempt at stippling. Grip has been replaced since the photo with a Knoxx breacher grip.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 7:42:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Where did you get the furniture for these?
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 11:06:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zeke13] [#13]
My 870 Witness Protection model.  Don't know too much about it because it was made the year I was born (if I'm not mistaken). 12.5" with a 4+1 configuration.  I love this thing....  I bought her brand new (unfired) last year.  Please ignore my shoe.

Link Posted: 2/15/2018 3:11:33 PM EDT
[#14]
CAN'T SEE SHIII!
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 10:21:00 PM EDT
[#15]
How is that k grip attached to the slide? I have a similar setup, but it uses a picatinny mounted k grip to a small rail portion. I've been looking at modifying some extra k grips I bought to put on my other mossberg shotguns.

Originally Posted By TriggerFish:

Built by a SOT in WA in July 1989 for the princely sum of $300 – the $5 stamp took 13 months (August 1990) to get back from ATF.  Over 3K rounds down the tube.  So for its 28th birthday I decided to take it to Robar* for the NP3 treatment…
I now have a Mossberg Mini Marine!  Great for repelling pirates… or any other varmints.
http://i.imgur.com/ODUPTxU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/uXPiwV8.png

*A.) I live only 12 miles from Robar  B.) I have taken/sent many different firearms to them for NP3 coating over a 25+ year period.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 12:25:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#16]
@TriggerFish , you going to let me know how that thing is setup, or keep it a secret lol? I picked up a few mp5k grips and have some mossberg 500/590s and remington 870s that I want to attempt a similar modification on. Is it a through bolt to the block on the end of the action bars?

Originally Posted By Xela:
How is that k grip attached to the slide? I have a similar setup, but it uses a picatinny mounted k grip to a small rail portion. I've been looking at modifying some extra k grips I bought to put on my other mossberg shotguns.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By TriggerFish:

http://i.imgur.com/ODUPTxU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/uXPiwV8.png

Link Posted: 10/11/2018 1:33:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Hi all,

There's very little information regarding gemtech lde 9 on the net.

Its said that his inventor was Jim Ryan, from gemtech.

Jim moved to tacord.com and there's some info regarding its intention to manufacture a new version, but he did not release anything yet.

I got some books regarding pen guns.

I like to admire the puzzle and beautifulness of each design (reducing its size but keeping it effecttive) and find some designs is more beautiful and clean than others.

Between many models available on the market or homemade in several countries, I  think that gemtech lde 9 stands above it all, like true piece of art.

It's small size, simplicity and the use of a clever inline trigger and firing lock , with no external parts tells much about the designer habilities.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 1:34:45 AM EDT
[#18]
There are pages regarding its operation (Google "breachbangclear") but only one video about it in the entire internet, this one:

https://youtu.be/W9ZGiAzqyJw

From the video, one can imagine that this pen gun has some kind of detachable firing pin, that goes backward along with the pull ring, but at some stage it suddenly disconnects, going forward and firing the cartridge.

The trigger mechanism is not serviceable by the user, so, theres not a single one Photo showing its internal parts on the net.

You can imagine that the inventor may used some kind of roller lock to connect the pull ring to the firing pin,  like the ones used by quick release keychains like this

https://goo.gl/images/o8pDyR

It may also use some kind of pull ring trigger, like ones used by fuse igniters, maybe something like this

https://goo.gl/images/yX48Pq

Anyway, since none of its owner's has ever published a picture of a dismantled gemtech lde-9 (or made a X Ray showing its internal parts) and since there is not a single patent regarding it in the name of its inventor or related companies, the way this beautiful pen gun works remains a total and complete mistery since it's invention.

I found this invention really beautiful and clever and would love to know more about the way it works.

But it seems that the secret will remain for maaany other years.

ATB
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 2:54:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By amayumi:
There are pages regarding its operation (Google "breachbangclear") but only one video about it in the entire internet, this one:

https://youtu.be/W9ZGiAzqyJw

From the video, one can imagine that this pen gun has some kind of detachable firing pin, that goes backward along with the pull ring, but at some stage it suddenly disconnects, going forward and firing the cartridge.

The trigger mechanism is not serviceable by the user, so, theres not a single one Photo showing its internal parts on the net.

You can imagine that the inventor may used some kind of roller lock to connect the pull ring to the firing pin,  like the ones used by quick release keychains like this

https://goo.gl/images/o8pDyR

It may also use some kind of pull ring trigger, like ones used by fuse igniters, maybe something like this

https://goo.gl/images/yX48Pq

Anyway, since none of its owner's has ever published a picture of a dismantled gemtech lde-9 (or made a X Ray showing its internal parts) and since there is not a single patent regarding it in the name of its inventor or related companies, the way this beautiful pen gun works remains a total and complete mistery since it's invention.

I found this invention really beautiful and clever and would love to know more about the way it works.

But it seems that the secret will remain for maaany other years.

ATB
View Quote
It appears to use a fairly ordinary mechanism, akin to a Sedgley signal pistol. Instead of a trigger, the striker is first cocked by the pulled ring and subsequently released once pulled far enough. Instead of the radial notches (made for the simplicity of the firing pin/striker/"sear" all in one for the Sedgley) it seems to use simple cutouts instead. The safety is obvious, a threaded retention sleeve that doesn't allow the striker to move.

At least, that's how I'd go about making such a device cheaply, easily, and reliably.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 10:07:36 AM EDT
[#20]
That's the beauty of this product.

The mechanism you described is common in igniter fuses, like ump-1

https://goo.gl/images/WR1ChV

But this kind of trigger maintain a constant spring tension over the pull rod after fire (lde-9 rod remain free after firing).

And this kind of trigger were not (I think, from the diagram), to allow the rod to go forward and catch the firing pin again after percussion cap was fired, since the locking balls has no tension actuating over it to compress it again inside the rod notches.

Even if the pull rod had a conical tip, the locking balls won't have nothing to force it again inside the firing pin cylinder.

Also, this kind of mechanism seems to demand a bigger body, when the lde 9 remains small and thin.

I am not against your idea (the English is not my first language, please sorry!) just explaining what I think (and maybe I am very wrong!!)

But it really seems that lde9 has some kind of notch somewhere along its pulling rod.

The mistery is how it connects to firing pin not only in a inline manner, but in a way that it can be recocked after firing.

Thats what I never saw in another project, even is several kinds of ignitor fuses designs.

Atb
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 12:38:56 PM EDT
[#21]
I need to disassemble a Sedgley and take some photos for you... what you're describing from the LDE-9 is how the Sedgley works, but instead of a separate rod sliding over the cocking/release mechanism, there's a sliding trigger at 90°, doing the same.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 9:12:19 AM EDT
[#22]

Hot linked it for you.

That is a slick AOW would like to have one.

I really wish someone would start making stuff like this again. With NFA so main stream now I think they would sell well.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 5:03:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TriggerFish] [#23]
@TriggerFish , you going to let me know how that thing is setup, or keep it a secret lol? I picked up a few mp5k grips and have some mossberg 500/590s and remington 870s that I want to attempt a similar modification on. Is it a through bolt to the block on the end of the action bars?
View Quote
Sorry Xela it took so long to get back to you.  Here are detail pix of modified "V" block the gunsmith made to accept the modified plastic K-grip.  Grip is attached to the block via bolt through open bottom of handle.

Since it was built in 1990 the front grip has been known as the "Hunt-Handle" named for the designer.  The gunsmith passed away several years ago so...
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 10:51:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 10:01:29 AM EDT
[#25]
It is a work in progress, 20 gauge 590:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 7:08:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 5:10:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Took the Shockwave grip off my Remington and put a Pachmyer on:

It’s a factory AOW Remington 870 10” Breacher.  Came with a Knox grip that I hated.  Switched to a Shockwave for a while but I like the Pachmyer the best.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 12:51:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Just got approved Form 1 back for AOW.

Link Posted: 9/19/2019 12:08:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By AZ_Raptor:
Just got approved Form 1 back for AOW.
https://tinyurl.com/y3xydy7c
https://tinyurl.com/yyrkfhnu
https://tinyurl.com/y4a5utz5
View Quote
Wait, what? Where the heck did you get a Triple Threat that had never been stocked? That's awesome!
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 3:32:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_Raptor] [#30]
Originally Posted By pyotr_k:
Wait, what? Where the heck did you get a Triple Threat that had never been stocked? That's awesome!
View Quote
It started out as a Charles Daly Chiappa Triple Honcho Pistol-Grip Firearm.
Two models are available.
12 Gauge = SKU #930170 | UPC #8053800940481 LINK
.410 Gauge = SKU #930171 | UPC #8053800940498 LINK
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 4:04:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By AZ_Raptor:

It started out as a Charles Daly Chiappa Triple Honcho Pistol-Grip Firearm.
Two models are available.
12 Gauge = SKU #930170 | UPC #8053800940481 LINK
.410 Gauge = SKU #930171 | UPC #8053800940498 LINK
View Quote
Marvelous, thank you! I had zero awareness of their PGO models.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 7:48:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: swampfoxoutdoors] [#32]
Finally able to post this.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/4/2020 9:51:03 PM EDT
[#33]
183 days

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/10/2020 5:22:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Third_Rail] [#34]
View Quote

@HK94dude Pull-release firing? Screw breech? I'd love some details on that.

I see they have a website - but it must be truly custom since nothing like that is on there. Neat purchase!

ETA: I see that thread protector. I bet that's fun - if a bit spicy to fire - with a can.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 9:13:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:

I see they have a website - but it must be truly custom since nothing like that is on there. Neat purchase!

ETA: I see that thread protector. I bet that's fun - if a bit spicy to fire - with a can.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:

@Third_Rail

Pull-release firing and screw breach.  Sadly I've been working too much the last week and haven't had a chance to fire it yet.

w/form 1 pistol can

Link Posted: 9/10/2020 11:22:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By HK94dude:
@Third_Rail

Pull-release firing and screw breach.  Sadly I've been working too much the last week and haven't had a chance to fire it yet.

https://i.imgur.com/oqKR3In.jpg

w/form 1 pistol can
https://i.imgur.com/V6hv33Y.jpg

View Quote

Simple and clean. Nice!

Doesn't look too silly to me - but I love goofy can-to-gun ratios myself.

Case in point:

Link Posted: 9/4/2021 12:49:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 4:13:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Just got done with this one for a customer at the shop.

Took an .380 Altor pistol and made a new body for it out of carbon fiber, aluminum and a bit of titanium for the trigger/button.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 6:28:42 PM EDT
[#40]
...and with his 'little friend':
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 11:48:01 PM EDT
[#41]
I really want to have my Safety Harbor coated. Part of me wants to do the whole thing in TiN gold.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 8:16:41 PM EDT
[#42]
8+1 Goodness

Link Posted: 4/8/2022 5:39:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 4:59:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Just got my first aow. It makes stamp #12. Off to look into arf approved mods
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 6:55:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By weapons_free:
Just got my first aow. It makes stamp #12. Off to look into arf approved modshttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/326579/PXL_20220622_202452049_MP-2427114.jpg
View Quote

I switched my rear grip out found it pretty brutal. I really like the loop it had so still need to figure out how to add another. Probably just end up with one that goes in between the grip and gun.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:12:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scottMO] [#46]
12g mossy
12g 870
20g mossy DU

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Tacked AOW Only Picture Thread (Page 5 of 5)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top