Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2017 5:38:30 PM EDT
I just cut my 870 to 12.5" and it feels like normal length, like how it should feel. It by no means felt 'short'. Now, I'm not much of a shotgun guy and I've become accustomed to SBRs but I can't imagine what a 18" police gun feels like.

I then grabbed my 28" 1100 and dang that was ridiculous.

I feel like it was a much more significant change than going from a 16" AR to a 10.5" AR.

Anyone else feel the same?
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 6:07:51 PM EDT
[#1]
All I own as SBS shotguns, so a regular one would probably feel like a phone pole to me now.

I can relate on the rifle side though... I typically only shoot my SBRs and a week ago I drug out my 20" AR and that thing felt like it was a mile long.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 9:54:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep.  I bought a Mossberg 590 with a 14", as I didn't have a SBS, and was amazed how much handier it was compared to an 18" shotgun.

Seems like a 14" or so is the way to go - you still have 5 shots in the tube plus one in the chamber, and you gain the handling advantage with the shorty barrrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top