Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/31/2017 3:35:49 PM EDT
I ordered my handguard April 24th and haven't received any notification that it shipped yet. Has anyone ordered they're handguard around that time and received it yet? I emailed Ramy but got no response.

6-1-17

I spoke with Remy over the phone he said he had problems with the black anodizing was causing spots on the Finish. He sent out the hand guards to get cerakoted black and he should get them back on Monday and should be shipping out next week. He was courteous, Very professional businessman and enjoyed the phone conversation him.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 11:14:54 AM EDT
[#1]
For what its worth, my black HG wasn't as "black" as I would want it had a minor purple tint to it.  I cerakote stuff anyway so I'll hit it with some Armor Black.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:50:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I just ordered a coyote short handguard from Ramy today.  Forgot to ask how long it would be before it shipped.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 1:42:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just ordered a coyote short handguard from Ramy today.  Forgot to ask how long it would be before it shipped.
View Quote
He said they should be shipping out next week IDK if that is only the black ones. Usually he makes runs and the longest wait is one month tops. Granted that there was a hiccup with my order is the anodizing wasn't correct. I know he is a one man shop. He must be one hell of a tool maker to design, make to the tooling, and mfg the handguards!
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 2:16:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I ordered a coyote long on May 12th and haven't heard anything, but I'm just being patient for now. If June 12th comes and goes I'll email him. I'm just glad he's making these.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 2:50:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm happy he's making these too. Other machine shops are charging $400 to $600 which is a rip-off! Granted he is one man shop he probably has other products and projects he has to spend time to.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 3:16:14 PM EDT
[#6]
The handguard is amazing. It's exceptionally well made and changes both the look and feel of the ACR. That said, a lot of the black ones I have been seeing recently turned out to be varying shades of purple. The ones I have seen lately have been anywhere from "kinda purple" to "Grimace". Anodizing can be tricky and we've all seen major AR manufactures make the occasional "Barney" receiver or rail, so if a major AR manufacturer occasionally churns out purple parts, it's definitely understandable from a one man shop. Sounds like future black handguards will be Cerakoted, which makes sense as it would seemingly eliminate potential problems for a one man shop. In any event, the handguard is phenomenal and with the exception of potential color issues, its hard to imagine anyone being disappointed with the performance.

Full disclosure-I ordered a black handguard during one of his production runs a few months ago and suffice it to say, it didn't turn out anything like the handguards I was looking at on Instagram while I was waiting for shipping/production deadlines to finally be met. I have discussed the issues with Ramy and he did make an offer to straighten everything out, however it's been a few weeks since I have heard from back from him. That said, I completely understand that he's a one man shop in another country that's producing a very in-demand product, which is why I am going to continue giving him the benefit of the doubt for a little bit longer. I'm hoping that I will hear back from him soon once he gets caught up and we can get everything taken care of.

I absolutely love my handguard and so far, Ramy has been good to work with. I just wanted to offer my a little bit of my personal experience to let prospective buyers know that the handguard is amazing (I don't think I can say that enough), that it's being made by a one man custom shop in Canada so it could take some time before you receive it and like anything that is anodized black-it could turn out purple.

Like I mentioned, I hope hear back from Ramy soon, as I would like to purchase at least one more handguard from him. Either way, I will update this post accordingly.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:57:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Any update?  How about some pics and a link to his website? I need one in Coyote.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:48:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I spoke to ramey wedsnday night he got the rails in from his painter who does the cerakote paint jobs for him. He sent them back to the painter because the finish applied wasn't to his standards he said the finish was thick and you can tell the finish wasn't the greatest. He said he sent them back the get refinshed, sometimes shit happens and I am grateful for hIs attention to detail. He said it will be week delay. He sent them back and his painter, made it a top priority to get them back to him asap, done right. I know he told me he makes 65 rails a month and gets about 12 to 13 rails done a week. He has his cnc machines running all the time. He makes them out of a solid block of aluminum which takes a alot of time to make. I give him kudos for making sure his products turn out great. Custom made parts without the custom prices and I give him credit for that.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:57:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Does he have a website?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:10:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Ramey is a stud and a stand up guy.  Hes super busy, rest assured you guys will get your stuff and it will be awesome.  

HE DOESNT HAVE A WEBSITE!!!  Hes stated a 100 times to follow him on Instagram at RPM tool.  Email him and put in an order through his email.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 8:06:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ramey is a stud and a stand up guy.  Hes super busy, rest assured you guys will get your stuff and it will be awesome.  

HE DOESNT HAVE A WEBSITE!!!  Hes stated a 100 times to follow him on Instagram at RPM tool.  Email him and put in an order through his email.
View Quote
Ok easy! Was a simple question about his website? Apparently every member on this site now knows that he doesn't have one.

I guess everyone should also just know his email
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:05:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I just got a email from Ramey. He said he should get the rails that he shipped last week in today or tommrow and should be shipped out this week. He said my rail was in that shipment.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:45:54 PM EDT
[#13]
The handguard arrived today at my house. I couldn't be any happier with my the handguard. The black cerakote job is fantastic and is smooth as glass and very light too.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 5:29:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone heard anything on the latest batch of the FDE shorty handguards?
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 8:01:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Anyone heard anything on the latest batch of the FDE shorty handguards?
View Quote
The cerakote job wasn't up to their standards, so they had get them redone. Should be finished this week. 

I'm waiting on a short FDE handguard as well. 
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 1:48:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Just got my long FDE in today, so right at 2 months. I'll put up pics tomorrow in the pic thread if I can find a new host. Looks and feels great. Perfect match for my ACR.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 2:54:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Placed an order for a black short mlok handguard on June 25th, nothing so far.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 8:42:07 AM EDT
[#18]
I emailed them a couple pricing questions about 3 weeks ago, no reply yet. Sounds like this is pretty typical?
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 10:12:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I emailed them a couple pricing questions about 3 weeks ago, no reply yet. Sounds like this is pretty typical?
View Quote
No. 

Try FB message. Much quicker response. 

My RPM handguard:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 11:15:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
I always get a response from him within 24hrs on Instagram.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 9:14:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No. 

My RPM handguard:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/44195/ACR_RPM-327874.JPG
View Quote
Sweet setup you got there!  May I ask what flash hider that is?
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 10:34:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. 

My RPM handguard:

Surefire SF3P SOCOM flash hider suppressor mount. 
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 12:48:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
No. 

My RPM handguard:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No. 

My RPM handguard:

Pics like these make it harder for me to save my $ for the FLIR TWS I’ve been eyeing for 2 yrs.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 11:54:18 AM EDT
[#24]
I was finally able to contact RPM through FB messenger.  Email kept bouncing and my phone can't make international calls (Canada).

I ordered a black / short (SBR) length handguard in 7075 for $302 shipped.

Ramy said the 7075 was an extra $35 upgrade over the 6061 T6 alloy with "double" the strength.

Should be shipped in about 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 3:20:50 PM EDT
[#25]
I just put in an order for the 7075 shorty. I already have his first gen shorty. So I’m sure this one will be just as good!!
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 7:00:20 PM EDT
[#26]
My 7075 T6 long handguard came yesterday.  What an amazing piece of kit.  It completely changes the feel of the rifle.  Mine is black and while it is not quite as deep a black as the rest of the ACR it doesn't stand out or clash and it definitely is not purple.

With the new lighter profile 1 in 7 barrel (14.5 on mine) and Ramy's handguard the front heaviness of the ACR is largely mitigated.

TH
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 8:30:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

My 7075 T6 long handguard came yesterday.  What an amazing piece of kit.  It completely changes the feel of the rifle.  Mine is black and while it is not quite as deep a black as the rest of the ACR it doesn't stand out or clash and it definitely is not purple.

With the new lighter profile 1 in 7 barrel (14.5 on mine) and Ramy's handguard the front heaviness of the ACR is largely mitigated.

TH
View Quote
Gotta pic?
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 11:15:51 AM EDT
[#28]
I just ordered a coyote shorty in 7075. Will post pics once it arrives.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 12:48:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Gotta pic?
View Quote

There ya go.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 2:27:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Awesome!  Thanks!

BTW, is there a screw missing on the front of the handguard (under the front sight)?
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 2:39:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Awesome!  Thanks!

BTW, is there a screw missing on the front of the handguard (under the front sight)?
View Quote
The HG comes with 2 screws I am waiting till I get some blue loctite to install them.
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 9:57:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Awesome!  Thanks!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Awesome!  Thanks!

The "missing" screw is an option screw that mates with a threaded hole in the ACR receiver to semi-permanently attach the handguard to the rifle.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 9:37:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The "missing" screw is an option screw that mates with a threaded hole in the ACR receiver to semi-permanently attach the handguard to the rifle.
View Quote
Thanks for the extra info.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Man I want one of those... I emailed him a week ago... no reply.
I tried to look it up on FB but couldn’t find anything.

I messaged him on IG just now.

Hopefully I get a response soon.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 7:58:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Man I want one of those... I emailed him a week ago... no reply.
I tried to look it up on FB but couldn’t find anything.

I messaged him on IG just now.

Hopefully I get a response soon.
View Quote
I talked to him a couple weeks ago.  He is making an updated version as we speak.  Hes always on IG, and hes usually pretty good about responding.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 10:51:27 AM EDT
[#36]
I ordered a coyote 7075 about 6-7 weeks ago and haven't heard anything.

EDIT: Ramy says they ship this week.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 11:59:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Anyone know what parts I need to make the RPM rail fit?

I recently bought my acr and it came with this rail. It looks like it has a different attachment system.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 2:53:19 PM EDT
[#38]
That's a piece of the handguard. Remove it and put it on the handguard. Then, you're good.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 8:54:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Anyone know what parts I need to make the RPM rail fit?

I recently bought my acr and it came with this rail. It looks like it has a different attachment system.
View Quote
??? You don't need any parts to make the RPM handguard fit. It just goes on and is secured with one pin, just like every other ACR handguard.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:13:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

??? You don't need any parts to make the RPM handguard fit. It just goes on and is secured with one pin, just like every other ACR handguard.
View Quote
yeah... I don't have a pin... look at the picture in my post.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 8:54:00 AM EDT
[#41]
The pin is part of any of the handguards you would buy. And that airsoft handguard DOES have a pin, you just left it in and unscrewed the bracket holding the pin from the handguard.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 9:18:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Hopefully these are still available once I find a brown ACR. Trigger and hand rail are going to be my first upgrades.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:32:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Looks like Ramy is starting to ship these out.

02/28 expected delivery date.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:35:59 AM EDT
[#44]
@topgunpilot20

What's the HG/bbl length setup on that? Looks amazing.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:30:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
@topgunpilot20

What's the HG/bbl length setup on that? Looks amazing.
View Quote
Factory 10" barrel and short RPM handguard. Here's a better pic:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 2:29:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Looks like Ramy is starting to ship these out.

02/28 expected delivery date.
View Quote
Active 8 minutes ago...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 3:08:55 PM EDT
[#47]
He just responded to me yesterday. Quoted me 2+ months on a coyote shorty, but.... I've got Form 1 time
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:22:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Arrived today.

The color matches the rest of the rifle. Not sure why it appears different in the pic.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 9:23:47 PM EDT
[#49]
anybody have a lead on a short handguard or want to sell theirs?
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 10:23:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Arrived today.

http://i.imgur.com/DsgVqrr.jpg

The color matches the rest of the rifle. Not sure why it appears different in the pic.
View Quote
10.5 inch barrel?

Either way, it's beautiful.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top