Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2017 11:45:01 AM EDT
I've had the old ACR for years and finally decided to put up a review due to Bushmaster's new found willingness (according to them at SHOT) to actually start providing support to the design so here goes....

Pros:
-ambi controls that are set up in very ergonomic places
-the folding stock is an excellent design
-adjustable gas system for suppressor use
-CHF barrel
-easy to change the barrel
-now coming with the MLOK handguard allowing for easy accessory mounting (or 1913 rail of course)
-aftermarket 5.56 barrels are out which is a step in the right direction

Cons:
-Cost
-very front heavy
-M4 profile makes no sense
-"adaptive" rifle that you can't change the grip on
-accuracy wasn't as good as many ARs but it's a sample size of 1

Full review:

Bushmaster Adaptive Combat Rifle (ACR) 5.56 Rifle Review (HD)
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 11:54:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Pretty spot on, I bought mine a few months after the first gens came out and have loved it ever since. Mine is also pretty darn accurate it will shoot moa all day long even with crappy 55gr ammo. I'd put it up against my match barrel ar15's anyday.

As for them coming with mlok now, where did you hear that? As far as I know only changes are mostly spec wise with only big external difference is coming with a 51t.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 12:37:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the great review. I have loved the platform since day one. I'm happy to see that Bushmaster is starting to support it. Rumor had it that they were going to discontinue it at one point. As for the M-lok handguard...haven't heard that, but would be a great idea. I do know that they now ship with the AAC 51t and some are getting a new style safety lever. I believe it is on the DMR version and hopefully they will release it for purchase for the rest of us.

For anyone looking to get a new M-Lok handguard similar to the Remington version...you should check out RPM Tools from Canada. I have the shorter SBR version in Coyote due to arrive tomorrow. I will try to get some pics posted asap.

Link Posted: 4/7/2017 1:33:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for this I've been meaning to pick up an ACR and I watch your reviews on the treadmill so this gives me something to do due my afternoon run!
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 2:54:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Great review!!  Here's mine with the new Mlok from RPM.  Stellar craftsmanship from RPM!!

Link Posted: 4/7/2017 8:52:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty spot on, I bought mine a few months after the first gens came out and have loved it ever since. Mine is also pretty darn accurate it will shoot moa all day long even with crappy 55gr ammo. I'd put it up against my match barrel ar15's anyday.

As for them coming with mlok now, where did you hear that? As far as I know only changes are mostly spec wise with only big external difference is coming with a 51t.
View Quote
Bushmaster told me that back in January.  I kind of assumed it was happening by now but maybe not?
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 9:05:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Bushmaster told me that back in January.  I kind of assumed it was happening by now but maybe not?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe they're talking about the slots in the Basic handguard being MLOK compatible instead of MOE compatible?
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 9:06:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
. . . Mine is also pretty darn accurate it will shoot moa all day long even with crappy 55gr ammo. I'd put it up against my match barrel ar15's anyday . . .
View Quote
Will we be seeing you post it in the MOA All Day Long Challege thread? I don't think there are any ACRs on the board yet.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 9:21:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Maybe they're talking about the slots in the Basic handguard being MLOK compatible instead of MOE compatible?
View Quote
Correct.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 10:12:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Will we be seeing you post it in the MOA All Day Long Challege thread? I don't think there are any ACRs on the board yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
. . . Mine is also pretty darn accurate it will shoot moa all day long even with crappy 55gr ammo. I'd put it up against my match barrel ar15's anyday . . .
Considering I don't know what that is... probably not.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 10:38:17 AM EDT
[#10]
I have the RPM handguard as well, it's awesome
Been looking for one in Coyote, would like to SBR one of those as well. Anyone know where to find? google search turns up nothing but used
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 10:48:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
MOA All Day Long Challenge

It originated as a way for posters to substantiate their accuracy claims. Most commonly "MOA all day long" which is where the name came from. 
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 12:22:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

MOA All Day Long Challenge

It originated as a way for posters to substantiate their accuracy claims. Most commonly "MOA all day long" which is where the name came from. 
View Quote
Oh ok that makes sense. Don't think I'd make that list cause I'm not a moa shooter or at least not to the specification of that topic without my bolt action. I know my rifle is moa cause I have shot moa groups with it but I'm not an moa shooter. So my acr may be an moa rifle all day but I am most certantly not a moa all day shooter.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 8:31:10 PM EDT
[#13]
The handguards are all still moe handguards.  I've not seen any design changes or part number changes for Mlok.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 8:50:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I just bought one and love it - OP I had seen your review and enjoyed it
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 11:24:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I just bought one and love it - OP I had seen your review and enjoyed it
View Quote
thank you
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 2:59:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Good review. I have owned one now for well over six years, seriously stopped counting a while back as to the amount of rounds through it but well over 25k. Have never replaced anything. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top